Uber driver grilled by 'rude' passenger: ‘Get it together’

Here at the SDC, we cherish a good conversation.

It's not just an opportunity to learn about others' life experiences and stories; it's also a wonderful way to pass the time, especially during long trips.

However, occasionally, when engaging with someone—especially a complete stranger—these conversations can take an unexpected turn.

That's precisely what happened to James Bade, an Uber driver who recently shared a dashcam video of himself dealing with a judgmental passenger.

In the footage, the woman began probing Bade with questions about his educational background and career aspirations.

Screenshot 2023-09-15 at 11.51.25 AM.png
An Uber driver has been cruelly grilled by his passenger about his schooling results and career aspirations. Credit: TikTok/jamesbadeofficial.

The passenger started the interrogation by asking what his Year 12 ATAR rank was, an academic score that determines a school student's positioning compared to other students.

'What was your score like at the end of the year?' the woman asked.

'Uhh, not great,' Bade answered, sounding understandably uncomfortable.

His passenger brazenly continued to grill Bade, asking if it was 'Seventy? Eighty?'

'Sixty-five,' Bade said in response.

'You did s***,' the woman then said.

Rather than completely shutting down the conversation, Bade calmly replied, 'Yeah, but that's okay.'

However, his passenger thought otherwise and insisted, 'No, it's not okay. It's s***.'

Bade finally came to his defence, saying he had 'given [his] tests a good go'.

This conversation was, unfortunately, only the beginning of an awkward journey for Bade, as the passenger went on to question him about his career aspirations.

Bade mentioned he had tried out real estate for a few years and found it offered lots of opportunities, but was happy happily Uber driving for now.

'Well, you've got to sort of get it together,' the woman said.

Bade defended himself again, responding, 'It is together! I'm always chatting with new people, and they're giving me new ideas for different things.'

To which his passenger brazenly replied: 'No, it's not. My idea is to get it together.'

Since the dashcam video has come out, it's sparked an outpouring of support for Bade from viewers, with many commending him for his patience in such a situation.

One user wrote: 'I'm so sorry you had to deal with that. [The passenger] is using your services and simultaneously looking down on them. It's insane. A job is a job.'

Another added: '[Bade] you're so patient and calm with her, I would have kicked her out. Who gives her the right to judge?'

Key Takeaways

• An Uber driver, James Bade, has been subjected to a series of judgemental questions by a passenger about his schooling results and career aspirations.
  • Bade posted a video with a woman criticising his academic record and career choices.
  • Despite the passenger's harsh comments, Bade maintained calm and defended his choices, stating that he was always chatting with new people and getting new ideas.
  • Viewers praised Bade for his patience, criticising the passenger's condescending attitude and expressing their support for him.

It can be quite disheartening when a stranger approaches you in such a way, disrespecting the fact that we all have different goals in life and paths to take.

We believe all jobs are important and valuable, and no one should ever be belittled for doing their best. Everyone should be given the chance to pursue their dreams, regardless of the paths they’re taking to get to it and what might have gone on in the past.

What do you think, members? Would you have acted the same way as Bade in such a situation? Or perhaps you've experienced a similar predicament? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.

Sponsored
People like that are merely transferring their own insecurities to the first available target.
If it wasn't for the Uber driver, she would be walking or catching a bus.
I feel sorry for that woman's partner, if indeed she has one that meets her standards.
During my years in the workforce, I came across a number of people who relished waving their Diplomas around, only to spend most of their time figuring out how to get the so called underlings to do the work for them. However, give these smarty pants people a common sense task, and a lot of them flounder. There are people out there who can be classed as educated idiots.
Every one has their niche in life. Does your make other people smile?

It's not just an opportunity to learn about others' life experiences and stories; it's also a wonderful way to pass the time, especially during long trips.

However, occasionally, when engaging with someone—especially a complete stranger—these conversations can take an unexpected turn.

That's precisely what happened to James Bade, an Uber driver who recently shared a dashcam video of himself dealing with a judgmental passenger.

In the footage, the woman began probing Bade with questions about his educational background and career aspirations.

View attachment 29981
An Uber driver has been cruelly grilled by his passenger about his schooling results and career aspirations. Credit: TikTok/jamesbadeofficial.

The passenger started the interrogation by asking what his Year 12 ATAR rank was, an academic score that determines a school student's positioning compared to other students.

His passenger brazenly continued to grill Bade, asking if it was 'Seventy? Eighty?'

Rather than completely shutting down the conversation, Bade calmly replied, 'Yeah, but that's okay.'

However, his passenger thought otherwise and insisted, 'No, it's not okay. It's s***.'

This conversation was, unfortunately, only the beginning of an awkward journey for Bade, as the passenger went on to question him about his career aspirations.

Bade mentioned he had tried out real estate for a few years and found it offered lots of opportunities, but was happy happily Uber driving for now.

Bade defended himself again, responding, 'It is together! I'm always chatting with new people, and they're giving me new ideas for different things.'

To which his passenger brazenly replied: 'No, it's not. My idea is to get it together.'

Since the dashcam video has come out, it's sparked an outpouring of support for Bade from viewers, with many commending him for his patience in such a situation.

One user wrote: 'I'm so sorry you had to deal with that. [The passenger] is using your services and simultaneously looking down on them. It's insane. A job is a job.'

Another added: '[Bade] you're so patient and calm with her, I would have kicked her out. Who gives her the right to judge?'

Key Takeaways

• An Uber driver, James Bade, has been subjected to a series of judgemental questions by a passenger about his schooling results and career aspirations.
  • Bade posted a video with a woman criticising his academic record and career choices.
  • Despite the passenger's harsh comments, Bade maintained calm and defended his choices, stating that he was always chatting with new people and getting new ideas.
  • Viewers praised Bade for his patience, criticising the passenger's condescending attitude and expressing their support for him.

It can be quite disheartening when a stranger approaches you in such a way, disrespecting the fact that we all have different goals in life and paths to take.

We believe all jobs are important and valuable, and no one should ever be belittled for doing their best. Everyone should be given the chance to pursue their dreams, regardless of the paths they’re taking to get to it and what might have gone on in the past.

What do you think, members? Would you have acted the same way as Bade in such a situation? Or perhaps you've experienced a similar predicament? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.

The woman has no social skills and probably no friends either. Some people belittle others to make themselves feel superior but in reality it does the opposite. Where would we be if there weren't any people to take on the lower paid jobs. Besides, enjoying your jobs is better than being in a higher paying/prestigious job that makes you miserable (maybe that's her problem). Good job Bade.

View attachment 29981

Key Takeaways

If it was me driving that Uber ,and a passenger commented on why I was driving it
my reply would be so you can get to your destination madam ,because if we didn’t drive Ubers you may be stranded for a long time waiting for other transport

Even the lowly jobs need to be done, but doing them does not mean you are a lowly person. I've been an office person, and I've done house cleaning. Makes no difference to the type of person I am, but it does give me understanding to people who do menial work. We are all trying to survive.

Gee she would have a problem with me I left school in 3rd form at 15years old started work as messenger boy ended up in planning and logistics loved the job stayed for 40 years earning very good money retired at 55

Reactions: Marj53
Firstly, I would not have answered her very rude questions and then I would have pulled over and very clearly told her to get out of my vehicle.

I always answer - if there was a strike who would you miss most - the executive on huge pay or the garbage man that took care of your stinking rubbish? I only ask that people that can get a job.