Traveller's carry-on bag revealed a BIG secret during security scans – can you guess what it is?

Travelling with your furry friend is a great way to see the world and bond with your pet at the same time. However, there are certain rules and regulations you have to follow when taking Fido or Fifi on an aeroplane.

For example, in Australia, only service dogs are allowed in the passenger cabin of Qantas aircrafts. All other animals and pets have to travel in a separate area where the temperature and noise are similar to that of the cabin. Virgin Australia has similar policies in place for their flights as well.

But even following these guidelines doesn’t always mean everything will go smoothly during airport security checks...

A routine security inspection at an airport in Wisconsin came across an unusual find when an X-ray uncovered a 'bag of bones' in a carry-on bag.

FjUWA3wXEAMjMJu

A 'bag of bones' was found inside the baggage of one passenger who was boarding a flight. Credit: Twitter/TSA_GreatLakes.

However, when airport security took a closer look at the passenger's handbag, it was discovered that a dog was actually inside it…

'A dog was accidentally sent through the X-ray,' the airport security said in a verified tweet on Tuesday afternoon.

The agency claimed that passengers are supposed to remove all animals from their carrying cases before sending the empty cases through the screening machine.

The TSA warns: 'When travelling with any animal, notify your airline and know their rules.'

It was not clear how the dog got into the passenger's bag.

This has happened before. Last month, a similar incident was reported after a live cat was found trapped inside a suitcase.

The cat, named Smells, received a big reward for his ordeal; once he was discovered, the staff gave him a hearty meal.

Key Takeaways

• Airport security have found some interesting things in people's bags as of late.
  • A dog was found in a backpack at a security checkpoint.
  • The TSA advises that when travelling with any animal, you should notify your airline and know their rules.
  • In Australia, only service dogs are allowed in the cabin of a Qantas flight. All other animals must travel in the cargo hold of the aircraft.

Keeping our furry friends safe while travelling is not just important, but crucial. We wholeheartedly support practices that would ensure their comfort, happiness and safety in any circumstance, including while flying. These little creatures deserve nothing but the best care and attention during travel, don't you think?

If you ever encounter a similar incident to the story above, please inform the airline staff immediately so they can ‘rescue’ the dog and ensure it is properly taken care of.

There you have it, folks! It’s a bit bizarre, isn’t it? What are your thoughts on this? Share them with us in the comments below!

Sponsored
Travelling with your furry friend is a great way to see the world and bond with your pet at the same time. However, there are certain rules and regulations you have to follow when taking Fido or Fifi on an aeroplane.

For example, in Australia, only service dogs are allowed in the passenger cabin of Qantas aircrafts. All other animals and pets have to travel in a separate area where the temperature and noise are similar to that of the cabin. Virgin Australia has similar policies in place for their flights as well.

But even following these guidelines doesn’t always mean everything will go smoothly during airport security checks...

A routine security inspection at an airport in Wisconsin came across an unusual find when an X-ray uncovered a 'bag of bones' in a carry-on bag.

FjUWA3wXEAMjMJu

A 'bag of bones' was found inside the baggage of one passenger who was boarding a flight. Credit: Twitter/TSA_GreatLakes.

However, when airport security took a closer look at the passenger's handbag, it was discovered that a dog was actually inside it…

'A dog was accidentally sent through the X-ray,' the airport security said in a verified tweet on Tuesday afternoon.

The agency claimed that passengers are supposed to remove all animals from their carrying cases before sending the empty cases through the screening machine.

The TSA warns: 'When travelling with any animal, notify your airline and know their rules.'

It was not clear how the dog got into the passenger's bag.

This has happened before. Last month, a similar incident was reported after a live cat was found trapped inside a suitcase.

The cat, named Smells, received a big reward for his ordeal; once he was discovered, the staff gave him a hearty meal.

Key Takeaways

• Airport security have found some interesting things in people's bags as of late.
  • A dog was found in a backpack at a security checkpoint.
  • The TSA advises that when travelling with any animal, you should notify your airline and know their rules.
  • In Australia, only service dogs are allowed in the cabin of a Qantas flight. All other animals must travel in the cargo hold of the aircraft.

Keeping our furry friends safe while travelling is not just important, but crucial. We wholeheartedly support practices that would ensure their comfort, happiness and safety in any circumstance, including while flying. These little creatures deserve nothing but the best care and attention during travel, don't you think?

If you ever encounter a similar incident to the story above, please inform the airline staff immediately so they can ‘rescue’ the dog and ensure it is properly taken care of.

There you have it, folks! It’s a bit bizarre, isn’t it? What are your thoughts on this? Share them with us in the comments below!

Some people ought not to have animals at all. How cruel to put the dog through the Xray!

It is sad in Australia we cannot carry our small animals on board with us, like they do in America.
I have heard horror stories about animals dying in the luggage area where they go, if the pilot forgets to turn the heating on for them.

I had a pet rescued bird that travelled with me. Once I had to fly Darwin to Alice Springs return for work.
Pretty sure my bird did not enjoy the Darwin to Alice Springs flight as he was not himself for about three days afterwards. He also let me know that he did not want to be at the airport, and was acting very stressed out.
The gruff fellow I handed my poor frightened bird over to at Alice Springs Airport demanded that I pay him more money that I had been quoted when I booked over the phone. So I had to leave the bird with him whilst I looked for an ATM to draw out more money. I was horrified to discover when I had returned with the additional cash, that he had placed my bird with 3 great danes walking around sniffing my birds cage! The dogs were yet to be put in cages for the flight. I advised the man to please not frighten my bird, and not put him close with the dogs, or if he had to place my bird with the dogs, could he please cover the part of the cage next to the dogs if they were also going to Darwin.
To my complete horror on arrival to Darwin my bird did not arrive, and furthermire they could not tell me where my bird was! I stayed there until they could track him down which took a few hours. The awful gruff man at Alice Springs had sent my beautiful little bird to Adelaide with the dogs! I was mortified!
They flew my bird back the following day. He was not in good form. He just clung to me, in fact a friend who worked with birds thought he was a broach because he was so still as he clung onto& snuggled into me. She was so surprised it was my pet. She checked him out and advised that he was dehydrated. He did not want to eat. I eventually managed to get him to eat & drink.
I never flew him anywhere on the big airlines again. I had to find bird minders, as my job required me to travel a lot.
Tragically for me a reputable bird minder managed to 'loose' my very beloved, very tame, talkative bird only two days into her caring for him for five days. She and her husband had a house as well as a back yard full of birds in cages. They also ran the Colourful Bird Display in the Aviculture Hall at the Royal Darwin Show. I had advised this woman to please not to let him out of his cage for his stay with her. She told me he had let himself out & flew out the back door when she was bringing her washing in! However this is a story that I do not believe is completely true.

• Sad
Reactions: Defiant540