SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
Vella Gonzaga

Vella Gonzaga

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 23, 2021
What's the greatest thing your mother ever did for you?

Hey members!

I hope you're all having a fantastic weekend! How have you all been?

I've got some exciting plans lined up: a cosy date with my lounge and a Korean series I've been absolutely obsessed with called The Good Bad Mother. Trust me, this show takes you on an emotional rollercoaster, delving into the complexities of parenting, childhood, and disability. It's a captivating watch showcasing the extraordinary lengths mothers go to for their children.

So here's a burning question for you, folks: What's the greatest thing your mother ever did for you?

Let me kick things off. Aside from the obvious gift of life, I'll forever cherish the moment my mom wholeheartedly accepted me for who I am. I never had to sit her down and have the ‘coming out’ conversation; she just seemed to know and embraced me for who I am. Not only did she embrace my true self, but she also welcomed my partner into our family with open arms. That kind of love and acceptance is something I'll always treasure.

But enough about me - I'm dying to hear your incredible stories! Share the most remarkable thing your mother has ever done for you. Whether it's a moment of unwavering support, a selfless sacrifice, or a simple act of kindness, I know we all have beautiful tales to tell.

compressed-bence-halmosi-0eErMhzFgvE-unsplash.jpeg
Credits: Unsplash

My mother was/is the world to me. My father passed away on Christmas day but that didn't stop her from making it special for my sister and I. Mum would always stay up and decorated the house overnight, you'd go to bed with your socks at the end of the bed and wake up to them filled with fruit and nuts, chocolate and a small gift that came from Santa and walk into the lounge with the tree up, presents under the tree and the fire roaring. If you were lucky it had been snowing. This she did each year despite it always being the day my father passed away. When we came out to Australia and only I was left at home with mum, we put up the decorations mid December and made our own memories and had a fun time together.

Giving Birth to me was the best thing. Then after a few getting to know each other years, She became my best friend. My father was just a man I saw every few years that slept in the loungeroom and we rarely if ever, truly talked.
Yep, my mum (RIP) really was my best friend and I miss our many what's what chats, while weeding the garden etc.
I used to give my Mother Birthday Cards on my Birthday for years.

What's this for? I actually do recall her saying many, many years back.
Well, I said, it's your Birthday too mum, you were there at my birth, so it has to be to celebrate your birthday too. Geeze you're a funny kid she used to say.

I aways wondered why we don't ALL give our parents, "our mothers especially" cards on our birthday. As a little bloke I felt it to be very important.

I may still yet create some commercially when I have funds to do so. Maybe other members could do likewise, if any agree that our Mums should Also have a birthday yaaay! card.

They already have the presence.. it's us!

Bringing me into this world and then, when I was 20 my mother (and father) made a big decision to bring their whole family (7 children, me the second eldest) to Australia from India. It was a big decision for parents of a large family, paying all our fares and wrapping up their lives there; they struggled here for many years but their sacrifice has been worth the life they gave me in this country. My husband (then engaged to me) followed 2 years later and we’ve been happily married for almost 56 years now. I thank God for the gift of unselfish parents, a loving husband and a wonderful life in Australia.

Bringing me into this world and then, when I was 20 my mother (and father) made a big decision to bring their whole family (7 children, me the second eldest) to Australia from India. It was a big decision for parents of a large family, paying all our fares and wrapping up their lives there; they struggled here for many years but their sacrifice has been worth the life they gave me in this country. My husband (then engaged to me) followed 2 years later and we’ve been happily married for almost 56 years now. I thank God for the gift of unselfish parents, a loving husband and a wonderful life in Australia.

Reactions: Nana Zorak
Giving Birth to me was the best thing. Then after a few getting to know each other years, She became my best friend. My father was just a man I saw every few years that slept in the loungeroom and we rarely if ever, truly talked.
Yep, my mum (RIP) really was my best friend and I miss our many what's what chats, while weeding the garden etc.
I used to give my Mother Birthday Cards on my Birthday for years.

What's this for? I actually do recall her saying many, many years back.
Well, I said, it's your Birthday too mum, you were there at my birth, so it has to be to celebrate your birthday too. Geeze you're a funny kid she used to say.

I aways wondered why we don't ALL give our parents, "our mothers especially" cards on our birthday. As a little bloke I felt it to be very important.

I may still yet create some commercially when I have funds to do so. Maybe other members could do likewise, if any agree that our Mums should Also have a birthday yaaay! card.

They already have the presence.. it's us!
My son has done this many times , hugged me back on his birthday and said thank you for having him, but then again he hugs me every day when he gets home from work and he is 23 even if he comes home with friends

What's the greatest thing your mother ever did for you?

Hey members!

I hope you're all having a fantastic weekend! How have you all been?

I've got some exciting plans lined up: a cosy date with my lounge and a Korean series I've been absolutely obsessed with called The Good Bad Mother. Trust me, this show takes you on an emotional rollercoaster, delving into the complexities of parenting, childhood, and disability. It's a captivating watch showcasing the extraordinary lengths mothers go to for their children.

So here's a burning question for you, folks: What's the greatest thing your mother ever did for you?

Let me kick things off. Aside from the obvious gift of life, I'll forever cherish the moment my mom wholeheartedly accepted me for who I am. I never had to sit her down and have the ‘coming out’ conversation; she just seemed to know and embraced me for who I am. Not only did she embrace my true self, but she also welcomed my partner into our family with open arms. That kind of love and acceptance is something I'll always treasure.

But enough about me - I'm dying to hear your incredible stories! Share the most remarkable thing your mother has ever done for you. Whether it's a moment of unwavering support, a selfless sacrifice, or a simple act of kindness, I know we all have beautiful tales to tell.

View attachment 21953
Credits: Unsplash

It was the day she adopted me. She gave me a stable loving home for which I'm forever grateful.

Died. She was physically and mental abusive. This day and age she would have gone to jail.
Wow Triddy, you had it hard. I worked for about a year for a business that told of MANY similar stories. I am not upset at all that my father (never my dad) passed and the day my *^#* sister passes, I will celebrate, and I truly am a kindhearted person.
Lifes not the same for us all. I am glad it got better for you mate.

Trusting me, in having made the right decision to bring my son to Australia for a better life than the one he would have in grey old England. It certainly rates with her giving birth to me when she hadn't ever wanted to have children after being the second eldest in a family of 25 children it gave her insight as to how terrible it could be. mind you as she was born in 1902 there was a perception that that was a woman's place in the world. She never tried to change our mind on the subject that my then-husband wanted to take her only child & grandchild away from the family nest. Both she & my dad died 5 years after we departed England for the pleasant blue of Australia.

Wow Triddy, you had it hard. I worked for about a year for a business that told of MANY similar stories. I am not upset at all that my father (never my dad) passed and the day my *^#* sister passes, I will celebrate, and I truly am a kindhearted person.
Lifes not the same for us all. I am glad it got better for you mate.
I did have a wonderful Dad and he was never aware of the abuse as I so worried he would leave.Thanks for nort berating me as it is not roses for everyone and you are blessed if you had a loving family.

Giving birth to me when she was only twenty. Then always standing by me throughout my life…we did have our ups and downs!!
Accepting of me having an affair with a married man, who I did marry and he was the apple of my mum’s eye!!

Reactions: Littleboy8