SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
Vella Gonzaga

Vella Gonzaga

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 23, 2021
What is the most unforgettable story from your school days?

Hey members! 😊

How have you all been? I missed our get-to-know sessions. And with that, I’m here to give a life update.

I’ve been sleeping like a champion these past few weeks, and the dreams that come with it are pure magic. :love: Just last night, I was transported to the carefree days of my primary school, surrounded by classmates eagerly opening our lunch boxes filled with homemade treats and trading snacks with gleeful abandon. As I opened my lunch box surrounded by classmates, the giggles, the enticing aroma of homemade treats, and the thrill of swapping snacks flooded my senses, transporting me back to a cherished era of childhood wonder.

To be honest, that dream kept popping up in my dreams every now and then. Perhaps, it’s a core memory?

But enough about me—I want to hear YOUR incredible stories! What is the most unforgettable tale from your school days? Was it a hilarious mishap during a science experiment, an epic adventure on the playground, or a heartwarming moment of friendship? Let’s embark on this journey down memory lane together. ;)

compressed-pexels-gustavo-fring-5621916.jpeg
Credits: Pexels

Reactions: Pink lion and Ricci
I have so many.

In primary school I remember always comforting a boy named Stewert , he always got picked on by other boys and teachers , I remember he got the Cane and it was another boys fault, I spoke up and said he didn't do it , I think I was his protector as well as friend.

Then high school came and it was days of getting our names marked off then leaving school and catching a train to Cronulla beach.

Now a really naughty thing I did was throw a chair at a teacher , we had a typing teacher named Betty Philips and she was a witch who got enjoyment out of constantly hitting us with a ruler. A whole lot of us went to our year advisor and deputy principal but nothing happened.

In typing class you needed to wear something like a bib that went over your neck then over the typewriter so you couldn't see the keys.
Betty could see exactly where your fingers were and it was painful using your pinky on the shift key. When she saw that you used the wrong finger then she attacked you with a ruler.
After enduring this for over 6 months I broke and got up and asked why she thought she needed to inflict pain on us , I can't remember her response but I know I threw a chair at her , missed her by a mile as I wasn't aiming at her but I was expelled from Kingsgove North and Dulwich Hill High excepted me and that was an amazing school with great teachers

I met my lifelong best friend on the first day of High School. We had moved house during the holidays and I didn't know a soul at my new school, all of the others had come on mass from the local Primary.
Rosie and I were inseparable throughout the school years and it was a rare sight to see just one of us. The teachers dubbed us the "terrible twins" as we often got into mischief but I remember lots of laughter, even the teachers couldn't help but smile at our antics.
I haven't seen her for a few years now as she moved to Spain but I know that when we do meet up next it will be like we last saw each other last week. :)

I met my lifelong best friend on the first day of High School. We had moved house during the holidays and I didn't know a soul at my new school, all of the others had come on mass from the local Primary.
Rosie and I were inseparable throughout the school years and it was a rare sight to see just one of us. The teachers dubbed us the "terrible twins" as we often got into mischief but I remember lots of laughter, even the teachers couldn't help but smile at our antics.
I haven't seen her for a few years now as she moved to Spain but I know that when we do meet up next it will be like we last saw each other last week. :)
Do you Video call each other ? Life long friends are precious and rare

Well, the main thing I remember is the one thing that triggered my PTSD. it happened during my first year at primary school in the country 15 miles to the north of London. We were luckily well versed in listening for air-raid sirens & where to go if we heard one so fairly early in the day that the siren went off so we all like little sheep filed out to the concrete shelters. As we were soon settled only to hear a German plane that sounded very sick fly over the school & start to machine gun the building we had just left, after what seemed like hours but in reality was only a few minutes the plane continued on its journey only to crash in a nearby park. When we emerged from our trusty shelter it was to find the school a mess with bullet holes in the door & many windows broken resulting in much of the work on display on the walls being ruined. I think this was what upset me most as some of my work was now a mess of bullet holes. I had always been a highly strung child as Mum used to say & this hit me really hard. The pilot of the plane was arrested & when asked why he shot up a school was supposed to have said that he wanted to be put in prison in England as it was deemed better than living in Germany at that time & 'he would be treated better than in Germany. So apart from my amazing spinster teachers, this is my recollection of my early school days

I went to a hypnotist show and thought "I could do that" so next day at school I tried. I put two schoolmates into a trance and told them they would only answer to each other's name, not their own. Of course at the very next lesson after lunch, the teacher asked Sue (now thinking she was Janice) a question and Sue just looked blank while Janice spoke up. It didn't take the teacher long to figure out something was up and for the next few days I kept a very low profile indeed!

My friend Susan Spearman and I were sharing a cooker in Cookery class in England. We had turned on the oven to heat up while mixing our cakes. When it was time to put our cake tins in the oven we found the oven still cold. While both looking into the oven wondering why I noticed a red button with press on it and pressed it, needless to say I lost an awful lot of my shoulder length hair all my eyelashes and my eyebrows in the resulting gas flash. (Yes it was a gas oven and we both had electric ovens at home) I came off worse but was very lucky that hair was all that was lost, it grew back.

My most embarrassing and memorable event at school was in Year 8 my best friend and I decided to get a group together and perform at the talent quest. We chose the Monster Mash and I was Igor on chains. We went to every rehearsal and I had a crush on a year 11 boy who was doing a solo. Well my best friend new and so on the night of the Talent Quest when I looke my most hideous she decided to approach him when he finished his number and tell him and point me out. I was mortified beyond belief. It I survived and to this day she is my best friend.

End of year at school. Part of our school was sited very close to the Yarra river, in fact it was two floors above and the second last day of school a few of us went to the school lab and stole somewhere Sodium then snuck out to the closest room to the river and emptied the Sodium into the river. The blast shook the building and boy we were in trouble. Also early that morning we chained the entry gates to delay entry except one of the staff found out and with bolt cutters cut the chain.

What is the most unforgettable story from your school days?

Hey members! 😊

How have you all been? I missed our get-to-know sessions. And with that, I’m here to give a life update.

I’ve been sleeping like a champion these past few weeks, and the dreams that come with it are pure magic. :love: Just last night, I was transported to the carefree days of my primary school, surrounded by classmates eagerly opening our lunch boxes filled with homemade treats and trading snacks with gleeful abandon. As I opened my lunch box surrounded by classmates, the giggles, the enticing aroma of homemade treats, and the thrill of swapping snacks flooded my senses, transporting me back to a cherished era of childhood wonder.

To be honest, that dream kept popping up in my dreams every now and then. Perhaps, it’s a core memory?

But enough about me—I want to hear YOUR incredible stories! What is the most unforgettable tale from your school days? Was it a hilarious mishap during a science experiment, an epic adventure on the playground, or a heartwarming moment of friendship? Let’s embark on this journey down memory lane together. ;)

View attachment 22395
Credits: Pexels

When I was in high school I burned the bad mark chart. My best friend (now deceased) took the blame for me as I was already in enough trouble - may she rest in peace.

Well, the main thing I remember is the one thing that triggered my PTSD. it happened during my first year at primary school in the country 15 miles to the north of London. We were luckily well versed in listening for air-raid sirens & where to go if we heard one so fairly early in the day that the siren went off so we all like little sheep filed out to the concrete shelters. As we were soon settled only to hear a German plane that sounded very sick fly over the school & start to machine gun the building we had just left, after what seemed like hours but in reality was only a few minutes the plane continued on its journey only to crash in a nearby park. When we emerged from our trusty shelter it was to find the school a mess with bullet holes in the door & many windows broken resulting in much of the work on display on the walls being ruined. I think this was what upset me most as some of my work was now a mess of bullet holes. I had always been a highly strung child as Mum used to say & this hit me really hard. The pilot of the plane was arrested & when asked why he shot up a school was supposed to have said that he wanted to be put in prison in England as it was deemed better than living in Germany at that time & 'he would be treated better than in Germany. So apart from my amazing spinster teachers, this is my recollection of my early school days
Hopefully, it's all better now @Nana Zorak 🙏

It's beyond me why shooting up a school full of innocent children was his idea of getting caught...why not crash the plane in some field! It's all in the past, anyway, but he sure was an odd fellow if you ask me.

I have so many.

In primary school I remember always comforting a boy named Stewert , he always got picked on by other boys and teachers , I remember he got the Cane and it was another boys fault, I spoke up and said he didn't do it , I think I was his protector as well as friend.

Then high school came and it was days of getting our names marked off then leaving school and catching a train to Cronulla beach.

Now a really naughty thing I did was throw a chair at a teacher , we had a typing teacher named Betty Philips and she was a witch who got enjoyment out of constantly hitting us with a ruler. A whole lot of us went to our year advisor and deputy principal but nothing happened.

In typing class you needed to wear something like a bib that went over your neck then over the typewriter so you couldn't see the keys.
Betty could see exactly where your fingers were and it was painful using your pinky on the shift key. When she saw that you used the wrong finger then she attacked you with a ruler.
After enduring this for over 6 months I broke and got up and asked why she thought she needed to inflict pain on us , I can't remember her response but I know I threw a chair at her , missed her by a mile as I wasn't aiming at her but I was expelled from Kingsgove North and Dulwich Hill High excepted me and that was an amazing school with great teachers
Anyone can only take so much of treatment like that @Suzanne rose! Hopefully you were the student that made her reconsider her methods...

My life has been one continuous adventure. Not much about it has been NORMAL. IE "Dumb as a plank" was the often-heard phrase from maffs teechas ha ha. Yes I was classed as an A.D.D child (an Auto Didactic developer best suited to Arts Dance and Drama it works out) I was made to wear a white cone hat with a big D on it in in grade six and 7 and often was made to sit in the corner which I took as an opportunity to clown around which resulted in canings.

I won all six categories of a seven schools' clay art competition and evidently, they showed my creations on a Western Australian show hosted by Scott proper john. I didn't see it but was shown the letter after it had been aired as mums favorite show was on at that time and she didn't want to miss it ha ha ha.'

In later primary years I had a girlfriend whose mother always made her plain or curried egg sandwiches which she hated. As I had to make my own lunch (no fresh baked goodies for me) she would tell me what she wanted, jam, peanut paste or vegimite & we would swap. To this day I still love egg sandwiches.

My life has been one continuous adventure. Not much about it has been NORMAL. IE "Dumb as a plank" was the often-heard phrase from maffs teechas ha ha. Yes I was classed as an A.D.D child (an Auto Didactic developer best suited to Arts Dance and Drama it works out) I was made to wear a white cone hat with a big D on it in in grade six and 7 and often was made to sit in the corner which I took as an opportunity to clown around which resulted in canings.

I won all six categories of a seven schools' clay art competition and evidently, they showed my creations on a Western Australian show hosted by Scott proper john. I didn't see it but was shown the letter after it had been aired as mums favorite show was on at that time and she didn't want to miss it ha ha ha.'
Mum must have been so proud then! :D

• Haha
Reactions: Pink lion and Ricci