Transform your bathroom for $13: See how this Kmart shopper did it

Home renovations can often seem daunting and expensive, but one Kmart shopper has shown that you can achieve a stunning transformation on a small budget with creativity and a keen eye for bargains.

This clever individual took to social media to showcase their 'amazing' bathroom makeover, and it's safe to say that the results are nothing short of fabulous.

The shopper, a member of a popular social media group dedicated to Kmart home decor tricks, shared before-and-after photos of their bathroom's transformation.

The 8 Pack Vinyl Floor Tiles - Lisbon ($13) allowed the homeowner to refresh the bathroom without breaking the bank.

Once-dated 'swimming pool tiles' were updated to a modern and chic look using these Kmart adhesive tiles.

1719194469959.png
A Kmart shopper was praised on social media for a budget-friendly bathroom makeover using adhesive tiles. Credit: Kmart Decors / Facebook

The post quickly garnered attention, with many praising the budget-friendly glow-up.

‘Updated the swimming pool tiles in the bathroom with Kmart adhesives,' she said.

‘I’m really happy with them. I put them over my tiles, but I used a levelling adhesive, and then I grouted over the top.’

The new look is contemporary and breathes new life into the space, proving that you don't need to spend a fortune to impact your home's aesthetic significantly.

The online community quickly offered praise, with comments such as 'Looks amazing!' and 'You did a great job!' flooding in.

‘Looks fabulous, much better than the pool tiles.’ a social media user said.

While a few preferred the original blue tiles, the general consensus was positive, with many agreeing that the new look was a vast improvement.

‘I loved the pool tiles more!’ one said.

‘I loved the original... sorry,’ another said.

‘OMG, and there’s me loving the pool tile!’ a third added.

‘But great job. Hope it stands the test of time.’

Curious minds in the group were eager to learn more about the process, particularly regarding the durability of the adhesive tiles on the bathroom floor.

The original poster was happy to share her step-by-step experience, likening the process to laying a vinyl floor.

She used a levelling adhesive from Bunnings to ensure the tiles stuck well, followed by grouting to keep everything in place.

'I did look into it,' she reassured the group.

'Adhesives are problematic on kitchen splashbacks, not on bathroom floors.'
Despite the success story, some community members offered caution, reminding others to consider potential implications for insurance claims when using such products.

However, the Do-It-Yourself enthusiasts' thorough research and careful application mitigated these concerns.

The post concluded on a high note, with another member commenting, ‘Well done, they look beautiful.’

In a related story, a budget product helped a Queensland mum transform her grimy bathroom tiles to look like new.

This product significantly reduced her cleaning time, making the tiles sparkle in 30 minutes. Read more about this story here.
Key Takeaways
  • A Kmart shopper impressed social media with a budget-friendly bathroom renovation using adhesive tiles from Kmart.
  • The Do-It-Yourself project involved updating old tiles with Kmart's Lisbon adhesives for a contemporary look.
  • The renovation received praise online, though some users preferred the original tiles.
  • The shopper provided a step-by-step explanation of the process, reassuring others about the durability and suitability of the adhesive tiles for bathroom floors.
Have you undertaken a DIY project recently that you're particularly proud of? Perhaps you've found a clever way to update your home decor? Share your stories in the comments below.

Sponsored
Silliest thing I ever saw, the tiles might be out of fashion, but heaps better than cheap vinyl.

Reactions: what
The vinyl tiles are very thin,I bought some but not for heavy use. I stuck them over a glass coffee table that has too many scratches on it

Reactions: what
Are they "non slip"? A lot of bathroom floor tiles that are supposed to be "non slip" certainly aren't