SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
Jarred Santos

Jarred Santos

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 10, 2022
What do you have planned for Easter Sunday, and what are your family's Easter traditions?

It's a couple of days before Easter, and I’ve heard many people making plans for the long weekend, ranging from visiting family to even going camping.

On our end, nothing’s final yet, as we’re still figuring some things out. That being said, I’m so excited to know what you’re doing next week. What do you have planned for Easter Sunday?

photo-1628891892235-5d834f9c64c1.jpg
The long weekend is a fantastic time for some classic chinwagging! Image Credit: Unsplash

We'd be delighted to know whether it’s something meticulously organised or just an easy weekend of rest and relaxation at home.

On that note, why not throw in traditions your family does on Easter for an added kick of fun?

It’s simply touching to know of the special things families do during the holidays, and we’re all ears (or eyes?) to see what you have in store for the holidays.

Reactions: petambrady
Easter was made to thank Jesus for dying on the cross for you. So that you can enjoy your life on earth as you know it. He took your sin and took all mankind's punishment upon himself. I'm so sick of people making it Easter about the bunny rabbit, that's the devils doing , so all focus is away from Jesus. We celebrate with family and have lots of fun baking and cooking.

I have a sister who lives in Ocean Grove, Vic with her hubby so we all go to a winery on Easter Sunday for lunch. It’s a lovely opportunity to catch up with the family and share the day with our children & grandchildren. A very special time of the year. 😀🐇

I'm a Christian of no denomination.

I don't celebrate Easter or Xmas as both of these are Pagan traditions which are actually against Gods teachings.

Please tell me what the Easter bunny or Easter eggs have to do with Jesus ?

If you researched what Easter means you will be shocked

I don't say people can't celebrate Easter just don't say it is to celebrate the the death of Jesus and his Resurrection

I celebrate and give thanks every day for his birth and his Resurrection.

His crucifixion never happened this time of year although his birth was around April or May......how do we know this it's because of the weather his birth was not in winter which in Bethlehem the 25th Dec is in winter . The bible describes a spring night .

As I said it's ok for people to celebrate just don't say it's for Jesus

Despite its significance as a Christian holy day, many of the traditions and symbols that play a key role in Easter observances actually have roots in pagan celebrations—particularly the pagan goddess Eostre

The Easter bunny and Easter eggs originated as pagan symbols of spring and rebirth. Over the centuries, these ancient symbols became associated with the Christian holiday of Easter such that the two traditions have merged together to become what some celebrate today

So it is really against what the bible tells us

Last edited:

I don't celebrate Easter or Xmas as both of these are Pagan traditions which are actually against Gods teachings.

I don't say people can't celebrate Easter just don't say it is to celebrate the the death of Jesus and his Resurrection

His crucifixion never happened this time of year although his birth was around April or May......how do we know this it's because of the weather his birth was not in winter which in Bethlehem the 25th Dec is in winter . The bible describes a spring night .

Despite its significance as a Christian holy day, many of the traditions and symbols that play a key role in Easter observances actually have roots in pagan celebrations—particularly the pagan goddess Eostre

The Easter bunny and Easter eggs originated as pagan symbols of spring and rebirth. Over the centuries, these ancient symbols became associated with the Christian holiday of Easter such that the two traditions have merged together to become what some celebrate today

As a practising Pagan, I am most annoyed that the xhristians have commandeered most of the Pagan holidays to make xhristianity more palatable to the stupid masses & it has done a good job of that as we have seen by our Xmas & Easter celebrations. While I admire the ones who don't celebrate these holidays due to their personal conviction. It really irks me that so many pretend xhristians believe all that b*****t about religion. I know that these days brains seem in short supply along with respect for one's elders & kindness in general but all you have to do is read any of the religious books to see that it is all done for control of the general public!

As a practising Pagan, I am most annoyed that the xhristians have commandeered most of the Pagan holidays to make xhristianity more palatable to the stupid masses & it has done a good job of that as we have seen by our Xmas & Easter celebrations. While I admire the ones who don't celebrate these holidays due to their personal conviction. It really irks me that so many pretend xhristians believe all that b*****t about religion. I know that these days brains seem in short supply along with respect for one's elders & kindness in general but all you have to do is read any of the religious books to see that it is all done for control of the general public!
I totally agree.
I'm a Christian going directly from the bible and my sister is a wiken witch and even though we don't believe in each ones belief we respect each one.

Quite Easy
It is not our Easter at all. It is our Palm Sunday. in your terms as we call it Pussy Willow Sunday as there weren't any palm trees when Russian adopted the Orthodox religion from the Greeks in 988 AD. Russian Orthodox Easter and most other Orthodox celebrate which is on 16th April, this year according to the Orthodox Church Julian Calendar not Gregorian like yours. Easter to us is religious, without the easter egg raffles or easter egg hunts which is not even religious nor the easter bunny hopping along. So how do we prepare for our Easter? That will start in a few days.

Quite Easy
It is not our Easter at all. It is our Palm Sunday. in your terms as we call it Pussy Willow Sunday as there weren't any palm trees when Russian adopted the Orthodox religion from the Greeks in 988 AD. Russian Orthodox Easter and most other Orthodox celebrate which is on 16th April, this year according to the Orthodox Church Julian Calendar not Gregorian like yours. Easter to us is religious, without the easter egg raffles or easter egg hunts which is not even religious nor the easter bunny hopping along. So how do we prepare for our Easter? That will start in a few days.
My husband is Greek orthodox and a couple of my kids are still practising orthodox
My son is the left chanter in church and my kids who are orthodox fast for 40 days from anything from an animal.

They still have eggs and also dye eggs and break on Easter Sunday

Thank you, I found that very interesting

What do you have planned for Easter Sunday, and what are your family's Easter traditions?

It's a couple of days before Easter, and I’ve heard many people making plans for the long weekend, ranging from visiting family to even going camping.

On our end, nothing’s final yet, as we’re still figuring some things out. That being said, I’m so excited to know what you’re doing next week. What do you have planned for Easter Sunday?

View attachment 16532
The long weekend is a fantastic time for some classic chinwagging! Image Credit: Unsplash

We'd be delighted to know whether it’s something meticulously organised or just an easy weekend of rest and relaxation at home.

On that note, why not throw in traditions your family does on Easter for an added kick of fun?

It’s simply touching to know of the special things families do during the holidays, and we’re all ears (or eyes?) to see what you have in store for the holidays.
For Easter our 3 children, grandchildren, sister and her children, brother & his wife will be at ours. All up there will be 18. Thankfully they are all sharing the load by bringing a plate.
Happiest of days!

View attachment 16532

We will be spending Easter with Family in Brisbane. We are from Melbourne. Only Grandies are in Brisbane. Two Girls 7 & 5 so I think a fun Easter egg hunt will be our first big activity for a Easter Sunday. Not sure what else might be arranged because the big Family thing with Son in Laws Family will happen with a lovely lunch on Good Friday. It also happens to be my Husbands birthday so I think an ice-cream cake might be arranged. Have a lovely Easter everyone.🐰🐰