Vodafone outage impacts voice calls for hundreds of customers

In today's fast-paced world, staying connected is more important than ever, especially for those who rely on mobile phones to keep in touch with family, friends, and essential services.

So, when a major network outage occurs, it can be more than just an inconvenience; it can be a real disruption to daily life.

Vodafone customers across Australia were in a bind as a significant outage impacted voice calls.

According to reports from Downdetector, incidents began in the early hours of Tuesday, 16 April, with customers voicing their frustrations and concerns on various platforms.

shutterstock_2393821615.jpg
Vodafone customers couldn’t receive voice calls due to an outage. Credit: Shutterstock

The Downdetector map showed that most issues were reported in major cities, including Perth, Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney, Canberra, and southeast Queensland.

One customer lamented on social media, 'Calls going direct to Voicemail.’

Another expressed the broader implications, 'Looks like no one in Australia can make or receive calls to and from Vodafone…I can call from my phone to other carriers, just not to my wife or any other Vodafone customer from my Vodafone phone.'

‘Calls to Vodafone mobiles aren’t working. Aren’t able to dial out or receive,’ a third said.

Vodafone responded to individual concerns, assuring customers that it would ‘take a look at what’s happening with your calls’.

‘We are aware some customers are currently experiencing interruptions to voice calls,’ a Vodafone spokesperson said.

‘Our technical teams are working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. ‘We apologise for the inconvenience.’

‘Other mobile services, including text messages, data services and Triple Zero calls, continue to work as normal.’

In March, Vodafone users were also hit by a significant service outage as a number of them experienced ‘brief’ outages.

The outage on March 13 affected over 11,000 Vodafone customers, according to Downdetector report.
Key Takeaways
  • Vodafone Australia experienced an outage affecting voice calls for customers nationwide.
  • Customers reported issues with receiving and making calls, with some going directly to voicemail.
  • The company apologised and assured that their technical teams are working to resolve the issue promptly.
  • While voice calls were disrupted, other services, such as text messages, data, and emergency Triple Zero calls, were operating as normal.
Were you affected by this outage, members? Share your experience in the comments below.

Reactions: carole coad
Sponsored
My phone was OK but hubby could ring out but couldn't receive calls , he had been trying to get through to his backgammon buddy all morning Tuesday , he goes to his on Tuesday but calls first and his phone was busy all morning.

Turns out his friends phone couldn't receive calls either .

We worked this out when his friend used his wifes phone and called me because he couldn't get through to my husbands phone.
His wife got home at 11.30 and asked him why his phone showed busy signal for 2 hours
Both were fixed by 12pm Tuesday. His wives phone was OK as was mine and we are all with Vodafone