Status
Not open for further replies.

Tragedy strikes suburb: A retired teacher's life taken in a violent shopping centre attack

In a shocking incident that has left a community in mourning, a retired teacher was brutally stabbed to death in front of her six-year-old granddaughter at a shopping centre in southwest Brisbane.

The victim, identified as 70-year-old Vyleen White, was a beloved figure known for her kindness and dedication to helping those in need.

On a seemingly ordinary Saturday evening, around 6:10 pm, emergency services were called to the Town Square Redbank Plains Shopping Centre.

They arrived to find a horrifying scene: Vyleen White lying in the centre's underground carpark with life-threatening injuries.

Despite their best efforts, she tragically succumbed to her wounds and passed away at the scene.

Screenshot 2024-02-05 094053.png
A violent incident at a shopping centre took the life of Vyleen While. Image source: Google Maps

The incident unfolded in front of White's six-year-old granddaughter, who was left unharmed but deeply traumatised.

In a heartbreaking revelation, White's daughter, Danice, shared her father's haunting final words to her mother.

He had suggested that White go to a different shopping centre that day.

'Dad says “Why don’t you go to Redbank plaza?”, if only she listened that day, it would have not been her,' Danice told the media.

Danice was waiting at her mother's home, anticipating an afternoon of Bible study together, when she received the devastating news.

'I'm struggling to control my thoughts right now,' she confessed.

425503689_779586527317181_4770104452337698398_n.jpg
The community has been lighting candles and offering flowers at the shopping centre. Image source: David Crisafulli MP/Facebook

Vyleen White was more than just a retired teacher; she was a pillar of her community, a woman who cared deeply for others.

She regularly prayed for and helped the homeless and was known for her compassionate nature. Her untimely death has left her family and community reeling, especially as she was about to celebrate her 50th wedding anniversary.

White was also a devoted partner, helping her long-time husband navigate the world after he fell blind. Her loss has left a void that will be hard to fill.

In the wake of this tragedy, Danice has called for increased police presence in shopping centres. She doesn't want 'anyone else to ever go through this again'.

Queensland Police Service Detective Acting Superintendent Heath McQueen described the incident as 'very harrowing' and assured that all available resources were being applied to the investigation.

The attacker, who is believed to have stolen a car shortly after the incident, has not been identified. However, a 15-year-old boy has been arrested amid the ongoing investigations. The police said the individual reached Ipswich Police Station at 9:30 pm on Sunday evening.

Here’s the latest update on this story upon publishing:

Key Takeaways
  • Vyleen White, a 70-year-old retired teacher and grandmother, was fatally stabbed in front of her six-year-old granddaughter in an underground carpark at Town Square Redbank Plains Shopping Centre.
  • Ms. White was known for her charitable nature, praying for and helping the homeless, and she was looking forward to celebrating her 50th wedding anniversary.
  • An investigation is underway for the perpetrator, who reportedly stole a car after the incident. The latest update is the arrest of a 15-year-old boy on Sunday evening.

Our thoughts and prayers are with Vyleen White’s family at this difficult time. May she rest in peace.

Sponsored
RIP Vyleen White.
No words for these criminals.
I have many words for them....unprintable in respect to SDC Guidelines.

Looking at these scumdogs, they are of Sudanese extraction, a race of sub human wannabee thugs who are gutless except when there are 5+ of them. Suddenly they grow balls of steel when they confront a 64 year old white Australian. Alas, those balls are soon turned to butter as two of them are laying on the ground while their "comrades" do the Usain Bolt down the main street of Dandenong.

RIP Vyleen White and commiserations to your family. 🌹

Yes it is where I go at times to shop and that particular part of the car park I felt the safest but alas there is no where safe anymore. Personally I hope even at their age the are tried as adults and get life. It is a shame we are not more like America is this respect where life in jail means life not like over here life is no where near life let be easy on the murders and stuff the innocent people. The did this and got out of her car 30 mins later not a look of remorse on any of them.

When we came to Australia as new migrants we were told if we broke the law and it was serious enough we would be deported whether we had taken citizenship or not, so how about it?
If they are too young to go on their own offer their parents to go with them it’ll be cheaper and better for us in the long run.
If the parents say no then the crims should be held in prison until they are the age to be sent back to where they should be.
We need to get serious about these people.

Last edited:
I just watched the news where the Dr tried to save the lady. He said the 6 year old was screaming for help and no one helped her except him ! What the hell is wrong with people that they don’t want to help that poor child ?
The thugs, one charged with murder the other 3 charged with unlawfully taking a car WHAT !
RIP Mrs White. Thoughts and prayers for the family especially the 6 year old.

1St Were Asians next were Tongans/Samons then Musslums Now Africans who next Im not racist but it seems like a trend
Firstly it was the Lebanese invading the southern and western suburbs of Sydney starting in the mid 1970s. Would you like me to post pics of scars I suffered from these pig dodging f**kwits from over 35 years ago?

• Sad
Reactions: DLHM and Fanger
I mentioned it, now I will follow through with it.

thumbnail_IMG_20240111_135313776.jpgthumbnail_IMG_20240111_135331744.jpg

That is my left arm showing a knife wound and burns from being set alight with petrol by Lebanese heroin dealers. This happened in 1990 at the same time. My right arm is the same but without a knife cut. This is the price you pay for taking an anti heroin stance - free tattoos I didn't ask for.

And people wonder why I'm so overtly racist towards certain ethnicities. There's the reason!

I sincerely hope these so called thugs are tried as adults, one committed murder, the others were all accomplices. They need to spend the rest of their lives in gaol. Or be deported with or without their parents and never allowed back into Australia. Hopefully they will not be allowed to plead any sort of mental issues. It is time mandatory life sentences were given to anyone who murders another person, whether premeditated or not, regardless of age, ethnic background, claimed mental health issues or any other reasons they concoct as to why they did it. Even if they confess or plead guilty they should be locked up for life. They should have only basic necessities provided, no extras like pay tv, phones etc etc. they should be placed in solitary confinement regularly as part of their punishment. the punishment needs to be harsh enough to be a deterrent to all the low life’s who commit these crimes. Judges need to grow some and start applying these sentences even if the governments are too scared to do it. The other option would be to hand these thugs over to the families of the victim and let them give them the biggest flogging they could without killing them, and then throw them in gaol for life. Governments and judges need to hang their heads in shame that they have allowed society to be taken over by these thugs because of the lenient treatment and sentences they get for the crimes they commit. Now another family is grieving and a six year old child has been traumatised for life because of the inaction of governments and judges.

Did they get jailed? As a victim of a serious crime, I hope you got assistance!?
No. We had an ongoing "war" with them for a couple of years. We pulled back when they discovered knives and firearms. So they went after the Vietnamese and when that stopped, they fought amongst themselves with 8 to 10 stabbed or shot to death. I don't give a shit if they killed hundreds of their own kind. Just too bad they didn't.

Reactions: Knell
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seniors Discount Club

The SDC searches for the best deals, discounts, and bargains for Aussies over 60. From everyday expenses like groceries and eating out, to electronics, fashion and travel, the club is all about helping you make your money go further.
  1. New members
  2. Jokes & fun
  3. Photography
  4. Nostalgia / Yesterday's Australia
  5. Food and Lifestyle
  6. Money Saving Hacks
  7. Offtopic / Everything else

Latest Articles

• We believe that retirement should be a time to relax and enjoy life, not worry about money. That's why we're here to help our members make the most of their retirement years. If you're over 60 and looking for ways to save money, connect with others, and have a laugh, we’d love to have you aboard.
  • Advertise with us

User Menu

Enjoyed Reading our Story?

• Share this forum to your loved ones.
Change Weather Postcode×
Change Petrol Postcode×