SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
Sethia Soliman

Sethia Soliman

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2022
What is the most profound exchange you’ve ever had with a stranger?

For this week's get-to-know-each-other session, we're spicing things up a bit. We want YOU to do the story-telling this time, and we would love to hear about the most moving encounter you've ever had with a stranger.

Screenshot 2023-03-23 at 7.55.20 AM.png
Source: Pexels

I think there's something truly special in moments when strangers go out of their way to help someone. I fully believe that there's plenty of good in the world and am hoping that this thread proves that! So, if you have a story to share with us, don't be afraid to join in on the fun and leave a comment down below!

Reactions: Ricci
In the 60’s I was arrested at a Ban the Bomb rally in London and put into a police cell in which there was a famous occupant; Bertrand Russell the philosopher.

At the time I was studying mathematics and I knew that Earl Russell was a mathematician so the time spent there (about 5 hours) was well spent.

He helped me to come to grips with several mathematical imponderables that were driving me mad.

1679544326101.png

I remember going to work one Saturday morning I worked in the Dymocks building George St Sydney and went to have breakfast before work with my daughter , when my daughter came up to me and said there was a man begging for a scrap of bacon and the lady was shooing him away.

I went to him and told him to sit down and I will get him food.

I went and got him McDonald's a large
meal and coffee.

This man was so grateful , he asked if I could sit and talk to him , unfortunately I had to get to work.
He never asked for money , he just kept saying thank you and God Bless

On my way to work one Saturday morning , I was on the train sitting downstairs in the first seat. It was 8am and the carriage was packed.

A young man got on and sat on the steps , yelling out how he was going to end his life and how his girl friend left him and took their child. He kept saying that when he got of the train no one would see him again , he was yelling out other stuff and then I noticed everyone got up and moved to another part of the train , he yelled out , go on go .

I started to talk to him and told him he was worth it and how sad it would be to end his life.
He came and sat next to me and we talked for 20 minutes in which I had to get of the train as I had already passed my station. I had calmed him down...he had said thank you for listening and I gave him my son inlaws number to call , my son inlaw is a youth pastor.
He promised me he would sober up and seek help so he could show his girlfriend he was worthy to be with them.
He never called my son inlaw and I even wonder today how he is and did he get his life on track.
When I got off at Town hall Station alot of people said to me, well done for talking to him , others said they couldn't have done what I did.....I was shocked I didn't want others to thank me I just want people to show compassion I didn't do anything other than trying to comfort someone who was in need

For this week's get-to-know-each-other session, we're spicing things up a bit. We want YOU to do the story-telling this time, and we would love to hear about the most moving encounter you've ever had with a stranger.

View attachment 16127

I think there's something truly special in moments when strangers go out of their way to help someone. I fully believe that there's plenty of good in the world and am hoping that this thread proves that! So, if you have a story to share with us, don't be afraid to join in on the fun and leave a comment down below!
I was waiting while my adult daughter had her hair cut, when a bedraggled looking woman came up to me and said hello. She looked at me for a few seconds and said,"You are going to live a long time." As my husband had recently passed and I have several ailments, I really don't want to live all that long so I asked, "Why is that?" She replied, " You are a wise woman and you have so much wisdom to leave to others. You must fulfill your destiny." Then she said, "Can I have a hug?" Hugged me tightly and went off out of the shopping complex. I have never seen her before or since. Weird.

View attachment 16127

I was suffering post natal depression and my husband couldn't understand how terrible I felt. I could only just cope with breastfeeding and was afraid, I asked my husband what would happen if my milk dried up, he replied than my baby would die. A knock on the door revealed a handsome stranger, he was sent by my brother who was a fellow police detective in another country, this stranger was on holidays and was doing a favour by looking me up and making sure I was ok. His name was Peter and he could tell I wasn't going to well. He gave me the biggest hug and told me how beautiful I was, not like my ugly brother, which made me laugh. He stayed and chatted with me and assured me things would get better, his visit was a turning point and I realised I would get better and I did

Back in Adeliade South Australian Sunday 23rd July 2000, I was in the front passenger seat of a friends car. Bruce Donaldson was driving and his wife Cynthia was sat in the back seat, behind me. They were taking me to my full immersion Christian Baptism for 7:30pm.

We were lost on the side of the road, in the hills of Norlunga, South of the Adelaide City. Experiencing a howling winters night, with teaming horizontal rain, buffeting the car on the hill side. From a spot light in the car, I was reading the street directory, (no GPS back then)

In the pitch black of a stormy night, another car pulled up behind us and stopped, Then the car moved and pulled up along side us and stopped, then the car moved again in front of us and pulled up and stopped. As a guy got out of the drivers side of the car in front of us, the howling wind and horizontal rain stopped!

Bruce wound the drivers side window down, as this guy approached his side of the car The guy said to Bruce "are you Phil Reynolds?" Bruce pointed to me in the front passenger seat and said "I am not, but he is, why?" The Guy then said "I am Colin McMellon The Lord God told me I would find you here, you are lost! Follow me to were Phil's Baptism is going to be held." I had never met this guy, only having had two previous phone calls, with him about the Ausie Flag.

We followed Colin to the house were my baptism was being held, over winding roads and road changes, another 5 kilometer away on the coast. I was a total Agnostic prior to this date, but the Lord God had other ideas. Its as if he was looking down from Heaven, pointed his finger at me and said "Phil Reynolds I have a little job for you to do my son!"

Long story short, in 1997 I came up with a design of a Flag that incorporate the Australian National Flag the Aboriginal and Torres Strait flags into one design. See the attached picture of my design that I registered with the Australian Patent & Design Office.

Once this was done, all manner of Christian information came into my possession and my realisation, which was going back to Genesis in The Holy Bible. People say "That is just coincidences?" In hind sight I say "No they are all God instances!" I was so convicted from all this information coming into my possession, this was the reason I wanted the Full Immersion Baptism!

Collin McMellon became a good friend after this, sharing many Christian Spiritual experiences since. I moved back to Perth and now give lectures to Church and home groups. How I became a Christian from studying the Australian National Flag of all things! I am now writing the book about it.

May the Lord God, Jesus the Christ and the Holy Spirit, Bless you and yours with Health! Wealth! & Happiness! Amen!

Attachments

• Flag of Reconcilliation.jpg
    Flag of Reconcilliation.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Reactions: Suzanne rose
I was waiting while my adult daughter had her hair cut, when a bedraggled looking woman came up to me and said hello. She looked at me for a few seconds and said,"You are going to live a long time." As my husband had recently passed and I have several ailments, I really don't want to live all that long so I asked, "Why is that?" She replied, " You are a wise woman and you have so much wisdom to leave to others. You must fulfill your destiny." Then she said, "Can I have a hug?" Hugged me tightly and went off out of the shopping complex. I have never seen her before or since. Weird.
She may have been a gypsy

In October 2017 my husband of 50 years passed away and I was wanting to pay out our credit card because he was the main card holder. After talking with a very rude man at the bank, I was in tears, and out of the blue a lady handed me a slip of paper with RUOK and her first name and phone number written on it. I appreciated it and did phone and advised her that I was ok and that I was very lucky to have very close family for support.

Back in Adeliade South Australian Sunday 23rd July 2000, I was in the front passenger seat of a friends car. Bruce Donaldson was driving and his wife Cynthia was sat in the back seat, behind me. They were taking me to my full immersion Christian Baptism for 7:30pm.

We were lost on the side of the road, in the hills of Norlunga, South of the Adelaide City. Experiencing a howling winters night, with teaming horizontal rain, buffeting the car on the hill side. From a spot light in the car, I was reading the street directory, (no GPS back then)

In the pitch black of a stormy night, another car pulled up behind us and stopped, Then the car moved and pulled up along side us and stopped, then the car moved again in front of us and pulled up and stopped. As a guy got out of the drivers side of the car in front of us, the howling wind and horizontal rain stopped!

Bruce wound the drivers side window down, as this guy approached his side of the car The guy said to Bruce "are you Phil Reynolds?" Bruce pointed to me in the front passenger seat and said "I am not, but he is, why?" The Guy then said "I am Colin McMellon The Lord God told me I would find you here, you are lost! Follow me to were Phil's Baptism is going to be held." I had never met this guy, only having had two previous phone calls, with him about the Ausie Flag.

We followed Colin to the house were my baptism was being held, over winding roads and road changes, another 5 kilometer away on the coast. I was a total Agnostic prior to this date, but the Lord God had other ideas. Its as if he was looking down from Heaven, pointed his finger at me and said "Phil Reynolds I have a little job for you to do my son!"

Long story short, in 1997 I came up with a design of a Flag that incorporate the Australian National Flag the Aboriginal and Torres Strait flags into one design. See the attached picture of my design that I registered with the Australian Patent & Design Office.

Once this was done, all manner of Christian information came into my possession and my realisation, which was going back to Genesis in The Holy Bible. People say "That is just coincidences?" In hind sight I say "No they are all God instances!" I was so convicted from all this information coming into my possession, this was the reason I wanted the Full Immersion Baptism!

Collin McMellon became a good friend after this, sharing many Christian Spiritual experiences since. I moved back to Perth and now give lectures to Church and home groups. How I became a Christian from studying the Australian National Flag of all things! I am now writing the book about it.

May the Lord God, Jesus the Christ and the Holy Spirit, Bless you and yours with Health! Wealth! & Happiness! Amen!
Wow what a testimony. God works in mysterious ways . I too have plenty of my own testimonys.

I was suffering post natal depression and my husband couldn't understand how terrible I felt. I could only just cope with breastfeeding and was afraid, I asked my husband what would happen if my milk dried up, he replied than my baby would die. A knock on the door revealed a handsome stranger, he was sent by my brother who was a fellow police detective in another country, this stranger was on holidays and was doing a favour by looking me up and making sure I was ok. His name was Peter and he could tell I wasn't going to well. He gave me the biggest hug and told me how beautiful I was, not like my ugly brother, which made me laugh. He stayed and chatted with me and assured me things would get better, his visit was a turning point and I realised I would get better and I did
It was like he was your guardian angel. That was such a horrible comment made by your husband. Can I ask you , are you still with your husband ? Was that a normal response from him.