What was the most outrageous lie that you believed as a child?

Ooooh, we're due for another chat, dear members! For this week's get-to-know-each-other session, the question is... What was the most outrageous lie that you believed as a child?

View attachment 23621
Source: Pexels

This is quite embarrassing, but back when I was a kid, I would always grab condoms during trips to the pharmacy and ask my mom to buy them for me as they looked like lollies. She would then yank it away from my hands and explain that they were a type of lolly only adults could eat. Now that I'm an adult, I laugh every time she shares this story with my friends and relatives to embarrass me. I think it was a pretty outrageous lie, but certainly one that makes for a good story.

How about you? I'd love to hear your stories in the comments!
That my brother in law had a job bending bananas & taking the seeds out of grapes👏😅

Reactions: Jarred Santos
That swallowing watermelon seeds made you get a big stomach (pregnant), as babies we were found under a strawberry plant (grew up on a strawberry farm), eating crusts would give me curly hair (still have dead straight hair) and last but not least that if you asked God for something he would grant your prayer so for months I prayed for a baby brother as my mum was pregnant, I got my wish but nobody told me I should have asked for him to be born alive. Stopped believing the day my mum gave birth to my stillborn brother, I was 11 3/4yrs old.

What was the most outrageous lie that you believed as a child?

Ooooh, we're due for another chat, dear members! For this week's get-to-know-each-other session, the question is... What was the most outrageous lie that you believed as a child?

View attachment 23621
Source: Pexels

This is quite embarrassing, but back when I was a kid, I would always grab condoms during trips to the pharmacy and ask my mom to buy them for me as they looked like lollies. She would then yank it away from my hands and explain that they were a type of lolly only adults could eat. Now that I'm an adult, I laugh every time she shares this story with my friends and relatives to embarrass me. I think it was a pretty outrageous lie, but certainly one that makes for a good story.

How about you? I'd love to hear your stories in the comments!
When my first sister and I were little, our mum used to tell us that whenever we told a lie, god would put a black cross in the middle of our foreheads, and so that was how mum knew when we were lying. We both believed this for a while, and were quite scared. Until one day, when our mum had told us she could see a black cross on our foreheads, we decided to look in the mirror. And there was nothing there. Phew.

That if we didn’t behave ourselves the boogey man would come at night and take us away. No wonder we were all terrified of the dark. It is a wonder we ever slept. Also that the stork brought babies and left them under a bush in the garden.