Wow! All these memories are making me feel romantic and mushy inside. And just to think that I have found the love of my life in the last few months.

And if you are reading this *insert name*, I LOVE YOU! 👩‍❤️‍👩👩‍❤️‍👩👩‍❤️‍👩
“B. A” I love you too veggiepatch now I’m off to dig up your patch and 💩 in it love”b A”meow.🐯🤣🤣

Last edited:
When I was a student Occupational Therapist I met a nurse called Gus in a facility where I was doing a prac training . I was 19 and he was 42 but we hit it off so well that the age gap didn't matter. He was such a kind, considerate person and we enjoyed many great times together. Your first love is always special and I will never forget him.

When I was a student Occupational Therapist I met a nurse called Gus in a facility where I was doing a prac training . I was 19 and he was 42 but we hit it off so well that the age gap didn't matter. He was such a kind, considerate person and we enjoyed many great times together. Your first love is always special and I will never forget him.
Lucky fella!!

MY FIRST LOVE WAS A MAN WHO CHANGED MY LIFE. EVEN TO THIS DAY I HAVE NEVER SEEN A MORE BEAUTIFUL LOOKING MAN IN MY LIFE. 1978 WAS THE YEAR I WAS LEARNING AT A LEGAL FIRM HOW TO BE A LEGAL SECRETARY. ORIGINALLY, FROM BONDI BEACH OUR LOCAL HAUNTS WERE THE NIGHTCLUBS AT THE HOTELS. IT WAS COOGEE BAY HOTEL WHEN I MET GERALD HE CAME OVER TO ME AND SAID, "CAN I BUY YOU A DRINK?' DAZZLED BY HIS EYES WHICH WERE GREEN AND HIS PHYSIQUE I SAID YES OF COURSE. WE STARTED TALKING BUT WHAT WE WERE TALKING ABOUT I WOULD NOT HAVE A CLUE I WAS TOO BUSY STUDYING EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS MAN. EVEN TO THIS DAY I STILL THINK ABOUT HIM. I AM 63 YEARS OLD NOW AND STILL TAKE PRIDE IN LOOKING GOOD FOR MY AGE BUT I DO NOT THINK I WOULD WANT TO SEE HIM BECAUSE HE WAS SO GOOD LOOKING AND CHARMING. IT WOULD PROBABLY BREAK MY HEART. LOOKS ARE NOT EVERYTHING. I FOUND THAT OUT THE HARD WAY. IT IS WHAT IS INSIDE THE PERSON THAT COUNTS. THEIR KINDNESS, FRIENDSHIP, LOYALTY AND WILLING TO GO THAT EXTRA MILE WHEN YOUR IN TROUBLE. THEY ARE THE THINGS WHEN YOUR LOOKS ARE FADING THAT DEFINE YOU. WHAT YOU CAN GIVE TO OTHERS AND BY GIVING YOU RECEIVE TEN TIMES FOLD. STILL WAITING FOR THE KNIGHT IN SHINING ARMOUR BUT I THINK IT WILL HAVE TO BE THE NEXT TIME AROUND?

What a beautiful story. We would love to see pictures if you didn't mind sharing. 😉
this is hubby and I on our wedding day. I wore shoes with a 5” heel, and 1” platform on the front part and still quite a bit shorter than hubby. Hope the photos work, I’m not very tech savvy.

Attachments

• IMG_1246.jpeg
    IMG_1246.jpeg
    151.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1247.jpeg
    IMG_1247.jpeg
    165.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1248.jpeg
    IMG_1248.jpeg
    120.7 KB · Views: 0
this is hubby and I on our wedding day. I wore shoes with a 5” heel, and 1” platform on the front part and still quite a bit shorter than hubby. Hope the photos work, I’m not very tech savvy.
That is beautiful!! You both look happy and hubby has such adoring eyes for you. You have an alluring beauty about you....bordering on exotic. There's just that something special.

Thank you for sharing!

When I was going out with my yet to be wife I wrote her a poem where the first letter of each line spelt out her name. When I came to propose to her I wrote a poem, took her out to dinner and gave her the poem. When she finished reading it I asked her to read out the first word of each line. It read. AS TRUE AS HEART AND MIND CAN BE I ASK YOU TO MARRY ME.
On our wedding day I also wrote my vowes in poetic form and the first word of each line read. IN LIFE TO DEATH I WILL LOVE YOU WITH EACH BREATH.
I had people asking me for a copy of my words...
Do you think I could be accused of being a romantic?
24 years later we have our wedding keepsakes still on display with a picture of my proposal.

Attachments

• 20240208_085623.jpg
    20240208_085623.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240208_085544.jpg
    20240208_085544.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I started seeing my fella when I was 3 months shy of my 17th birthday. We kept it quiet as my fella was 31 and didn't think everyone would understand. We had known each other for a few years and I knew I was attracted to him even then. We told my dad and he didn't take too kindly to the age gap and sent me to the UK to stay with relatives over there until I turned 18 when I could then do whatever I wanted. I would send him long letters every week including a little cut out from the local news paper of the little 'Love Is' couple and he would send me beautiful letters in return. Long story short, I met someone else over there and married. We came back to Australia 6 years into the marriage and had 2 children. Unfortunately, the marriage broke down and he returned to the UK. I bumped into my fella by chance one day on my way to work in the city and it was like the earth stopped spinning and I was transported back to 1977 again. He had also just left a bad marriage that resulted in him having 2 children and the same age as mine!! I had never forgotten him and vice versa. The feelings we had for one another were just as strong as they were before I had been sent to the UK. We got back together in 1994 and are still together, although we didn't feel the need to get married. He is now 77 and I will be 63 next month. I found the 'Love Is' site on the internet and print out little cartoons of them and I scatter them around the dining table every Valentines day when I cook a special meal for the two of us.

Last edited:
I started seeing my fella when I was 3 months shy of my 17th birthday. We kept it quiet as my fella was 31 and didn't think everyone would understand. We had known each other for a few years and I knew I was attracted to him even then. We told my dad and he didn't take too kindly to the age gap and sent me to the UK to stay with relatives over there until I turned 18 when I could then do whatever I wanted. I would send him long letters every week including a little cut out from the local news paper of the little 'Love Is' couple and he would send me beautiful letters in return. Long story short, I met someone else over there and married. We came back to Australia 6 years into the marriage and had 2 children. Unfortunately, the marriage broke down and he returned to the UK. I bumped into my fella by chance one day on my way to work in the city and it was like the earth stopped spinning and I was transported back to 1977 again. He had also just left a bad marriage that resulted in him having 2 children and the same age as mine!! I had never forgotten him and vice versa. The feelings we had for one another were just as strong as they were before I had been sent to the UK. We got back together in 1994 and are still together, although we didn't feel the need to get married. He is now 77 and I will be 63 next month. I found the 'Love Is' site on the internet and print out little cartoons of them and I scatter them around the dining table every Valentines day when I cook a special meal for the two of us.
I 💖 your story Thankyou for sharing hope you have many more to come.😍

I n 1971 I was new to a small town in NSW, and took the opportunity to go to a dance at a club with a group of teachers. A tall, good looking but rather shy man came and sat with me. As we were both from farms, we had an in depth discussion about pigs! He asked me to the next dance, but I said I couldn't come as I was visiting a friend. My friend cancelled, so I went to the dance and there he was with a sad face.
We have been married for 53 years, and though he is now in a nursing home, we see each other every day and I simply adore him.

Many years ago if I met anyone I wasn’t that keen on and they asked my name I would tell them it was Gem Stone and the only anonymous valentine card I ever received was addressed to Gem Stone so I knew straight away that I didn’t need to know who sent it. Hahahahaha the things we do when we are young

I met my husband on a blind date that was set up by my friend unbeknown to me ,as a deserted wife with 3 children it was the last thing on my mind but boy was I wrong,he was the most incredible human being.he took me and my children on as his own,we had a daughter and had the best 64 years together .i cherish the love and support we had together,nothing was too much for him he was an still is the love of my life .

I met my husband on a blind date that was set up by my friend unbeknown to me ,as a deserted wife with 3 children it was the last thing on my mind but boy was I wrong,he was the most incredible human being.he took me and my children on as his own,we had a daughter and had the best 64 years together .i cherish the love and support we had together,nothing was too much for him he was an still is the love of my life .
That’s a beautiful story Thankyou for sharing😍

I was hitchhiking around Italy from the UK, with a girlfriend back in the 60s and we stayed at a Youth Hostel. I was tiny and had a very short hairdo. I was playing cards with a group of Swedish and German guys when I heard a voice say, "Jeez, are you a sheila?" I whispered, "What language is that?" The Swedish guy said, "He is Australian and is asking if you are a girl".
The Australian followed me back to England and four months later we married. We just celebrated our 58th wedding anniversary and the birth of our first greatgrandchild.
Now that's love Aussie style:love: Congratulations on your 58th anniversary and great grand child.

Reactions: Tervueren and Ezzy