Wedding guest rages over an EMBARRASSING vegan meal

We’ve all had our fair share of lack-luster dishes, right? I don’t know about you, but a disappointing meal can turn the best of days into an absolute disaster... This image of a vegan meal option provided to wedding guests went viral for its shocking lack of care and quality.

The snapshot, which was first seen on Twitter and later on a Reddit thread, shows an unappealing handful of rocket leaves with three melon slices on the side topped with what seems to be a balsamic dressing.

g88bgc4d8md81.png
Original twitter post of the ‘pathetic’ vegan meal option provided

The original poster captions it with “Vegan option at a wedding” and an eye-roll emoji to express her dismay.

There are several reasons why people opt for a vegan lifestyle. Others may switch to the diet for environmental protection, moral reasons, or because of specific allergies to meat and other animal products. So, to put yourself in their shoes; imagine how you would feel if a chef carelessly created an alternative for your dietary requirements. It would be incredibly upsetting, yes?

The comments section appears to be united with their disapproval of the dish’s substance and quality but opinions started to vary when it came to who should be held liable for this kitchen nightmare.

The Reddit caption ‘Please be considerate about peoples' choices at your wedding.’ points a finger at the newlyweds— along with other users saying ‘This is literally so rude to your guest. I’d be so pissed.’

However, the latter half believes it’s entirely the chef’s and the venue’s fault.

“As a chef - that’s not the couple, that’s a poorly run kitchen. No self-respecting chef would serve this”

Another comment argues “We had a really hard time finding a wedding caterer who would do vegetarian dishes. They all kept telling us they didn’t like to do vegetarian because it “wasn’t wedding style” but they could put together a salad or something if they needed to. More than half our guests were veg (vegetarian)”

Well, that was a little spicy, huh?

What are your opinions? Let us know in the comments below!

Interested in becoming vegan or altering your diet. Check out this video outlining how this kind of diet affects your body by clicking here.

Reactions: Errol and Ricci
Sponsored
There are plenty of salad vegetables that could have be included on the plate and a small side dish of nuts, seeds and dried fruit could have been added.

Reactions: Ricci
I'd be disappointed too if I was served this anywhere! Hard to know where to attribute blame - yes, the chef but also the bride & groom, who usually have to ok the menu?

How about a steaming bowl of pumpkin soup and crusty bread - or a lentil and coconut curry with rice. Not hard and I do believe if you have vegan and vegetarian or gluten free guests. You as the hosts need to be extra sure there is a suitable meal for them. It’s not hard!! I am not vegan but everyone’s choices should be respected.

Caterers I have been involved with over the past decade or so have no trouble providing good Vegan/vegetarian options as part of their service.

How about a steaming bowl of pumpkin soup and crusty bread - or a lentil and coconut curry with rice. Not hard and I do believe if you have vegan and vegetarian or gluten free guests. You as the hosts need to be extra sure there is a suitable meal for them. It’s not hard!! I am not vegan but everyone’s choices should be respected.
I'd have to say neither of those would interest me at all. As someone who absolutely hates soup and cannot eat curry I'd be refusing both options. Asking more about food allergies is the answer but I've learnt I need to add dislikes as well or eat nothing.

Well I guess you’ll never please everyone, vegan or otherwise - but they would have been more serious options than leaves and melon. Some of us do have particular pallets and it’s hard to allow for each person’s taste in a catering situation- however there should be nutritious options in each category- is what I’m saying

Reactions: Farida
With most catered events there is a set menu. An organizer generally has a choice of two meats out of a list of 4, several vegetable and sauce options, 2 desserts out of a list of maybe 4 to 6.. etc Once the the menu is chosen (including asking for a vegan option for known diners) that's it! Any fussy diner who doesn't like the options or a vegan who has not informed the host by the booking stage is out of luck... these events are NOT a la carte' nd the staff is too busy with serving a room full of people to cope with unknown foibles. Ie eat what put in front of you, swap with your partner or do without is the rule here. :rolleyes:;):p

Reactions: Evol P
That’s very true, but it can leave some diners hungry! So I think the trick if you have a lot of allergies or only like certain types of food, is to have something before you go or have a private stash of snacks🥨 in your bag😁

Are you sure it was the main meal ..looks like an entre ,I wouldnt be happy if I'd paid a fortune for it ,,Mind you I would have said something on the day/night On the quiet of course

Would have been hugely annoyed to receive this at a wedding. Unattractive, looks like its been thrown together.

Weddings. ....what but Christmas dinners out!! We paid $200 for the 2 of us to have lunch out as our kids were all doing inlaws that year... we were a tiny table for 2, tucked into a corner. ..got our drink and watched all the delicious looking plates wizz past our table... finally we caught a waiter and said we'd had nothing to eat yet..they apologised and brought our starter...as soon as we'd finished, it cleared away and we sat.. and sat... they were serving desert at table next to us so we caught them again to say no mains had been served at our table. ... well... we got a slice of Turkey breast.... a slice of what could only be described as processed sandwich Ham... a roast potato and some boiled veg, with gravy poured over it all to try and disguise how inferior it was to the plates that had been carried past... as soon as we finished, half melted icecream with pudding was plonked down. Needless to say.... I will not be going on a "pleasant Christmas lunch" out again!! And it cost as much as 2 weeks worth of groceries!! Beyond disappointing 😞

Sounds horrible!! - much better to have your favourite foods at home and indulge yourselves with a nice nap in the afternoon. Christmas should be at home I think or a picnic out if you can find a place in the outdoors that isn’t already taken. No business is going to care for you like you would yourselves unfortunately.

We’ve all had our fair share of lack-luster dishes, right? I don’t know about you, but a disappointing meal can turn the best of days into an absolute disaster... This image of a vegan meal option provided to wedding guests went viral for its shocking lack of care and quality.

The snapshot, which was first seen on Twitter and later on a Reddit thread, shows an unappealing handful of rocket leaves with three melon slices on the side topped with what seems to be a balsamic dressing.

View attachment 1526

The original poster captions it with “Vegan option at a wedding” and an eye-roll emoji to express her dismay.

There are several reasons why people opt for a vegan lifestyle. Others may switch to the diet for environmental protection, moral reasons, or because of specific allergies to meat and other animal products. So, to put yourself in their shoes; imagine how you would feel if a chef carelessly created an alternative for your dietary requirements. It would be incredibly upsetting, yes?

The comments section appears to be united with their disapproval of the dish’s substance and quality but opinions started to vary when it came to who should be held liable for this kitchen nightmare.

The Reddit caption ‘Please be considerate about peoples' choices at your wedding.’ points a finger at the newlyweds— along with other users saying ‘This is literally so rude to your guest. I’d be so pissed.’

However, the latter half believes it’s entirely the chef’s and the venue’s fault.

“As a chef - that’s not the couple, that’s a poorly run kitchen. No self-respecting chef would serve this”

Another comment argues “We had a really hard time finding a wedding caterer who would do vegetarian dishes. They all kept telling us they didn’t like to do vegetarian because it “wasn’t wedding style” but they could put together a salad or something if they needed to. More than half our guests were veg (vegetarian)”

Interested in becoming vegan or altering your diet. Check out this video outlining how this kind of diet affects your body by clicking
here.
Weddings. ....what but Christmas dinners out!! We paid $200 for the 2 of us to have lunch out as our kids were all doing inlaws that year... we were a tiny table for 2, tucked into a corner. ..got our drink and watched all the delicious looking plates wizz past our table... finally we caught a waiter and said we'd had nothing to eat yet..they apologised and brought our starter...as soon as we'd finished, it cleared away and we sat.. and sat... they were serving desert at table next to us so we caught them again to say no mains had been served at our table. ... well... we got a slice of Turkey breast.... a slice of what could only be described as processed sandwich Ham... a roast potato and some boiled veg, with gravy poured over it all to try and disguise how inferior it was to the plates that had been carried past... as soon as we finished, half melted icecream with pudding was plonked down. Needless to say.... I will not be going on a "pleasant Christmas lunch" out again!! And it cost as much as 2 weeks worth of groceries!! Beyond disappointing 😞
Note to self "never become a vegan" ;)

Reactions: DrivingGirl

View attachment 1526

Interested in becoming vegan or altering your diet. Check out this video outlining how this kind of diet affects your body by clicking
here.
My extended family gets together every Monday and some of us are vegan. We figure it's good for us to eat vegan once a week an those of us who do the cooking have great fun finding delicious vegan recipes for mains and desserts to share each week. I find lots on pinterest.