Died. She was physically and mental abusive. This day and age she would have gone to jail.
So sad! Can’t imagine that! My mother and father were the best parents! Hardworking and tried to give us 7 kids the world! Angels in heaven! God bless them!👍💜

When I was 10, our new Primary School started a Band. My Mum forced me (happily playing Rugby League) into it, much against my wishes. When my Dad asked why, she answered "I want to see if he has a talent for this sort of thing." 2 years a later the Band was still struggling but I was made to perform solo at the Xmas Concert playing "Amazing Grace". It must've been ok as I got off stage alive & I'd fallen in love with music. Fast forward 20 years & I'd achieved Competition wins at Regional, State & National level & been selected in 3 National Bands/Wind Orchestras. I never got to say a simple "thank you" to Mum before she passed, but the sight of her jumping up & down & clapping her hands like a little girl when we learnt of my first National Selection is a memory that I'll always treasure. :)

What's the greatest thing your mother ever did for you?

Hey members!

I hope you're all having a fantastic weekend! How have you all been?

I've got some exciting plans lined up: a cosy date with my lounge and a Korean series I've been absolutely obsessed with called The Good Bad Mother. Trust me, this show takes you on an emotional rollercoaster, delving into the complexities of parenting, childhood, and disability. It's a captivating watch showcasing the extraordinary lengths mothers go to for their children.

So here's a burning question for you, folks: What's the greatest thing your mother ever did for you?

Let me kick things off. Aside from the obvious gift of life, I'll forever cherish the moment my mom wholeheartedly accepted me for who I am. I never had to sit her down and have the ‘coming out’ conversation; she just seemed to know and embraced me for who I am. Not only did she embrace my true self, but she also welcomed my partner into our family with open arms. That kind of love and acceptance is something I'll always treasure.

But enough about me - I'm dying to hear your incredible stories! Share the most remarkable thing your mother has ever done for you. Whether it's a moment of unwavering support, a selfless sacrifice, or a simple act of kindness, I know we all have beautiful tales to tell.

View attachment 21953
Credits: Unsplash

Our mother brought us up with love, honesty, fairness, a strong sense or right and wrong, and the best sense of humour. I can only hope that I have done her justice.

I did have a wonderful Dad and he was never aware of the abuse as I so worried he would leave.Thanks for nort berating me as it is not roses for everyone and you are blessed if you had a loving family.
I didn't realise until I was an adult how great my parents were; I thought everybody had a kind family. After my parents died, many of my friends told me that if it hadn't been for my parents they would have no fond memories of their childhood. I feel sad for all who suffered at the hands of the people who are supposed to protect them.

My parents also had the foresight to leave their country to come to one where they did not even know the language. Both worked very hard to give us the great life we have here in Melbourne. My mother ensured that her daughters were well educated (unlike her experience) and was always supportive of me regardless of whether she agreed or not with what I wanted to do. She looked after my children during their primary school years so that I could go to work.

Taught me and all my brothers and sisters 12 in all to believe in God to love one another, and through that have come to the knowledge of the saving grace of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

What's the greatest thing your mother ever did for you?

Hey members!

I hope you're all having a fantastic weekend! How have you all been?

I've got some exciting plans lined up: a cosy date with my lounge and a Korean series I've been absolutely obsessed with called The Good Bad Mother. Trust me, this show takes you on an emotional rollercoaster, delving into the complexities of parenting, childhood, and disability. It's a captivating watch showcasing the extraordinary lengths mothers go to for their children.

So here's a burning question for you, folks: What's the greatest thing your mother ever did for you?

Let me kick things off. Aside from the obvious gift of life, I'll forever cherish the moment my mom wholeheartedly accepted me for who I am. I never had to sit her down and have the ‘coming out’ conversation; she just seemed to know and embraced me for who I am. Not only did she embrace my true self, but she also welcomed my partner into our family with open arms. That kind of love and acceptance is something I'll always treasure.

But enough about me - I'm dying to hear your incredible stories! Share the most remarkable thing your mother has ever done for you. Whether it's a moment of unwavering support, a selfless sacrifice, or a simple act of kindness, I know we all have beautiful tales to tell.

View attachment 21953
Credits: Unsplash

Loved us even with all our fallts still loved us

Just being my mum and always being there for me with love.