Unveiling the truth behind the iconic Cadbury 'eyebrows' ad: A 14-year-old secret revealed

Do you remember that ad from Cadbury years ago that had two kids dazzle everyone Down Under for their bizarrely amazing eyebrow dance?

It is a piece of Australian pop culture etched into everyone’s memory.

The ad aired in 2009 was a sensation, sparking conversations and inspiring countless attempts to replicate the eyebrow dance. But now, one of the ad's stars has revealed a shocking secret that has been kept under wraps for 14 years.

Georgia Wake, who was just nine years old when she starred in the ad, recently confessed that the eyebrow dance was not a result of her unique talent.

'When you lie to the nation about your eyebrow talent,' she said in a recent clip, revealing the truth behind the iconic ad.

Screenshot 2023-11-16 125501.png
Georgia Wake, who starred in the 2009 Cadbury ad, revealed the secret behind the iconic footage. Credit: @georgiawake/TikTok

She said the magic of video editing was behind the synchronised eyebrow dance.

The revelation has left thousands of fans stunned as they reminisce about their attempts to master the eyebrow dance.

'This advert had me in a chokehold, I finally learnt how to raise an eyebrow each—it only took me six years to master it—and now to find out I was living a lie,' one fan confessed.

Others shared their memories of the ad, with one woman writing, 'I was desperately trying to keep up every time the ad came on.'

Another fan added, 'This ad was my childhood—I was waiting for you to recreate it!'

‘I actually can do this. This advert had me standing in the mirror for hours, and I mastered it,’ a fourth person admitted.

The Cadbury 'eyebrows' ad was a cultural phenomenon, sparking a craze that would have been labeled in today’s times as viral. In its initial weeks, it quickly racked up four million views on YouTube and spawned many attempts to duplicate the eyebrow dance—a testament to the power of advertising and its influence on popular culture. However, only some were surprised by the revelation. Some fans had been suspicious all along.

'When I went to Cadbury world as a kid they told me it was tape and clear wire,' a woman shared.

Another added, 'I just watched the ad again and it's so painfully obvious that it's edited. I never thought anything of it until just then.'

If the ad doesn’t ring a bell or you just want to watch it again for old time’s sake, you can see it here:

Source: Youtube​

Key Takeaways

• Georgia Wake, star of an iconic 2009 Cadbury advertisement, revealed that her 'eyebrow dance' was edited onto the advertisement.
  • The ad showed two children in a photography studio who broke into a choreographed eyebrow dance when the photographer left the room, which intrigued and challenged thousands of viewers.
  • Wake has recently revealed that she had no special 'eyebrow talent', generating surprise and amusement amongst viewers who had tried to imitate it.
  • While some viewers were shocked by the revelation, others had suspected it all along, pointing out that the edits were evident in the advertisement.

So, what do you think, members? Were you surprised by the revelation? Did you try to master the eyebrow dance? Share your thoughts and memories in the comments below.

Sponsored
Do you remember that ad from Cadbury years ago that had two kids dazzle everyone Down Under for their bizarrely amazing eyebrow dance?

The ad aired in 2009 was a sensation, sparking conversations and inspiring countless attempts to replicate the eyebrow dance. But now, one of the ad's stars has revealed a shocking secret that has been kept under wraps for 14 years.

Georgia Wake, who was just nine years old when she starred in the ad, recently confessed that the eyebrow dance was not a result of her unique talent.

'When you lie to the nation about your eyebrow talent,' she said in a recent clip, revealing the truth behind the iconic ad.

View attachment 34922
Georgia Wake, who starred in the 2009 Cadbury ad, revealed the secret behind the iconic footage. Credit: @georgiawake/TikTok

The revelation has left thousands of fans stunned as they reminisce about their attempts to master the eyebrow dance.

'This advert had me in a chokehold, I finally learnt how to raise an eyebrow each—it only took me six years to master it—and now to find out I was living a lie,' one fan confessed.

Others shared their memories of the ad, with one woman writing, 'I was desperately trying to keep up every time the ad came on.'

Another fan added, 'This ad was my childhood—I was waiting for you to recreate it!'

‘I actually can do this. This advert had me standing in the mirror for hours, and I mastered it,’ a fourth person admitted.

The Cadbury 'eyebrows' ad was a cultural phenomenon, sparking a craze that would have been labeled in today’s times as viral. In its initial weeks, it quickly racked up four million views on YouTube and spawned many attempts to duplicate the eyebrow dance—a testament to the power of advertising and its influence on popular culture. However, only some were surprised by the revelation. Some fans had been suspicious all along.

'When I went to Cadbury world as a kid they told me it was tape and clear wire,' a woman shared.

Another added, 'I just watched the ad again and it's so painfully obvious that it's edited. I never thought anything of it until just then.'

If the ad doesn’t ring a bell or you just want to watch it again for old time’s sake, you can see it here:

Key Takeaways

• Georgia Wake, star of an iconic 2009 Cadbury advertisement, revealed that her 'eyebrow dance' was edited onto the advertisement.
  • The ad showed two children in a photography studio who broke into a choreographed eyebrow dance when the photographer left the room, which intrigued and challenged thousands of viewers.
  • Wake has recently revealed that she had no special 'eyebrow talent', generating surprise and amusement amongst viewers who had tried to imitate it.
  • While some viewers were shocked by the revelation, others had suspected it all along, pointing out that the edits were evident in the advertisement.

So, what do you think, members? Were you surprised by the revelation? Did you try to master the eyebrow dance? Share your thoughts and memories in the comments below.

Nope - knew it was fake as you can easy see the manipulation around the eyes.

Reactions: Macarj

View attachment 34922

Key Takeaways

I have never seen this ad before. I know my ads because I am involved in training actors for commercials and swear this is the first time I have come across it. It is obvious it has been edited. However I love the faces of these two.

I have never seen this ad before. I know my ads because I am involved in training actors for commercials and swear this is the first time I have come across it. It is obvious it has been edited. However I love the faces of these two.