What this young mum found at her local shopping centre had her on the verge of tears

Every now and then, we have those days where nothing seems to go right.

You know the kind – where you can’t find your keys, you’re stuck in traffic, you spill coffee on your shirt, you feel like you’re a lousy parent (or grandparent)… it just feels like the whole world is against you.

It’s in such times that even the smallest act of kindness can make a big difference – as one young mother recently found out.

Sam Fitzpatrick, 21, is a parent to a ten-week-old daughter.

Any parent would know that such an early period with a baby is filled with sleepless nights, so to say she hasn’t been feeling the best would be a fair assumption to make.

One day, she and her partner Ben were taking her daughter into a baby feeding room at a shopping centre in Adelaide.

She went through the usual motions of breastfeeding when she spotted a shopping list with something peeking out of it.

Upon looking closely, Sam found it was a note with $5 attached.

312643605_10167580612360604_6584130687953301078_n.jpg
An anonymous person left a note for mums to find in one Adelaide shopping centre. Credit: Facebook/ABC Adelaide

Curious, she reached for the note and found a message written.

‘It’s not lost,’ it began. ‘It is meant for you.’

‘Enjoy a coffee or a cold drink. Because Mumma, you deserve it.’

After reading the note, Sam was on the verge of tears. You see, she admitted that she was finding out that motherhood ‘wasn’t the easiest thing in the world’.

‘I felt incredibly lucky to come across something so kind,’ she said, marvelling at how simple acts can change someone’s day for the better.

Sam said the note made her feel like she wasn’t alone in the challenges of parenting and raising a child.

Anyone in her place could have taken the generosity up for themselves, but Sam decided against it.

She said: ‘Whoever this was, you are an angel… I’m going to leave this here for a mum who needs it more than I do.’

‘I love the kindness of strangers.’

Sam shared her story on social media, where many said they were touched by her lucky find.

‘I love this. We need more love and kindness,’ one user said.

‘I am going to start doing this randomly,’ another inspired user added.

Others shared their stories of being on the receiving end of random acts of kindness.

One user shared: ‘Someone left a Christmas note with $40 inside an envelope under my car wiper three years ago.’

‘I messaged a lady on Facebook Marketplace for some wool, (about) $100 worth, as I’m crocheting some beanies for the homeless,’ another said.

‘She gifted me all the wool. I was blown away, it was so lovely of her.’

pexels-photo-1629212.jpg
Notes are a great way to help out strangers in need. Credit: Pexels

Believe it or not, there was even one story from another mum who tagged a friend!

‘Remember at Burnside Nails? We went to share some pampering and “Anna” left us such a lovely note and sneakily paid for our pedicures,’ she wrote.

‘She will never know how much it meant to us. Thank you to “Anna” whomever you are.’

The world can be a bleak place sometimes, but stories like these offer such brilliant glimmers of hope!

This isn’t the first story of random acts of kindness we’ve featured, and we hope it wouldn’t be the last.

Key Takeaways

• A young mother was nearly brought to tears after finding a note and $5 wrapped inside it in a baby feeding room at a shopping centre.
  • The note revealed that the cash was left on a table for any mother to come across when they came in to feed their babies.
  • The young mother said that the random act of kindness made her realise she was never alone.
If you have time, check out how a concerned stranger helped another mum who lost money, or how a pilot went above and beyond serving in the skies — while off-duty.

What is your reaction to this heartwarming story? Do you have similar experiences with kind strangers offering a hand? Or maybe you even have your own tale of helping out people in need?

Share them with us in the comments section below!

Sponsored
Awww!!!
I'm sitting in the corridor of a large public hospital waiting for an appointment.
Woops, too many people passing by to have tears rolling down my cheeks.
Beautiful tribute to the donor and the first recipient who wants to pass it on.
Blessings to you all.
I hope your appointment goes well and that all is well for you. :)

I hope your appointment goes well and that all is well for you. :)
Thank you, Ricci.
I am still struggling after my hip replacement September last year.
Because my worn out hip was in such a mess (I'd been having bits of bone breaking off the hip socket for years), they had to be very brutal to get the damaged bone out. In the process, the pulled my pubic bone apart by 3cm. At my age, it doesn't heal well or very quickly. The ligaments have to mend to pull the bones back together.
I had some XRays, but the bones are still apart.
I've just seen the surgeon, and he said there's nothing he can do.
I just have to persist in being patient, pretending the pain is not there.
Your kind thoughts are very special to me, grateful thanks. 🌻💕

Thank you, Ricci.
Because my worn out hip was in such a mess (I'd been having bits of bone breaking off the hip socket for years), they had to be very brutal to get the damaged bone out. In the process, the pulled my pubic bone apart by 3cm. At my age, it doesn't heal well or very quickly. The ligaments have to mend to pull the bones back together.
Please feel free to message me if you feel the need, we can sit and have a cuppa and a chat, you can vent if you want and maybe I can help take your mind off the pain. :)

Please feel free to message me if you feel the need, we can sit and have a cuppa and a chat, you can vent if you want and maybe I can help take your mind off the pain. :)
You are so very kind and thoughtful, you have beautiful, special qualities.
I am so so thankful that I am not fighting for my life, I don't have a terminal illness.
The surgeon asked me just before how can I sit there smiling with all the pain.
That's what I told him....it's only pain!
It's not a death sentence. And I am grateful for that.
They've booked me in for some hydrotherapy, so I'm just waiting to register for that.
I'm filling in the form....I need 100 more pages to fit everything in!

Thank you, Ricci.
Comfrey ointment will help to grow new ligaments quickly. I've used it for 30 years. Google it to find out how good it is.

Every now and then, we have those days where nothing seems to go right.

You know the kind – where you can’t find your keys, you’re stuck in traffic, you spill coffee on your shirt, you feel like you’re a lousy parent (or grandparent)… it just feels like the whole world is against you.

It’s in such times that even the smallest act of kindness can make a big difference – as one young mother recently found out.

Sam Fitzpatrick, 21, is a parent to a ten-week-old daughter.

Any parent would know that such an early period with a baby is filled with sleepless nights, so to say she hasn’t been feeling the best would be a fair assumption to make.

One day, she and her partner Ben were taking her daughter into a baby feeding room at a shopping centre in Adelaide.

She went through the usual motions of breastfeeding when she spotted a shopping list with something peeking out of it.

Upon looking closely, Sam found it was a note with $5 attached.

View attachment 8887
An anonymous person left a note for mums to find in one Adelaide shopping centre. Credit: Facebook/ABC Adelaide

Curious, she reached for the note and found a message written.

‘It’s not lost,’ it began. ‘It is meant for you.’

‘Enjoy a coffee or a cold drink. Because Mumma, you deserve it.’

After reading the note, Sam was on the verge of tears. You see, she admitted that she was finding out that motherhood ‘wasn’t the easiest thing in the world’.

‘I felt incredibly lucky to come across something so kind,’ she said, marvelling at how simple acts can change someone’s day for the better.

Sam said the note made her feel like she wasn’t alone in the challenges of parenting and raising a child.

Anyone in her place could have taken the generosity up for themselves, but Sam decided against it.

She said: ‘Whoever this was, you are an angel… I’m going to leave this here for a mum who needs it more than I do.’

‘I love the kindness of strangers.’

Sam shared her story on social media, where many said they were touched by her lucky find.

‘I love this. We need more love and kindness,’ one user said.

‘I am going to start doing this randomly,’ another inspired user added.

Others shared their stories of being on the receiving end of random acts of kindness.

One user shared: ‘Someone left a Christmas note with $40 inside an envelope under my car wiper three years ago.’

‘I messaged a lady on Facebook Marketplace for some wool, (about) $100 worth, as I’m crocheting some beanies for the homeless,’ another said.

‘She gifted me all the wool. I was blown away, it was so lovely of her.’

View attachment 8888
Notes are a great way to help out strangers in need. Credit: Pexels

Believe it or not, there was even one story from another mum who tagged a friend!

‘Remember at Burnside Nails? We went to share some pampering and “Anna” left us such a lovely note and sneakily paid for our pedicures,’ she wrote.

‘She will never know how much it meant to us. Thank you to “Anna” whomever you are.’

The world can be a bleak place sometimes, but stories like these offer such brilliant glimmers of hope!

This isn’t the first story of random acts of kindness we’ve featured, and we hope it wouldn’t be the last.

Key Takeaways

• A young mother was nearly brought to tears after finding a note and $5 wrapped inside it in a baby feeding room at a shopping centre.
  • The note revealed that the cash was left on a table for any mother to come across when they came in to feed their babies.
  • The young mother said that the random act of kindness made her realise she was never alone.
If you have time, check out how a concerned stranger helped another mum who lost money, or how a pilot went above and beyond serving in the skies — while off-duty.

What is your reaction to this heartwarming story? Do you have similar experiences with kind strangers offering a hand? Or maybe you even have your own tale of helping out people in need?

Share them with us in the comments section below!
whoever wanted/needed the wool please respond

Reactions: Ricci