Lindyloo

Jan 1, 2022
Melbourne
Vicks VapoRub

"Mum would rub our chest with this also put a dab under our nose to fight the colds."
Vicks was a staple in my Mum's home medicine chest too. My grandma who lived with us for much of my childhood was also a great believer, along with things like a mustard poultice to break up congestion, camphor bags to keep colds and flu at bay, Castor oil for constipation and sipping lemon and honey for a sore throat.
It rubbed off on me (pardon the pun) because whenever our kids got wheezy or chesty, the first thing I reached for was the old Vicks VapoRub, in fact I still use it today.

I bet you still use it today!!!!!

Attachments

• vics vaporub.jpg
    vics vaporub.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Love
Reactions: Sethia Soliman
"Mum would rub our chest with this also put a dab under our nose to fight the colds."
Vicks was a staple in my Mum's home medicine chest too. My grandma who lived with us for much of my childhood was also a great believer, along with things like a mustard poultice to break up congestion, camphor bags to keep colds and flu at bay, Castor oil for constipation and sipping lemon and honey for a sore throat.
It rubbed off on me (pardon the pun) because whenever our kids got wheezy or chesty, the first thing I reached for was the old Vicks VapoRub, in fact I still use it today.

I bet you still use it today!!!!!
All my kids and wife and yours truly, still use it nearly forgot grandkids 👍

Reactions: Lindyloo
All my kids and wife and yours truly, still use it nearly forgot grandkids 👍

it's a great product. I can remember as a kid mum or dad rubbed it on my chest. Later on, I used to and still do put some up my nostrils. Also the nasal inhaler. Putting some in a bowl with a towel over your head and breath in the vapours.

My nan used Vicks on me CONSTANTLY. Tummy aches, colds, fevers - all ended up with me being covered in the stuff! It's hilarious now that I think about it but it brings back a lot of good memories. Thanks for sharing this with us. Great post, as always @Lindyloo 😁

Reactions: Lindyloo
My nan used Vicks on me CONSTANTLY. Tummy aches, colds, fevers - all ended up with me being covered in the stuff! It's hilarious now that I think about it but it brings back a lot of good memories. Thanks for sharing this with us. Great post, as always @Lindyloo 😁
It's a great product. I still use it!

Reactions: Ezzy