Having moved numerous time, one thing I have done every time is to get/recycle/save used boxes from the alcohol bottle shops and outlets. They are usually thrown out pretty quickly, but because they are used for transporting glass they are also quite strong, and easy to handle. Not all boxes need to be purchased and/or large size. I also number all my boxes, and if you can be bothered make a short list and I also put a label on the box, i.e. KITCHEN, BEDROOM, LOUNGE. Easier for the removalist to know where to put boxes. Just in case things get lost or broken, at least you have a record. Yes, time consuming, but just more secure in the long run.

get someone to do t for you but make sure that what they pack is all their when you get to where you are going
Every time i moved items went missing

• Love
Reactions: Sethia Soliman
Oh go to the property a few times before you actually move in pray hard that this really will be what us meant to be consider where you are now and pray about that too never ever move because some one else thinks it's a good idea I did that and heck i will regret it the rest of my life even where I live now it's a daily prayer that I accept God brought me here at a traumatic time because i needed a roof over my head but that he has a much better idea now

Get friends and family to do it
then on the day make an excuse = { My best friend has been rushed to E D}
or my Father in law has met with an accident, and I have to be there..
Just use your imagination.
Failing that , I'm sure the brains trust at { SDC } can come up with a doosey!! ;) 😾 😾

Be ruthless when discarding goods. Depending on approximate time of arrival have essentials for a quick easy meal. Take these in the car with you Don't forget cuppa essentials. Plenty of tea or coffee, milk, etc. Label each box with room. If you do need to use paper for breakable items wet the paper. It will dry hard around the item.

As you do each room label the boxes as A,B,C etc. and what room it is to go in. An example is A1 Bedroom. A2 Bedroom. B1 Kitchen etc. Also write in a book or pad (NOT ON THE BOX) what is in each box and the number of the box.
If you are storing any boxes no one knows what's in your boxes unless they open them.
Some storing places share their sheds although they don't tell you.
My brother lost a lot of goods because of this.
If you are storing crockery of any sort for a length of time, drop a couple of anti moisture sachets in the crockery so that they won't craze.
Good luck.

Wrap all your breakables like glassware, china or precious items with linen such as tea-towels, bath towels, pillowslips and even clothing. It saves on having to get paper and also doubles up by packing your linen at the same time. I have moved over 30 times over my lifetime and use this practice every time without fail. It also protects your breakables better than paper.
Don't forget to write on the lid of your boxes a list of all items in each box and which room it needs to end up in.
Leave out two boxes for the end, ine for coffee, tea, mugs, kettle, etc, last to leave, first to open. The 2nd box is for the last of the cleaning items you'll be using before leaving. Sometimes a 3rd box is needed for all of those last minute items that got overlooked. HAVE FUN!!!
Erynne Baynes.
Warragul VIC

Don't fold and pack your bedding. Roll it up like a long carpet roll, put and old sheet around it and when you get to your new home, all you have to do is unroll it and tuck the edges and your bed is made. If you want to take plants from the garden with you, pot them up as soon as you decided to move and they will be ready to transplant when you arrive. And if your pet is the nervous type, a visit to the vet for an anti-anxiety medication will take the stress out of moving for the animal (and you too).
😴 idea with the bedding teach, totally like that idea. Also, good tip with the plants.😉

Oh go to the property a few times before you actually move in pray hard that this really will be what us meant to be consider where you are now and pray about that too never ever move because some one else thinks it's a good idea I did that and heck i will regret it the rest of my life even where I live now it's a daily prayer that I accept God brought me here at a traumatic time because i needed a roof over my head but that he has a much better idea now
👍🙏

Get friends and family to do it
then on the day make an excuse = { My best friend has been rushed to E D}
or my Father in law has met with an accident, and I have to be there..
Just use your imagination.
Failing that , I'm sure the brains trust at { SDC } can come up with a doosey!! ;) 😾 😾
Yes!!!🎉🎉🎉Good one, if it works.😂😂😂

Reactions: Potatoes
I have moved many times and like to have an essentials box with 2 changes of clothing, nightwear, toiletries, a towel, tea towel, washing up liquid, any medications etc and carry it with you in the car. That way you don't have to search through countless boxes to find these items. Happy moving!

I have moved many times and like to have an essentials box with 2 changes of clothing, nightwear, toiletries, a towel, tea towel, washing up liquid, any medications etc and carry it with you in the car. That way you don't have to search through countless boxes to find these items. Happy moving!
YOU FORGET THE TEA AND COFFEE.

Don't use paper/newspapers to wrap your breakables. Use spare towels, pillow cases, any linen. Also clothes you don't need immediately. (Summer/winter clothes in the off season. It's such a waste of space.

• Love
Reactions: gamiry
It's normal to feel a mix of excitement and nerves—I've been there. When my family moved across town last year, I was overwhelmed with all the details. That's when we found this fantastic Dallas moving company. They made the process a breeze, handling everything from packing to unloading with care.As for tips, my best advice is to start early and declutter as you go. Trust me, it'll make unpacking a whole lot easier. And don't forget to label those boxes! Oh, and take breaks when you need to—moving can be exhausting.

Last edited: