Mine was a boogie man in my cupboard or scared that someone was looking in my window at night.

I still have fears that I haven't got over and that is a fear of mice n rats
That’s why I never leave my curtains or blinds open.mice and rats don’t bother me but I wouldn’t have one as a pet.😁we had a plague of mice in tassie one year didn’t have to feed the stray cats for months.😹where was the pied piper when you needed him😁

• Haha
Reactions: Veggiepatch
That’s why I never leave my curtains or blinds open.mice and rats don’t bother me but I wouldn’t have one as a pet.😁
I remember when I was maybe 10 there was a peeping tom around Peakhurst and Riverwood . He was tall with short blonde hair and so many saw him . There was a thing to keep your windows and doors locked. I think that was the end of sleeping with windows open for us. I don't think he was ever caught

I remember when I was maybe 10 there was a peeping tom around Peakhurst and Riverwood . He was tall with short blonde hair and so many saw him . There was a thing to keep your windows and doors locked. I think that was the end of sleeping with windows open for us. I don't think he was ever caught
That’s creepy🙀

I got over it except sometimes I cant handle looking out my glass sliding back door or should I say not being able to see out and I quickly close my curtains
My sister gave me a sturdy stick to slot in the track so nobody can break in. And I have a big thick stick at my front door and by my bed. But I’m a light sleeper and my cat hears any little noise and growls like a dog.possums playing chasey on the roofs don’t help🙀

I still hate the dentist😁
Dentists don't worry me anymore. In my 20s, the dentist had to wake me up before an extraction. I fell asleep!
Last time at the dentist, I had 21 teeth extracted in one sitting. I had the choice of half now....half later. I said "rip them all out'. The dentist was gobsmacked. Just one problem. On the last tooth, the root snapped off in the gum and required an incision so it could be dug out. Even stitched up, it still bled for 48 hours plus. One good pillow gone. ☹️

Reactions: Littleboy8
What's a childhood fear that you conquered as an adult?

Hello, members! You may know by now that I'm a huge fan of everything horror, and while Halloween isn't something we would typically celebrate in Australia, I thought it would be fun to put our own wholesome, and, hopefully, rewarding twist to it. So today, I'd love for all of us to share a childhood fear that we conquered as adults. I'd be happy to share mine, but it's so bizarre, so please try not to laugh at me! :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 31449
Source: Unsplash

As a child, I had a severe fear of rain. Yes, of all things, rain... I did mention it was quite bizarre, right? :ROFLMAO: The sound of raindrops tapping on my school's windows at the time would send shivers down my spine, and the sight of dark, overcast skies filled me with anxiety.

As I got older, I realised that this may have stemmed from when an intense tropical cyclone led to classes getting suspended, and little Sethia thinking she was abandoned as she waited hours for her family to pick her up from school. So whenever the rain would come, I would feel scared that it was going to happen again. Of course, I've gotten over it eventually, and now find comfort in it. It's a nice reminder that we can overcome even the most irrational fears and emerge stronger, wiser, and more appreciative of the world around us!

Okay, it's YOUR turn to share. If you'd like to join in on the fun, please feel free to leave a comment down below!
As a child and indeed until I was in my late 20s I was terrified of the dark. Growing up in the 1950s in a small NSW coastal town we had no septic or sewer toilets. Our toilet was about 30ft up the back path and at night it would be pitch black outside. I used to whistle as loudly as I could to ward off the dark (and all the scary unknown/unseen things) and I’d run flat out to and from the toilet, terrified every time.
A “lavvy” man used to pick up our used toilet can every Monday morning and replace it with a clean one. There was an opening at the back of our toilet and he’d open it, reach in and grab the can (whether you were using it or not lol) and shove the replacement can in under the toilet seat. I can still smell the tar that those cans were painted with. My father used to cut up squares of newspaper into a thick wad, put a string through the corner and hang it on a nail and that was our toilet paper. He didn’t get a flush toilet till 1971.
My most vivid memories are from that time… being scared stiff.
I was pushing 30 before I overcame my morbid fear of the dark.

Wasn't me.... 😶‍🌫️

Dentists don't worry me anymore. In my 20s, the dentist had to wake me up before an extraction. I fell asleep!
Last time at the dentist, I had 21 teeth extracted in one sitting. I had the choice of half now....half later. I said "rip them all out'. The dentist was gobsmacked. Just one problem. On the last tooth, the root snapped off in the gum and required an incision so it could be dug out. Even stitched up, it still bled for 48 hours plus. One good pillow gone. ☹️
You should have been gassed I would have🙀I hate the sound of the drill🙀

I’m going to go chunder now😂

• Wow
I can't have laughing gas. It makes me so nauseous.
I knew a guy in tassie he had a tooth that stuck straight of his mouth.he couldn’t afford a dentist so he pulled it out with a pair of pliers. They breed them tough over there😹mind you he was drunk and stoned🙀

• Haha
I'm still wary of public toilets. When I was 14, I went surfing out at Cronulla Point on a cold rainy Tuesday in July. Had the urge to do a number two so off to the toot I went. Just about finished and a red felt pen wrapped in toilet paper came through the 2 inch hole from the next cubicle. A few years later, I learnt it was called a glory hole.
The pen and paper went back in and I looked into the hole and almost lost an eye due to a "penile projectile". No wiping the arse - I was out of there. Or I thought.
This completely naked black dude from the next cubicle tried to grab me but I got away. It took me over 15 years to tell anybody about it, possibly out of embarrassment.
And people wonder why I hate gays....

I'm still wary of public toilets. When I was 14, I went surfing out at Cronulla Point on a cold rainy Tuesday in July. Had the urge to do a number two so off to the toot I went. Just about finished and a red felt pen wrapped in toilet paper came through the 2 inch hole from the next cubicle. A few years later, I learnt it was called a glory hole.
The pen and paper went back in and I looked into the hole and almost lost an eye due to a "penile projectile". No wiping the arse - I was out of there. Or I thought.
This completely naked black dude from the next cubicle tried to grab me but I got away. It took me over 15 years to tell anybody about it, possibly out of embarrassment.
And people wonder why I hate gays....
That’s awful🙀I’d have been petrified too.😞

I was always afraid of the dark, but not any more. However, I have never liked to swim in the ocean, as you can't see what's down there. It became worse after I saw the movie Jaws.

As a child and indeed until I was in my late 20s I was terrified of the dark. Growing up in the 1950s in a small NSW coastal town we had no septic or sewer toilets. Our toilet was about 30ft up the back path and at night it would be pitch black outside. I used to whistle as loudly as I could to ward off the dark (and all the scary unknown/unseen things) and I’d run flat out to and from the toilet, terrified every time.
A “lavvy” man used to pick up our used toilet can every Monday morning and replace it with a clean one. There was an opening at the back of our toilet and he’d open it, reach in and grab the can (whether you were using it or not lol) and shove the replacement can in under the toilet seat. I can still smell the tar that those cans were painted with. My father used to cut up squares of newspaper into a thick wad, put a string through the corner and hang it on a nail and that was our toilet paper. He didn’t get a flush toilet till 1971.
My most vivid memories are from that time… being scared stiff.
I was pushing 30 before I overcame my morbid fear of the dark.
I remember a great aunt having one of those toilets and was the reason I hated visiting . I hated the smell.
Imagine having the job of replacing every week

I was always afraid of the dentist to the point of when the dentist saw my name on his roster for the day, HE would take a pill to calm him down! My parents always fought over who would take me for an appointment. One time, to try and keep me in the chair, the dentist virtually sat over me with one knee either side. I was able to get my knees up to my chest, put my feet against his chest, and sent him flying across the room! Very happy to say that these days I have an amazing dentist who is very understanding, and I have no more fear of the dentist.
i am afraid of the dentist , I have to have the laughing gas to settle me down before the needle! Costs an extra $100 but worth it, I even have it when I have my teeth cleaned , which is every 6 months, I get sweaty palms and feel sick as well , what a sook I am 69 years old . I have the best Dentist but still if i could have a pill to make me fall asleep I would !!!!!!!!!!