SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
Vella Gonzaga

Vella Gonzaga

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 23, 2021
What does your day look like today?

Happy Thursday, everyone! :) Can you believe we're just one step closer to the weekend? It's that time of the week when anticipation starts to build up, and the promise of relaxation and leisure dances on the horizon.

But for our retired members, every day is like a weekend, right? Retirement brings a new kind of daily routine that allows us to relish life's simple pleasures. So, I wonder, what does your day look like today? Do you savour a few extra hours of sleep or embrace the early morning? Are there special chores or hobbies that bring you delight, or do you simply bask in relaxation and leisure? Share your thoughts, and let’s celebrate the little things that bring you joy each day in our lively forum.

compressed-pexels-mart-production-7330165.jpeg
Credits: Pexels

Reactions: Ricci
Yes I'm a retired every day is the same now as my legs and feet is not really good so I don't get around that much anymore have been a lot of places though and my husband has had a larengetamy and he doesn't want to go anywhere but I still enjoy life with what I can do

I love the early morning, when I sit by my window with a cup of coffee looking out onto our back garden watching the birds on our verandah. Great start to every day. Most mornings our young grandson comes to us for breakfast before we take him to school. I love that 15 minutes with him in the car, when we talk about anything and everything. Since retiring some years ago we’ve deliberately structured our lives so that we’re neither doing too much nor too little. Monday I take our grandson swimming and then we have all our family, and sometimes an extra or two, coming to ours for dinner. Tuesday is our date day, Wednesday and Saturday my husband plays golf, so I enjoy those days doing whatever I please, Thursday is housework or home projects day, Friday and Sunday are flexible, but we often meet up with friends or extended family. Life is good.

Last edited:

Happy Thursday, everyone! :) Can you believe we're just one step closer to the weekend? It's that time of the week when anticipation starts to build up, and the promise of relaxation and leisure dances on the horizon.

But for our retired members, every day is like a weekend, right? Retirement brings a new kind of daily routine that allows us to relish life's simple pleasures. So, I wonder, what does your day look like today? Do you savour a few extra hours of sleep or embrace the early morning? Are there special chores or hobbies that bring you delight, or do you simply bask in relaxation and leisure? Share your thoughts, and let’s celebrate the little things that bring you joy each day in our lively forum.

View attachment 19477

I love the early morning, when I sit by my window with a cup of coffee looking out onto our back garden watching the birds on our verandah. Great start to every day. Most mornings our young grandson comes to us for breakfast before we take him to school. I love that 15 minutes with him in the car, when we talk about anything and everything. Since retiring some years ago we’ve deliberately structured our lives so that we’re neither doing too much nor too little. Monday I take our grandson swimming and then we have all our family, and sometimes an extra or two, coming to ours for dinner. Tuesday is our date day, Wednesday and Saturday my husband plays golf, so I enjoy those days doing whatever I please, Thursday is housework or home projects day, Friday and Sunday are flexible, but we often meet up with friends or extended family. Life is good.
Out sailing. Stunning day.

Reactions: Jarred Santos
I am retired but I get up at 7 am after 8hrs sleep. I then enjoy my coffee and breakfast after which I get into my workshop and make stuff out of wood. I actually still have clients that asks me to make specific furniture etc that cannot be bought. I just can't sit still and do nothing.
Richard

I worked from 16 to 69 so now believe it is the time to take each day as it comes. I am still in the habit of doing my washing and some house work on a Saturday. I spread out the vacuuming and washing floors during the week as my back doesn't cope with too much. I then make candles occasionally and do diamond art most days. I try to get up early but seeing as I read to about 2am, if I do, I need a nanny nap LOL. But what does that matter apart from my husband not getting dinner LOL

Out sailing. Stunning day.
After nearly 40 yes of getting up at 4 30 am we now sleep to about 6 30 to 7 my hubby is not well so the home is up to me.we live in a 3 brm townhouse and l have divided the home into zones l have Sunday off and the place looks great l also walk for 20 miss each day love your newsletter so thanks and keep up the great work

Up at 6 am to drive a client to medical appointment as a volunteer driver.. 1/12 hours to get to clients house and another hour to get to appointments.. then back home afternoon..

I got up early and did just over half an hour cardio and 22 roll ups , keeps my not so young body in reasonable shape . After breakfast I got into the backyard and finished off painting the wooden bench which my husband made out of pallets , just in time before it will rain . Clouds are coming in right now . Looked in the front yard and we have a couple of beautiful hibiscus flowering, one lavender colour and the other is a double , very pretty.
Enjoy my latte right now . Just beautiful.
Grocery shopping this arvo and will do some of my x-stitching as well .
It is getting a lot cooler now with gusty winds, so it is time to make a good pea and ham soup with lots of vegetables in it. (y) :D

Most mornings I try to walk for about an hour. Today is one of my laundry days and it is sheets and towels this morning. I am a carer for my husband who suffers from depression, anxiety and agoraphobia. Unfortunately that means going out as a couple is extremely rare and only for medical appointments. I love reading and puzzles so a lot of my spare time is spent doing that. I go to church on Sundays and go out with my daughter on occasion. Once a month I go to a Scrabble group for the social aspect and even bought the game so my grandchildren can come over and play.

My husband was at the pool this morning,as he does five days a week. Then home for breakfast and then we both headed off to our strength class which we do Tuesdays and Thursdays. He usually plays golf two or three times a week and when he’s golfing I usually have an hour at the Gym and do some house work. Thursdays we go out for lunch so today is such a beautiful day we are taking our dog Clancy with us and going for a walk near the beach then we will find a cafe to sit outside with him.

Although retired, I seem at times to busier then when I worked, I feel I am always out and about dropping off my daughters where they need to go, going to appointments, going to a craft afternoon or going out for lunch although they both seem far and few between. I don't get to sleep in often either and there is always housework and shopping to do. The only thing I don't generally do is cooking as my husband likes to do that. However having said that, I do love being retired because I can also say nope stop the world I want to get off and a day for me even if it's doing nothing.

Also love the freedom of retirement, and the comfort, peace, and security of my home and area, in a good suburb of a great city, as well as friendly, helpful neighbors. Unfortunately, arthritis has caught up with me, restricting me to the house, but I keep myself informed and connected with family, friends, and the news by the magic of modern electronics. My semi-luxury V8 black saloon car now rests unused in my downstairs lock-up garage.

View attachment 19477

Since retiring when I was 74 I then got a job being a "Lollipop" worker at the local schools and volunteering for a local charity. which was awesome meeting the parents and the young children whom were very well behaved. This was a great "job" as it helped fill the day as 2 days a week my wife was also volunteering at the local hospital and another very worthwhile organisation. Our days were also enriched by seeing our grandchildren and hearing of their fantastic days and achievements at school and baby sitting our sons dog. I also really enjoyed watching the early Sun hitting the tall city buildings and. watching the ferries battle the crossing of the heads when a large swell was running. Retirement was fun but we are very unhappy when we see how badly the government is treating the elderly whose lives are a living hell yet the same government is rewarding single parents with increased subsidies, the unemployed who would rather sit on the park benches knowing that the Government will provide and where relatives are allowed to reside in public housing after their parents have passed on and their children are allowed to stay in the public housing at very low rentals yet have the latest model cars, motor bikes and boats are parked in the driveways keeping needy citizens on the streets.

We are retired and are full time Grey Nomads . Every day is different and exciting . Today is extra special as we have just arrived in Noosa to visit our youngest daughter and family after 24 days on the road Traveling from Perth and it has been 4 years since we last had a family hug Can life get any better

I use Telstra and your daily email is going into my Junk file despite my saying it is not junk. I have emailed Telstra as you suggested too.
Hello @Leonard Hall, thank you so much for this and for taking that extra step.

We hope this helps, but the latest newsletter is always at the topmost part of the home page forum listing here: https://seniorsdiscountclub.com.au/

You can also find a whole section dedicated to newsletter recaps here: https://seniorsdiscountclub.com.au/threads/daily-newsletter-11-05-2023.22953/

We're extremely appreciative of you and everyone else bearing with us at this time for your continued support 🙏

I, too, am retired from last October. I am in a men's shed and today and tomorrow are helping out at our Bunnings and putting together two new gazebos for them, and the rest of the gang are putting together barbecues. I also do woodwork at home, even though I am a mechanical fitter and turner but love to work n wood. At the moment I am making a wooden bench with 3 power tools mounted underneath the table, being a power saw, a router and a jigsaw. I have also made a trolley on wheels attached to the table to cut timber on the saw. When not using the power tools, they slip back under the table. I saw on YouTube a carpenter that makes all his tools and machinery out of wood and I thought I would try that, even though there are no plans but just watch the video of them and try to make them my way. The rest of the time I am on the PC and go late to bed and wake up early. Normally Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursday are at my local men's shed, with a game of 9 holes of golf on Tuesdays thrown in, so in all I am just as busy as when I worked. Good to hear what others are doing.