Pilot goes above and beyond his duty with this amazing act of kindness: 'Good people exist'

There's no denying that pilots are some of the most important people in the world. Not only do they have one of the most crucial roles when it comes to air travel, but they also need to be able to handle a lot of pressure and have nerves of steel.

But as well as being incredibly skilled at their jobs, it seems that many pilots are also big-hearted individuals who are always looking out for others.

Screen Shot 2022-10-21 at 8.57.24 AM.png
An off-duty pilot offered his seat to a young girl with a mobility aid. Credit: news.com.au (left), TikTok (right).

That was certainly the case for one Qantas pilot who, while off duty and travelling as a passenger on one of the airline's flights, did a very selfless act that has since gone viral on social media.

According to a traveller who was on the same flight, the unnamed pilot was sitting in business class when he noticed a young girl with a mobility aid making her way down the loading bridge towards the cabin entry.

Without hesitating, he got up from his seat and offered her his business-class seat so she would have more legroom. Even though she kindly declined, she said she was moved by his generosity.

'Good people exist,' the tourist wrote in the video on TikTok, and we have to agree!

Long flights can be quite daunting and uncomfortable for those with disabilities, so watching someone go out of their way to offer help is a truly wonderful and heartwarming sight.

This isn't the first time we've seen an act of kindness like this from a pilot – earlier this month, another story went viral of a pilot from the US who made an announcement over the loudspeaker congratulating a passenger who had just beaten breast cancer.

Pilot Bryan Quigley was working for Southwest Airlines when he made the announcement about passenger Jyrl Oldham, who was boarding the plane bound for Hawaii to celebrate beating breast cancer.

The passengers on board the Southwest Airlines flight applauded enthusiastically after the announcement, and the pilot later added that she had 'fought valiantly' during her medical treatment.

The video of Quigley's announcement quickly went viral after being posted online, receiving millions of views and touching hearts all over the world. Check out the Instagram post above to see the touching moment.
Key Takeaways

• An off-duty Qantas pilot went viral after offering his business class seat to a young girl with a mobility aid.
  • The pilot's act of kindness was praised by social media users.
  • Earlier this month, a US pilot went viral after making a heartwarming announcement congratulating a passenger who had just beaten breast cancer.

These are just two examples of how pilots have gone above and beyond to make a difference in the lives of others. We're sure there are plenty more out there!

We here at the SDC love hearing about heartwarming stories, and these acts of kindness from these pilots definitely touched our hearts. What about you, members? Do you have a story to share about a kind-hearted pilot (or any airline staff member) you've encountered? We'd love to hear from you in the comments below.

Sponsored
While these are good news stories you have to be aware of the recipients nature.

I would die a thousand deaths and wish the floor would open up and swallow me if someone made such an announcement about me. I can't deal with being in the spotlight and crave going through life being un-noticed and invisible, my aim is to not make a ripple in the fabric of life.

I hope the recipients of these stories were able to accept them in the manner in which they were offered.:)

The most brave thing I’ve seen a pilot do is resign from his job because of his views about the mandates. Captain Graham Hood has gone on to fight for the thousands of others who feel the same and is the voice for many. Much respect to him!

Reactions: Ricci
While these are good news stories you have to be aware of the recipients nature.

I would die a thousand deaths and wish the floor would open up and swallow me if someone made such an announcement about me. I can't deal with being in the spotlight and crave going through life being un-noticed and invisible, my aim is to not make a ripple in the fabric of life.

I hope the recipients of these stories were able to accept them in the manner in which they were offered.:)
I'm with you totally agree

Reactions: Ricci