SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
Sethia Soliman

Sethia Soliman

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2022
Which of your ‘flaws’ are you most proud of?

Hello, dear members! This week, we're incorporating a slight twist to our get-to-know-each-other-sessions. I want to start a thread that celebrates the 'flaws' that modern society would typically look down on. Whether it's fine lines, freckles, having a chubbier or thinner figure, or being 'too opinionated', I would love it if we can all show ourselves some love for being made to feel ashamed for the most mundane things that make us human.

Screenshot 2023-05-11 at 8.23.44 AM.png
Source: Pexels

If you've got a story to share, feel free to join us by leaving a comment below!

Last edited:
Only someone not happy with their life would try and make someone else feel bad about themselves. I'm sure if it was the other way around they would not have made that comment. As long as you feel good about yourself, it doesnt matter how the people you may never see again feel. Good on you for going and having a good time.

We all have flaws. It’s so offensive if anyone ever comments on anyone’s weight ever! When at school a girl called me “Barrell”. I was so hurt. As a result, I have had a lifetime of eating disorders. I am 64, and still freak out about weight. We are all controlled by genes, and some are blessed, others are not. I would like to comment on dole “bludgers”. The great Aussie freebie, gifted to thousands who wouldn’t know how to work if they tried. If I was a politician, I’d be moving the goalposts. In America, you get 6 months, then payments ✋. It’s about time the gravy train stopped, and some bludgers got off their butts, and did an honest days work. The Polly’s would not have the guts to do it. Baby boomers generally worked hard to own a home. I trained as a nurse and midwife, and on my 2 days off, I worked locum , so I could save for a house. I was 26 years old, and purchased a unit in Balwyn in Melbourne. It was my palace, and a dream come true. I didn’t get a cent from my parents, and was one of 6 children from a 3 bedroom home. My mother had to work full time to educate us, and feed us. It angers me that some people don’t understand. Some young people, are raised to believe that lazy is the way forward. Our generation worked hard. Now, we are taxed beyond belief, to pay for bludger lifestyle. Don’t he me wrong! Some are genuine and can’t work or find work. I wonder what the seniors community thinks? Wow! Gezabel.

Reactions: Jarred Santos
I always hated it when after having a baby a certain friend would say to me 'oh you haven't lost weight yet ' then when I went down to a size 10 she never said anything even though she was around an 18.

I realised that when someone says something about your weight it us usually that they have a problem

I'm now a 12 to 14 and proud of what my body has gone through 13 babies , no stretch marks except battle scars from recent surgeries and after all that at least I'm alive .

It's funny how we often take words for granted, but even those uttered so carelessly can sometimes bury themselves so deep it takes a lifetime to wrench them out :(