Tired of ironing? This simple ‘two-ingredient’ tip will help you avoid it for good!

Ironing clothes is one of those household chores that most people dread. It's time-consuming and tedious, and it's not exactly fun.

It's no wonder that many people are always on the lookout for ways to avoid ironing their clothes. But while there are a few methods that can help reduce the amount of ironing you have to do, there's no way you can completely avoid it.

So, how can we make the process less dreadful?

Super-organised mum Chantel Mila, better known as Mama Mila, has recently stunned social media after she shared her easy trick to smooth the creases out of clothes using a two-ingredient solution.

In a video posted on TikTok, the mum shared three 'life hacks' that she claims she 'wished she knew sooner'.

Credit: TikTok/@mama_mila_

The tricks include colour-coding your keys with nail polish to easily identify them and soaking hair brushes in a water and shampoo solution or spraying it with perfume so you can use it to freshen up your hair.

However, it was the second tip that got people talking...

The mum advises spraying a DIY 'ironing solution' made from one cup of water and 1 tablespoon of conditioner to wrinkled clothes before smoothing them out with your own hands.

And that's it! That's all you need to do to achieve a smooth garment that appears to have undergone ironing!

PSQ544OGNYSIlW6fmQl0Y36OnIk1lNNGSqBhgDaeI4vclUScIpl2jt6fOCt2eIaWED2v9trQiD0srX0OmqWKOJqFbsJdXvdpmPO9i6aWfTcNLCMPlaJtr1Esgpd7qqoq4HmoPm6RbOpCuUH2FAGIjw

Mama Mila claimed that you can easily smooth your wrinkled clothes out using your hands by spraying a DIY solution made from water and conditioner. Credit: TikTok/@mama_mila_.

The video captured the attention of thousands of users who were astounded by the simple yet effective tip.

One user wrote: 'I have to try number 2. Ironing is the worst!'

Others backed the claim, admitting that they have been doing the trick and vouching that it actually works.

'Hair conditioner? I've been doing water and fabric softener,' one claimed.

While some noted that the tip does not completely eliminate the wrinkles from your clothing, especially from extremely creased clothes, the magic trick can nevertheless save you time and energy because it reduces the amount of clothing that needs to be ironed.

Speaking of magic tricks, we would also like to take the opportunity to share some more useful tips to help you lessen the time you spend ironing:

1. Do a wrinkle test on any clothing you plan to purchase. Take a little piece of the fabric and scrunch it up to watch how wrinkly it becomes. Walk away if there are several creases.
2. Instead of hanging clothing that requires ironing, such as business shirts, on a line with pegs, place them on a coat hanger and allow them to air dry like that instead.
3. As soon as you remove your garments from the line, fold them. The creases will only become worse if you let them pile up in the laundry basket for days.
4. Place an ice cube in the dryer with the wrinkled garment for 15 minutes. The creases should be smoothed out by the steam.

Household chores don’t have to be so daunting! Learning a few simple tips can make your life so much easier. We recommend regularly checking out the Food and Lifestyle section of the SDC website to stay on top of some of the best 'life hacks' on the internet.

If you know other tips for easily smoothing out your clothes, please share them with us in the comments below so other members of the SDC can use them too!

Sponsored
If you hang out as soon as washing machine is finished then that should stop creases and fold washing as soon as it comes of the line.
You will see a major difference.

I fold as I'm taking the clothes of the line and looks like it's already ironed.

I still iron my sons business shirts and pants but still makes ironing much easier. I also fold these items when taking off the line.

If you leave in washing machine too long or leave in basket without folding , guaranteed it will crease

Ironing clothes is one of those household chores that most people dread. It's time-consuming and tedious, and it's not exactly fun.

It's no wonder that many people are always on the lookout for ways to avoid ironing their clothes. But while there are a few methods that can help reduce the amount of ironing you have to do, there's no way you can completely avoid it.

Super-organised mum Chantel Mila, better known as Mama Mila, has recently stunned social media after she shared her easy trick to smooth the creases out of clothes using a two-ingredient solution.

In a video posted on TikTok, the mum shared three 'life hacks' that she claims she 'wished she knew sooner'.

The tricks include colour-coding your keys with nail polish to easily identify them and soaking hair brushes in a water and shampoo solution or spraying it with perfume so you can use it to freshen up your hair.

The mum advises spraying a DIY 'ironing solution' made from one cup of water and 1 tablespoon of conditioner to wrinkled clothes before smoothing them out with your own hands.

And that's it! That's all you need to do to achieve a smooth garment that appears to have undergone ironing!

PSQ544OGNYSIlW6fmQl0Y36OnIk1lNNGSqBhgDaeI4vclUScIpl2jt6fOCt2eIaWED2v9trQiD0srX0OmqWKOJqFbsJdXvdpmPO9i6aWfTcNLCMPlaJtr1Esgpd7qqoq4HmoPm6RbOpCuUH2FAGIjw

Mama Mila claimed that you can easily smooth your wrinkled clothes out using your hands by spraying a DIY solution made from water and conditioner. Credit: TikTok/@mama_mila_.

The video captured the attention of thousands of users who were astounded by the simple yet effective tip.

Others backed the claim, admitting that they have been doing the trick and vouching that it actually works.

While some noted that the tip does not completely eliminate the wrinkles from your clothing, especially from extremely creased clothes, the magic trick can nevertheless save you time and energy because it reduces the amount of clothing that needs to be ironed.

Speaking of magic tricks, we would also like to take the opportunity to share some more useful tips to help you lessen the time you spend ironing:

1. Do a wrinkle test on any clothing you plan to purchase. Take a little piece of the fabric and scrunch it up to watch how wrinkly it becomes. Walk away if there are several creases.
2. Instead of hanging clothing that requires ironing, such as business shirts, on a line with pegs, place them on a coat hanger and allow them to air dry like that instead.
3. As soon as you remove your garments from the line, fold them. The creases will only become worse if you let them pile up in the laundry basket for days.
4. Place an ice cube in the dryer with the wrinkled garment for 15 minutes. The creases should be smoothed out by the steam.

Household chores don’t have to be so daunting! Learning a few simple tips can make your life so much easier. We recommend regularly checking out the Food and Lifestyle section of the SDC website to stay on top of some of the best 'life hacks' on the internet.

If you know other tips for easily smoothing out your clothes, please share them with us in the comments below so other members of the SDC can use them too!

Nothing beats freshly iron clothes.

Reactions: Ezzy, Liz and Ricci

The other option for ironing, grow old and don’t bother. Let the fashion police turn up their noses. If you dress like a refugee you can claim to be an artist. Who said clothes had to be ironed anyway? Time is too precious for such mundane things as ironing.

I haven't lifted an iron for about 30 years, modern fabrics just don't need ironing

I take the creases out of my clothes when I hang them on the clothes line while they are damp it makes it easy, I find that there is very few creases when they dry. I then lie them on a table run my hands the length an width of the garments, turn it over do the same on the other side, job done. Fold them up and put them away (I don't wear business clothing only casual clothes).

Reactions: Ezzy and Ricci