Two for the price of one? This shopper discovers amazing trick using Woolworths’ Everyday Rewards

We all know that part of the fun of shopping is hunting down the best bargains, right?

Now, imagine being able to double your haul without doubling the cost!

And one savvy Woolworths shopper has found a way to do just that, discovering an impressive deal that lets you bag two for the price of one!

Last week, we wrote about Woolworths' announcement that they were launching member-specific price offers for participating members of the Everyday Rewards program in hopes of retaining customer loyalty by providing exclusive savings for members.

This week, one eagle-eyed member of the Everyday Rewards program, who goes by the username @gabexana on social media, revealed how she seized two 12-packs of Coca-Cola Zero Sugar—all for the price of just one pack!—thanks to Everyday Rewards’ Member Price program.

SDC Images (1).png
A shopper spotted a Member Price deal at her local Woolworths–two 12-packs of Coca-Cola Zero Sugar for the price of one! Image source: TikTok/@gabexana.

'I’m sorry, but did you all know that Woolies has Member’s Prices now? And not like the c***py like 10 cents off–like no, these things are decent…'

'Because we just got like the deal of a lifetime on [Coca-Cola]', quipped the savvy shopper.

She went on to share that her regular grocery run with her husband to replenish their Coca-Cola supply didn't go as initially planned.

The couple was hoping to buy cans of the popular beverage but couldn't find them in stock. But a keen spot had led them to an unexpected deal on Coca-Cola Zero bottles.

'I’m like “oh well, next time”,' she said.

'But then Mr Eagle-Eye spots these.'

'Now we never get these, we always get the cans. But it was the deal that he saw.'

'Look at this–any two for $16.80 if you’re a member. If you’re not a member, $16.85 each,' she recounted.

7a5057f902025ddcc8348bdf2ccd2d77d7adc6c1-161x229-x0y390w1146h1630.png
A photo of their receipt showed they received a Member Price Saving of $16.90. Image source: TikTok/@gabexana.

'You’re basically getting two for the price of one as a member–and it’s free to be a member!' she said.

To verify her calculations, our thrifty shopper triumphantly showcased her receipt.

‘I honestly read that sign like so many times in my head, thinking let me just calculate the maths. And honestly, I don’t believe anything on the stickers until I get to the checkout.’

‘And look here - $16.90 discount. What?!’ She said.

Other shoppers confirmed the discounts, with one saying: ‘I noticed this last night. Lots of these tags in-store.’

‘I got that last week!’ Another added.

A third said: ‘I know… I’Il be using my rewards every time.’

Meanwhile, one user hoped: ‘I wish they had that size in diet coke.’

You can watch Ana’s full video below:

An Everyday Rewards spokesperson confirmed the ease of the process, saying the introductory offers under the Member Pricing program are the first of many such offers.

‘We help our customers get their Woolies Worth every week with thousands of weekly specials, our seasonal Prices Dropped programs and a vast range of our quality Own Brand products at Low Prices,’ the spokesperson said.

‘We launched the first phase of our Member Pricing program last week, with a select number of introductory offers. We plan to continually evolve our Member Pricing program with more Member Pricing offers to be introduced across Woolworths supermarkets, Woolworths Metro and BIG W, in the coming weeks.’

‘Member Pricing is just one of the ways Everyday Rewards helps customers save a lot more every day. Every month, millions of Australians scan their Everyday Rewards card and boost offers in our stores and with our partners, helping them save hundreds of dollars on their shopping every year.’

So, if you’re looking to save some dollars—it's just a matter of joining the Everyday Rewards program, getting your 'Member Price' tagged products into your trolley, and scanning your Everyday Rewards card at the checkout.

If you're not a member yet, you can join online or by scanning the QR code in-store.
Key Takeaways
  • A Woolworths shopper discovered a new way to get two-for-one deals through Everyday Rewards discounts.
  • The customer shared details of this offer on social media, explaining she was able to buy two packs of Coca-Cola for the price of one.
  • Woolworths’ loyalty programme, Everyday Rewards, which is free for all shoppers to join, continues to offer exclusive price offers for members.
  • An Everyday Rewards spokesperson stated that the Member Pricing programme will continue to evolve with more offers being introduced in the future.
Are you an Everyday Rewards member? Will you be taking advantage of this promo on your next shop? Let us know in the comments below!

Sponsored
Member Pricing Programme. I will not be a "Member" of Woolworths. I went to buy 2 loaves of white bread at Woolworths. $6 for "Members". $7 for others. So I went elsewhere.
Just a quick question here - can you really, truly & honestly say you can taste the difference in different brands of bread? After a couple of loaves of a cheaper or own brand bread you won’t be missing that $3 bread taste, believe me. Some things are all in the mind.

Wow how many bottles are in the pack 6 ,12 🤔hmmm what size 365,600,ml well and how long is this sale 😳 going to last probably a week or two whoopee been buying 30 can block of Coke from Aldi $25.99 for month's and months while Woolworths and Coles price up to $40 plus month after month unless they put it on special so not always cheap it to dawn you in to buy more for their profits
Member Pricing Programme. I will not be a "Member" of Woolworths. I went to buy 2 loaves of white bread at Woolworths. $6 for "Members". $7 for others. So I went elsewhere.
Can you honestly say you can taste the difference between brand named bread and Woolworths/Coles/Aldi bread? After a couple of loaves of their in-house bread your taste buds will adjust. So much of the whingeing here is just rubbish..
[/QUOTE]

I remember more than 50 yrs ago my husband used coke to loosen up rusted screws , soaked it in coke and it did the job . These days he uses WD40. How on earth we would consume these fizzy drinks . ?

I did my shopping as usual in Woolworths in Grafton this week and they did not have any members discounts marked on products at all.
I did my shopping at Woolworths and walked out when the Woolies employee refused to honour the $1 discount on the overpriced bread (2 loaves for $6 rather than $7) because such discounts had more-or-less overnight become a "Members" perk. I did offer $6, but Woollies are too good at price-gouging for reasonable discussion. And I will do that every time I visit Woollies; leave my groceries on the counter for the staff to put back on the shelves and leave unless they treat us all equally. No, I am not signing up to be a Member of Woolworths.

Last edited:
I am a WW member and plan all my shops around it. Did the maths and it works for me. We shop once a month and plan to the point of a spread sheet. I cannot save without doing the work.
I don't fall for 2 for 1 unless I am in need of something. If I am, then stocking up is the answer.
IGA has been doing members prices for years. They don't have rewards as such. but do have a very good program for each outlet's local community. Just depends on your needs.
So, you really need to research what you want and where you want it from.
Costco won't deal with you at all if you a not a paying member. They allow a buddy to shop with that membership as well. I went for a sticky beak once. Some things were good value, some not. It's a great place to plan a shop if you have a family and can bulk buy certain things. They make great muffins by the way. My nephew brings his wife from Scone (1.5hr drive), just to Costco shop. They have 3 growing children and make the most of the membership.
Aldi is popular because of their pricing, however, I can never do a full shop there, and, the quality of some of their fresh produce can vary. I do prefer a one stop shop and find I can never do a monthly shop there without having to go elsewhere to fill the gaps.
We all have our own special requirements and preferences. Go with what makes the least stressful shop.

If people who drink a lot of cocoa cola plus other coffee and tea, suffer from heart palpitations, - it could be from too much caffeine, that a lot of doctors won't tell you about. If you study the sugar free (of anything) contents it usually contains the substitutes sweeteners that are just as bad for you.
Steer clear of Coles and Woolies
If only one could. There is no alternative where I live. Their open all hours trading has killed the small shopkeeper.

Can you honestly say you can taste the difference between brand named bread and Woolworths/Coles/Aldi bread? After a couple of loaves of their in-house bread your taste buds will adjust. So much of the whingeing here is just rubbish..
[/QUOTE]
I was not whingeing about the taste of bread. Just irritated by Woolworth's little scam to charge a dollar extra for 2 loaves if one were not a "member". A couple of weeks ago one did not have to be a Woolworth's "member" to get the 2-loave "discount" of $6 for two.

Just a quick question here - can you really, truly & honestly say you can taste the difference in different brands of bread? After a couple of loaves of a cheaper or own brand bread you won’t be missing that $3 bread taste, believe me. Some things are all in the mind.
What an odd and irrelevant comment!

I was not whingeing about the taste of bread. Just irritated by Woolworth's little scam to charge a dollar extra for 2 loaves if one were not a "member". A couple of weeks ago one did not have to be a Woolworth's "member" to get the 2-loave "discount" of $6 for two.
[/QUOTE]
My apologies then, I mistakenly read your post as coming across about taste & not about value.

If only one could. There is no alternative where I live. Their open all hours trading has killed the small shopkeeper.
That is the aim of the big two....they will be prepared to sell below cost till they kill the small business owner. Then they will set their own price, I know what their plan is..... I worked for them. Mongerels.....