SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
Vella Gonzaga

Vella Gonzaga

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 23, 2021
What is the best Valentine's Day present you've ever given or received?

Hey members! šŸ’—

Valentine's Day is just around the corner, and I'm sure many of you are already thinking of ways to surprise your loved ones and make this day special. For me, it's not the present itself but the thought and effort behind it that really counts. But sometimes, it's just nice to have a little something to show you care. Donā€™t you think? ;)

I'm in the same boat, trying to come up with the perfect gift for my partner. That's why I thought it would be great if you could share some of your experiences and the best Valentine's Day presents you've ever given or received.

You can also share your love stories, the special moments you shared with your partner, and how you celebrated Valentine's Day in the past. Reading your stories will be a great way to get into the Valentine's Day spirit.

Who knows, maybe one of your suggestions or stories will inspire me (and others) to come up with the perfect gift for this year's Valentine's Day. So, I invite you all to share your stories and spread the spirit of love!

I can't wait to read your stories and get some inspiration! :)

Optimized-love.jpeg
Credits: Unsplash

A vanilla slice in the fridge when I got home from work (we donā€™t make a fuss over Valentines Day) Honestly it was like he had read my mind. Best tasting vanilla slice Iā€™ve ever eaten

The best gift is not material. Making a personal effort is key. If the recipient of your love is disappointed. Red flag, walk away. It's only marketing bullshit, akin with selling Hot Cross buns on Boxing Day. (Can you imagine the price flowers on Tuesday????)

My much-wanted daughter actually arrived on Feb 15th due to tests & the excitement of expecting at 40. Mind you by the time she was 15 & me 55 she had become rather a trial. So maybe not the best gift after all as she has got worse rather than better. Mind you I love her to bits just a little disappointed at times.

Reactions: Baz1960
As at that time my marriage was on the rocks so it didn't make it easy for either of us. get rid of any who seem to put pressure on you to conform to their needs & expectations it leads to domestic violence.

My husband and I always had a nice dinner, until our son was born on Valentine's Day. Now we celebrate his birthday. Besides there is nothing my husband could do that compares to giving birth! Valentine's Day may be commercial, but we sometimes need a reminder to be a bit romantic. āš˜ļø

Nothing. Ever. Married 30 years, waste off money according to ex husband.
Traded me in for older model.

The best gift is not material. Making a personal effort is key. If the recipient of your love is disappointed. Red flag, walk away. It's only marketing bullshit, akin with selling Hot Cross buns on Boxing Day. (Can you imagine the price flowers on Tuesday????)
Double the price

We have never ever celebrated Valentines day. We both felt it was a day for florist and shops to make money.

Its also a day for someone to be sad because their partner forgot to buy flowers ect

Sad say for those who don't have anyone to share it with when others around them do.
My son inlaw told everyone the first Valentines day he was with my daughter that he now had his own Valentine šŸ’

For me and my hubby it's all the days of the year that we need to make special. Flowers that he plants and say he is planting them for me

Forty years ago, and I remember it like it was yesterday....
I had a white toothbrush gold-leafed with the name of the young lady of my dreams, and after I had presented her with a fine meal that I'd cooked from scratch and we'd dried up an entire bottle of Asti Riccadonna (that was pretty-bigtime in 1983 Brisbane!) I presented that toothbrush to her in a wrapped box inside a card inscribed "Why don't you stay for Breakfast?"
It worked!

Sorry to put a damper on things. I have absolutely no interest in Valentine's day, or any other American celebration or tradition.
The best Valentine gift I could wish for is for it not to be promoted in Oz.
For hubby and I (48 years married), every day together is a gift.