Tom Jones announces his 'Ages & Stages' tour! Will he be coming to your city?

Are you ready for a night of classic hits and the distinct baritone of Sir Tom Jones? The Welsh singer-songwriter and multiple Grammy Award winner is preparing to grace stages across Australia in 2024 with his 'Ages & Stages' tour!

The tour will be Jones' first venture in Australia since touring full houses across the country in 2016.

Fans of all ages can expect all of Jones' famous songs, including classics like 'It's Not Unusual', 'What's New Pussycat?', 'Delilah' and 'You Need Love Like I Do', plus a selection of tracks from some of his most recent albums.

Joining Tom Jones as a special guest on all tour dates is Germein, a trio of talented sisters from Adelaide who have captivated large audiences with their infectious melodies and powerful harmonies.

We know you’re excited about this tour, so without further ado, here are the dates of Jones’ tour:

‘Ages and Stages Tour’ will start in Perth on March 21 and end in Sydney on April 4. His performance in Bowral on March 23 will feature Delta Goodrem as a special guest.

photo (30).jpg
Sir Tom Jones announced his ‘Ages and Stages Tour’ in Australia. Credit: Tom Jones/Facebook

For the complete tour, ticket, and VIP Experience information, you can visit Live Nation’s website here.

If you’re a Live Nation Member, you’ll have access to the pre-sale, which commences on Wednesday, September 20 at 3 p.m. until Friday, September 22 at 1 p.m. General public tickets will go on sale on Friday, September 22, at 2 p.m.

Tom Jones' discography is as timeless and striking as the man himself. Bursting onto the music scene in the mid-1960s, this Welsh powerhouse quickly became an international sensation, boasting a career spanning six decades.

He has gifted the world with over 40 studio albums and several successful singles, making his music an integral part of our global cultural landscape.

357753954_828844991930645_3803229948246131612_n.jpg
Sir Tom Jones in his performance in Cardiff Castle last July. Credit: Tom Jones/Facebook

Jones' debut album, Along Came Jones, was released in 1965 and gave us the first taste of his soon-to-be legendary voice. His first single, 'It's Not Unusual', became an instant hit, climbing to number one in the UK Singles Chart and turning the singer into a household name.

It wasn't long before his music crossed the Atlantic, earning him primetime exposure in the United States, the world's biggest music market. The song entered the US Billboard Hot 100.

‘Because “It's Not Unusual” had brass on it, and I did “What's New Pussycat” after that...the public thinks, “Well, that's what Tom Jones is”,’ he said in an interview.

In the 1970s, he established a strong following in Las Vegas, where he performed in large hotels like Caesars Palace and the Flamingo. This is the decade when he released more hits like ‘Daughter of Darkness’ and ‘Say You’ll Stay Until Tomorrow’.

His 1999 compilation album, Reload, returned to mainstream success with collaborations with contemporary artists such as Stereophonics and the Cranberries.

In 2006, he was knighted by Queen Elizabeth II.

Arguably, one of Jones' most influential albums in his later career is Praise & Blame, released in 2010. Leaving behind his pop and show tunes roots, Jones journeyed into gospel and blues territory, revealing the depths of his musical versatility. His 2012 album called Spirit in the Room was also well-received.

Tom Jones has long cemented his status as a pop culture icon with a discography that remains relevant, fresh, and, above all, classic. His unique voice and dynamic performances have entertained millions around the globe.

Fans attending the 'Ages & Stages' tour in Australia 2024 will no doubt relish the chance to hear old and new songs, reflecting on the rich tapestry that is Tom Jones' illustrious career.

You can watch one of his classic hits here:

Key Takeaways
  • Tom Jones has confirmed the Australian dates for his ‘Ages & Stages’ tour.
  • This is Jones' first national tour since playing to packed houses across Australia in 2016.
  • Jones is also one of the headline acts for Bluesfest in Byron Bay across Easter 2024.
  • General public tickets go on sale on Friday, September 22 at 2 p.m., with a Live Nation pre-sale commencing on Wednesday, September 20 at 3 p.m.

It's been four years since Tom Jones' last tour, so be sure to get in quickly, as tickets to this unforgettable show will sell out fast! We’ll keep our eyes and ears glued to the details, so check back for updates!

Members, will you be heading to Tom Jones' Ages & Stages tour in Australia in 2024? Let us know in the comments below!

Sponsored
Are you ready for a night of classic hits and the distinct baritone of Sir Tom Jones? The Welsh singer-songwriter and multiple Grammy Award winner is preparing to grace stages across Australia in 2024 with his 'Ages & Stages' tour!

The tour will be Jones' first venture in Australia since touring full houses across the country in 2016.

Fans of all ages can expect all of Jones' famous songs, including classics like 'It's Not Unusual', 'What's New Pussycat?', 'Delilah' and 'You Need Love Like I Do', plus a selection of tracks from some of his most recent albums.

Joining Tom Jones as a special guest on all tour dates is Germein, a trio of talented sisters from Adelaide who have captivated large audiences with their infectious melodies and powerful harmonies.

We know you’re excited about this tour, so without further ado, here are the dates of Jones’ tour:

‘Ages and Stages Tour’ will start in Perth on March 21 and end in Sydney on April 4. His performance in Bowral on March 23 will feature Delta Goodrem as a special guest.

View attachment 30174
Sir Tom Jones announced his ‘Ages and Stages Tour’ in Australia. Credit: Tom Jones/Facebook

For the complete tour, ticket, and VIP Experience information, you can visit Live Nation’s website here.

If you’re a Live Nation Member, you’ll have access to the pre-sale, which commences on Wednesday, September 20 at 3 p.m. until Friday, September 22 at 1 p.m. General public tickets will go on sale on Friday, September 22, at 2 p.m.

Tom Jones' discography is as timeless and striking as the man himself. Bursting onto the music scene in the mid-1960s, this Welsh powerhouse quickly became an international sensation, boasting a career spanning six decades.

He has gifted the world with over 40 studio albums and several successful singles, making his music an integral part of our global cultural landscape.

View attachment 30175
Sir Tom Jones in his performance in Cardiff Castle last July. Credit: Tom Jones/Facebook

Jones' debut album, Along Came Jones, was released in 1965 and gave us the first taste of his soon-to-be legendary voice. His first single, 'It's Not Unusual', became an instant hit, climbing to number one in the UK Singles Chart and turning the singer into a household name.

It wasn't long before his music crossed the Atlantic, earning him primetime exposure in the United States, the world's biggest music market. The song entered the US Billboard Hot 100.

‘Because “It's Not Unusual” had brass on it, and I did “What's New Pussycat” after that...the public thinks, “Well, that's what Tom Jones is”,’ he said in an interview.

In the 1970s, he established a strong following in Las Vegas, where he performed in large hotels like Caesars Palace and the Flamingo. This is the decade when he released more hits like ‘Daughter of Darkness’ and ‘Say You’ll Stay Until Tomorrow’.

His 1999 compilation album, Reload, returned to mainstream success with collaborations with contemporary artists such as Stereophonics and the Cranberries.

Arguably, one of Jones' most influential albums in his later career is Praise & Blame, released in 2010. Leaving behind his pop and show tunes roots, Jones journeyed into gospel and blues territory, revealing the depths of his musical versatility. His 2012 album called Spirit in the Room was also well-received.

Tom Jones has long cemented his status as a pop culture icon with a discography that remains relevant, fresh, and, above all, classic. His unique voice and dynamic performances have entertained millions around the globe.

Fans attending the 'Ages & Stages' tour in Australia 2024 will no doubt relish the chance to hear old and new songs, reflecting on the rich tapestry that is Tom Jones' illustrious career.

Key Takeaways

• This is Jones' first national tour since playing to packed houses across Australia in 2016.
  • Jones is also one of the headline acts for Bluesfest in Byron Bay across Easter 2024.
  • General public tickets go on sale on Friday, September 22 at 2 p.m., with a Live Nation pre-sale commencing on Wednesday, September 20 at 3 p.m.

It's been four years since Tom Jones' last tour, so be sure to get in quickly, as tickets to this unforgettable show will sell out fast! We’ll keep our eyes and ears glued to the details, so check back for updates!

Members, will you be heading to Tom Jones' Ages & Stages tour in Australia in 2024? Let us know in the comments below!

I wish :)

My Mum too! And Engelbert Humperdinck, Sandy Scott and Andy Williams. How cringeworthy!
Omg my mother love Andy Williams and Sandy Scott and she actually saw them live. She also loved Engelbert Humperdinck . Definitely not my taste in music .
I told her once that they all sounded the same

going to problems finding those disabled parking spots on the night(?) he'll be shuffling to his stool for the night of stammering. Am guessing will be similar to Sinatra's twightlight years with teleprompters or cue cards with the words on it.

View attachment 30174

View attachment 30175

Key Takeaways

I wish he was coming to Queensland

Reactions: AlanQ
Omg my mother love Andy Williams and Sandy Scott and she actually saw them live. She also loved Engelbert Humperdinck . Definitely not my taste in music .
I told her once that they all sounded the same
Must have been a Riverwood thing. Mum and Gary Green's (Jacqueline) mother sitting in the backyard, drinking a flagon of sauturne wine on a hot summer's day, listening to this crud!

I was never into his music, my mother likes him .

I never understood why people called him a sex bomb

Give me Rod Stewart anytime , now even at his age he is dam sexy all the way.
Oh yeah baby😁that voice😍that hair😍that everything

Tom Jones was fantastic back in the sixties and seventies, but unlike the Stones, he is just an old bloke now and I have no desire to see him in concert.

Reactions: Gsr
I've seen a few YouTube videos from the Voice UK and he still has it in spades. Some singers, as they age, lose depth, clarity or range in their voices whereas others, or the lucky ones, develop a rich darkness that is so much more soulful. Others blessed this way are Shirley Bassey and Cleo Laine. Would love to see him live but sure to be out of my price range 😔

Reactions: Veggiepatch
I was never into his music, my mother likes him .

I never understood why people called him a sex bomb

Give me Rod Stewart anytime , now even at his age he is dam sexy all the way.
I was never into his music either. I think one of my older sisters was though. Give me Bruce Springsteen anytime. Now he's a sex bomb.😆

Reactions: Littleboy8
I've seen a few YouTube videos from the Voice UK and he still has it in spades. Some singers, as they age, lose depth, clarity or range in their voices whereas others, or the lucky ones, develop a rich darkness that is so much more soulful. Others blessed this way are Shirley Bassey and Cleo Laine. Would love to see him live but sure to be out of my price range 😔
I can't believe the price of live music these days.

In the late 1980s, we had Rose Tattoo, Split Enz and Cold Chisel on consecutive nights at the local pub. Tickets? Five dollar every night!

In November, there is a show at Frankston's Pier Hotel with a hardly mainstream alternative band that I want to see. At $51 per ticket, I feel it's a bit steep, considering I bought tickets for the Big Day Out for twice the price with dozens of bands to choose from over the almost 12 hour duration.