SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
Jarred Santos

Jarred Santos

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 10, 2022
What's your favourite biscuit, and why?

Hello, dearest members! How are you all doing? I (Jarred) hope you’re all fine and dandy!

I’m eating my favourite snack: Tim Tams! These little rectangles of biscuits and chocolatey perfection used to be my little fixes of heaven on Earth! As a child, I remember always asking for them whenever my folks would go out for a shop.

Oh, I remember the evil stare my sister would give me when she’d realise someone had been taking a sneaky bite (or ten…) out of her choccie stash, which would be followed by a short chase around the house. I’d always outrun her, though! 😉 Ah, the good times…

compressed-photo-1622405207562-735fa49ff7f7.jpeg
Image Credit: Unsplash

Anyway, I’ve since had a more muted appetite for sweets — part of growing up, maybe — but of course, now and then, I’d get that odd craving for some. And so, I bought a packet, only to be a bit disappointed that they’ve somehow shrunken. The thing is, I’m not entirely sure that they have, which places me in a weird spot of confusion and surprise.

In the end, it doesn’t matter: there are only a few Tim Tams to go, I'll eat them all in an instant, smaller biscuits be damned. Are they your favourite biscuit too? Or do you have another? I’d love to hear about which biscuit is your favourite and why!

Tell us all about it here!

I have two favourites, Tim Tams and Choc Mint Slice, but Tim Tams are the favourite of my daughter 42, I keep them in the fridge for her daily visit to check on me, I have a shot cup for her coffee and a Tim Tam in the fridge, although some days she is a good girl and leaves the Tim Tam in the fridge.........yeh I think they shrunk a couple of years ago
Toni

I have two favourites, Tim Tams and Choc Mint Slice, but Tim Tams are the favourite of my daughter 42, I keep them in the fridge for her daily visit to check on me, I have a shot cup for her coffee and a Tim Tam in the fridge, although some days she is a good girl and leaves the Tim Tam in the fridge.........yeh I think they shrunk a couple of years ago
Toni
I used to love mint slice but I feel they changed maybe around 5 years ago . One they shrunk abd 2nd I found the mint was nolonger soft when you bit into them

I'm so over chocolate at the moment. It seems to me that every dessert you pick up is chocolate flavoured and I've had enough. Offer me a good butter shortbread any time and I'll snatch your hand off!! :)
I am off milk chocolate too and have been for a while. Carob is far more appealing to me, though I do tend to enjoy a nibble of Dark chocolate with rum and raisin.

Hello, dearest members! How are you all doing? I (Jarred) hope you’re all fine and dandy!

I’m eating my favourite snack: Tim Tams! These little rectangles of biscuits and chocolatey perfection used to be my little fixes of heaven on Earth! As a child, I remember always asking for them whenever my folks would go out for a shop.

Oh, I remember the evil stare my sister would give me when she’d realise someone had been taking a sneaky bite (or ten…) out of her choccie stash, which would be followed by a short chase around the house. I’d always outrun her, though! 😉 Ah, the good times…

View attachment 18484

Anyway, I’ve since had a more muted appetite for sweets — part of growing up, maybe — but of course, now and then, I’d get that odd craving for some. And so, I bought a packet, only to be a bit disappointed that they’ve somehow shrunken. The thing is, I’m not entirely sure that they have, which places me in a weird spot of confusion and surprise.

In the end, it doesn’t matter: there are only a few Tim Tams to go, I'll eat them all in an instant, smaller biscuits be damned. Are they your favourite biscuit too? Or do you have another? I’d love to hear about which biscuit is your favourite and why!

My favourite was the Lattice biscuit. I used it in so many desserts but it was also delicious on its own. I was devastated when they discontinued it

My favourite was the Lattice biscuit. I used it in so many desserts but it was also delicious on its own. I was devastated when they discontinued it
Mum used to do a passonfruit slice with them people loved it then a friends wife, mum had given the recipe too was devastated the biscuits were discontinued and Googled a substitute in can the SAO biscuits and it's close to it

I used to make a quick custard slice using lattice biscuits
Mum used to do a passonfruit slice with them people loved it then a friends wife, mum had given the recipe too was devastated the biscuits were discontinued and Googled a substitute in can the SAO biscuits and it's close to it
I used to make a slice using lattice biscuits and saos aren't a good substitute, there is an Asian biscuit that is close to it

My favourites were always Chocolate Royals. Not the sickly pink ones with milk chocolate that they have these days, but the original ones that had the white marshmallow with the beautiful dark chocolate.
Don't know why on earth they changed them.

View attachment 18484

Arnott's Shortbread known in our house, as a child, as 'barkie biscuits' because they resembled the bark of a tree. After 70 odd years, my brother and I still refer to them as barkie biscuits today.

View attachment 18484

Bush Bisuits! Butter and vegemite.
Can't buy them anywhere (that I've tried anyway) but they did make a short comeback a few years ago!