Unbelievable secrets revealed! How a 63-year-old defies ageing and stays youthful

It's easy to fall into the trap of dreading birthdays and perceiving ageing as an enemy rather than a natural part of life.

But one 63-year-old woman may have discovered the key to staying young in more than just body, but in mind and spirit too.

Gym Tan believes that age is just a number, and she's living proof of it. This extraordinary woman recently took to her social platforms to share the story of how she overcame her own fears of ageing.

Her inspiring story has captured the hearts of hundreds of thousands of people on social media, and in a recent video, Tan opened up about her past feelings of dread about getting older.

photo (4).jpg
Gym Tan embraces ageing with grace, poise, and open arms. Credit: Instagram

'I think that when I was in my 40s and 50s there is this feeling of what’s going to happen when you get older?' She candidly revealed in one of her videos.

'I mean as a woman it’s very normal and unfortunately, we’re all kind of trained to think this way.

‘Like you know, there’s almost like an expiration date or a date when you become almost invisible. And I would say probably in my fifties, I was beginning to feel that.'

But for Tan, giving in to these fears was not an option. Instead, she embraced positive ageing, focusing on what brings happiness and feels good.

'Age is just a number, I’ve said it before. But more than that, just focus on what makes you happy. Focus on what makes you feel good,' she advised.

'And I always think if something looks good, smells good and tastes good, is good for you.'

On top of her healthy lifestyle and positive outlook, Tan's uplifting approach to life also includes surrounding herself with loved ones and leaning into life-long learning, proving that positivity is always possible, no matter your age.

'So I just want to come in and say to all of you that life is short, enjoy it [and] be happy. Surround yourself with people who love you and that you can learn from,' she shared.

Her wisdom resonated with her followers, who are wholeheartedly embracing her approach.

'You are such an icon,' praised one follower.

'My [birthday] is coming up at the end of the month. I dread getting older. Every [birthday], I have an existential crisis. This year I’ll play this on repeat,' another follower revealed.

Tan’s influence extends beyond defying traditional beliefs about ageing.

She also shares her journey as a mother, showcasing the warm and wholesome relationship she shares with her daughter, Mya.

Their trips together, shown in a series of heart-warming videos featuring a mother-daughter duo taking on New York City, added another layer of charm to Tan’s influence.

'Trips with your kids are fun when they’re little but get even better as they grow up.

‘Now when my 24-year-old daughter and I travel together, we dress up, go out to fancy dinners, run and exercise by the pool [and] enjoy the same things in life together,' stated the radiant 63-year-old.

Key Takeaways

• A 63-year-old woman known as Gym Tan has shared her positive approach to ageing with her 240,000 followers on social media.
    • She advises focusing on aspects of life that bring joy and a positive outlook rather than worrying about age.
    • Many users have admired her views and found resonance with their own fears about getting older.
    • Tan continues to inspire people with her posts about her journey of ageing and her wholesome relationship with her 24-year-old daughter.

Tan's approach to life serves as an empowering example to all of us. It's a reminder to see age not as a reason to dread but as an opportunity to thrive with wisdom, grace and gumption.

Do you agree with Gym Tan’s outlook on ageing? What are your tips on defying ageing and staying youthful? We would love to know your thoughts in the comments below!

Sponsored
Keep fit by fitness programs to your ability , be adventurous , if possible go for long walking tracks in the rainforest or even the desert . I mean multiple day walks with a large backpack and bring all your food , water and tent with you. I have done many of them even after 60 yrs of age I walked the 225 km Larapinta trail in the Northern Territory . Some hard days with long climbs , often went the wrong way and followed a cattle path as not many signs to follow. This was 18 days without fresh food. The Milford track in N-Z is only 4 days and a lot easier and you sleep in a hut .
Eat healthy food and drinks , have your main meal at lunch time , only a small light meal around 5-6 pm. Snack healthy. I love nut , unsalted and roast them myself.

Reactions: Penny4
I've read about her before. She comes from Singapore, but moved to USA and being a fashion influencer. I would call her petite, like my Chinese neighbour. Plus, she also looks after herself which is admirable. Women can still look great after 60.

I have Parkinson's Disease, tremors not completely under control added with a few other problems. I'm 65 yrs old and I try very hard to work within my capabilities to keep myself feeling great also looking good. It's very easy as you age to let yourself go but I have too much respect for this journey called life. Exercise is one thing I find difficult but searching around I have found exercising within my capabilities and I'd like to share as I may be able to help some other restricted ladies to gain some self respect. My first exercise is fabulous, simple and leaves you feeling great as you build up. It's chair yoga, yes you read right. You can search the internet to find a programme suitable for your capabilities and watch yourself improve and feel fabulous. Your exercises will increase as you feel capable. You Tube is great for further help. My favourite form of exercise is doing Dance Classes put together by Queensland Ballet at different venues around Brisbane. Wow I love these classes. Again classes are at levels that studecan cope with. There is a small cost involved but when you consider the quality of teaching & coaching you don't hesitate. Many of us when we were little girl's wanted to be ballerinas, here is our chance to dance for fun. Last get yourself good hairstylist, have a style you can cope with and learn a little about makeup enhancement and before you know it you feel like a million dollars. Friends notice, family notice, your husband will notice but mostly YOU will notice 😉 this radiant woman smiling at you every time you pass a mirror. You are the most important investment you have and it pays to look after it. I tried and now I feel awesome , the tremors are part of my life not my complete life. Make the most of yourself when you feel well enough to follow the regime, just be happy. A great big smile 😀 will certainly 😊 give you a great start. Good luck 😉

I have Parkinson's Disease, tremors not completely under control added with a few other problems. I'm 65 yrs old and I try very hard to work within my capabilities to keep myself feeling great also looking good. It's very easy as you age to let yourself go but I have too much respect for this journey called life. Exercise is one thing I find difficult but searching around I have found exercising within my capabilities and I'd like to share as I may be able to help some other restricted ladies to gain some self respect. My first exercise is fabulous, simple and leaves you feeling great as you build up. It's chair yoga, yes you read right. You can search the internet to find a programme suitable for your capabilities and watch yourself improve and feel fabulous. Your exercises will increase as you feel capable. You Tube is great for further help. My favourite form of exercise is doing Dance Classes put together by Queensland Ballet at different venues around Brisbane. Wow I love these classes. Again classes are at levels that studecan cope with. There is a small cost involved but when you consider the quality of teaching & coaching you don't hesitate. Many of us when we were little girl's wanted to be ballerinas, here is our chance to dance for fun. Last get yourself good hairstylist, have a style you can cope with and learn a little about makeup enhancement and before you know it you feel like a million dollars. Friends notice, family notice, your husband will notice but mostly YOU will notice 😉 this radiant woman smiling at you every time you pass a mirror. You are the most important investment you have and it pays to look after it. I tried and now I feel awesome , the tremors are part of my life not my complete life. Make the most of yourself when you feel well enough to follow the regime, just be happy. A great big smile 😀 will certainly 😊 give you a great start. Good luck 😉
Sorry to hear you have Parkinson's disease. My late grandfather was diagnosed with it in his later years, unlike yourself being younger.
Hope you continue to keep it in check.
Good to hear about Qld Ballet helping people.
My friend who is the same age as me, danced professionally with the Qld Ballet ... now that was a long time ago :sneaky:

Reactions: Mina vriesekolk