White Chocolate and Coconut Cookies

I had a cookie baking morning today and made this new cookie and they was delicious .

This recipe is by Donna Hays . I'm loving her recipes atm .

278_.jpg

INGREDIENTS
  • 125G BUTTER, CHOPPED
  • 1 CUP (220G) WHITE SUGAR
  • ½ TEASPOON VANILLA EXTRACT
  • 1 EGG
  • 1 CUP (150G) PLAIN FLOUR
  • 1 CUP (150G) SELF-RAISING FLOUR
  • 1 CUP (80G) DESICCATED COCONUT
  • 100G WHITE CHOCOLATE CHUNKS or chips
METHOD
  1. Preheat oven to 180ºC 160 C fan-forced. Beat the butter, sugar and vanilla in an electric mixer until light and creamy. Add the egg and beat well. Add the plain and self-raising flours and coconut and mix with a butter knife until a soft dough forms. Add the chocolate. Using your hands, mould 2 tablespoons of cookie mixture into a flat round.
  2. Place on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper, leaving room to spread. Repeat with remaining mixture. Bake for 10 minutes or until light golden. Allow to cool on trays. Makes 18.
* To check if the cookies are done, look at the bottom not the top. If you wait until the top looks right you risk overcooking them. To check, lift a cookie with a spatula so you can see underneath. The bottom should be deep golden. Cool on trays as the cookies will continue to cook after you’ve removed them from the oven.

Last edited:
Sponsored
I had a cookie baking morning today and made this new cookie and they was delicious .

This recipe is by Doona Hays . I'm loving her recipes atm .

View attachment 31172

INGREDIENTS
  • 125G BUTTER, CHOPPED
  • 1 EGG
METHOD
  1. Preheat oven to 180ºC 160 C fan-forced. Beat the butter, sugar and vanilla in an electric mixer until light and creamy. Add the egg and beat well. Add the plain and self-raising flours and coconut and mix with a butter knife until a soft dough forms. Add the chocolate. Using your hands, mould 2 tablespoons of cookie mixture into a flat round.
  2. Place on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper, leaving room to spread. Repeat with remaining mixture. Bake for 10 minutes or until light golden. Allow to cool on trays. Makes 18.
* To check if the cookies are done, look at the bottom not the top. If you wait until the top looks right you risk overcooking them. To check, lift a cookie with a spatula so you can see underneath. The bottom should be deep golden. Cool on trays as the cookies will continue to cook after you’ve removed them from the oven.
Coconut and white chocolate, interesting combination. Your house must smell heavenly! :)

Only 2 for sweets and that is a cheesecake and shortbread. None of which contain sugar, grains, flour of any kind, or milk chocolate.

Unfortunately too much sugar and white chocolate is not real chocolate , it contains a lot of sugar and fatty food additive called lecithin.
I prefer to use healthier ingredients.

Unfortunately too much sugar and white chocolate is not real chocolate , it contains a lot of sugar and fatty food additive called lecithin.
I prefer to use healthier ingredients.
Yes this recipe is a nightmare for insulin resistance, pre-diabetes or diabetes itself. There is no eating in moderation with this either. I can't understand why they would even make this poison leave alone SDC advertising it.

This recipe is by Doona Hays . I'm loving her recipes atm .

View attachment 31172

INGREDIENTS
  • 125G BUTTER, CHOPPED
  • 1 EGG
METHOD
Hope “ doona” hays is having a sleepy 💤 day

Yes this recipe is a nightmare for insulin resistance, pre-diabetes or diabetes itself. There is no eating in moderation with this either. I can't understand why they would even make this poison leave alone SDC advertising it.
I’ve made these they are delicious and my diabetic friend had some also.i used quarter cup raw sugar and diabetic chocolate. So just adjust and alter the ingredients it’s easy😁

Last edited:
Diabetes here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This recipe isn't that bad. Hubby never eats things with sugar in them yet he has diabetes. There there us my brother who is 59 and eats so much crape and no sign of diabetes .
You hear new things everyday and I now take eat whatever food you want but in moderation .

You keep making comments like Diabetes Here we come. No one is making you read them the same as you can't dictate what is posted on Here.

We are not kids on this forum so should by now know what to eat and not eat

This recipe isn't that bad. Hubby never eats things with sugar in them yet he has diabetes. There there us my brother who is 59 and eats so much crape and no sign of diabetes .
You hear new things everyday and I now take eat whatever food you want but in moderation .

You keep making comments like Diabetes Here we come. No one is making you read them the same as you can't dictate what is posted on Here.

We are not kids on this forum so should by now know what to eat and not eat
There’s a smart arse around every corner where are there recipes😈