THREE EASY SALADS

I want to share three salads that family and friends love and are 3 staples at our gatherings.
These are salads people buy pre packed and I'm going to show you how easy it is to make your own and cheaper 😏
Screenshot_20230721_084327_Instagram.jpgScreenshot_20230721_084347_Instagram.jpg

Creamy Pasta Salad

INGREDIENTS

250g pasta eg shells, spirals even penne pasta.
1 tablespoon lemon juice
310 can corn kernels
1/2 red capsicum chopped
1 carrot grated
1 stick celery chopped
3 heaped tablespoon light sour cream
3/4 of a 340g jar of mayonnaise

Method
1. Cook pasta and rinse under cold water

2. Put pasta in a bowl and add all other ingredients to it and gently mix through.

Will keep in fridge covered for 5 days

POTATO SALAD

Ingredients

4 Medium potatoes cut into bite size pieces
1 medium onion chopped
1/4 cup of fresh mint chopped
Coleslaw to taste around 1/4 to 1/2 cup

Method

1. Bring a pot of water to boil , then add potatoes and pinch of salt. Cook until cooked but still firm . Usually around 8 minutes . Drain and cool under cold water

2 . Add potatoes to a bowl and add all other ingredients and enough coleslaw to make moist

will keep covered in fridge for several days.

SEAFOOD SALAD

Ingredients

500g Seafood Extender
1 cup of lettuce chopped
1 cucumber chopped
1 small capsicum 🫑 chopped red or green
1 small red onion chopped
1/2 cup mint finely chopped
2 shallots sliced thin
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 small Avacado sliced thin ( optional)

Method
1. Easy mix all ingredients together in a bowl .
Will keep for 2 days covered in fridge

Picture below is of food I cooked over 2 days for a small party

Screenshot_20230721_084425_Instagram.jpg

Sponsored
I want to share three salads that family and friends love and are 3 staples at our gatherings.
These are salads people buy pre packed and I'm going to show you how easy it is to make your own and cheaper 😏
View attachment 25609View attachment 25610

Creamy Pasta Salad

INGREDIENTS

250g pasta eg shells, spirals even penne pasta.
1 tablespoon lemon juice
310 can corn kernels
1/2 red capsicum chopped
1 carrot grated
1 stick celery chopped
3 heaped tablespoon light sour cream
3/4 of a 340g jar of mayonnaise

Method
1. Cook pasta and rinse under cold water

2. Put pasta in a bowl and add all other ingredients to it and gently mix through.

Will keep in fridge covered for 5 days

POTATO SALAD

Ingredients

4 Medium potatoes cut into bite size pieces
1 medium onion chopped
1/4 cup of fresh mint chopped
Coleslaw to taste around 1/4 to 1/2 cup

Method

1. Bring a pot of water to boil , then add potatoes and pinch of salt. Cook until cooked but still firm . Usually around 8 minutes . Drain and cool under cold water

2 . Add potatoes to a bowl and add all other ingredients and enough coleslaw to make moist

will keep covered in fridge for several days.

SEAFOOD SALAD

Ingredients

500g Seafood Extender
1 cup of lettuce chopped
1 cucumber chopped
1 small capsicum 🫑 chopped red or green
1 small red onion chopped
1/2 cup mint finely chopped
2 shallots sliced thin
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 small Avacado sliced thin ( optional)

Method
1. Easy mix all ingredients together in a bowl .
Will keep for 2 days covered in fridge

Picture below is of food I cooked over 2 days for a small party

View attachment 25611
Like seafood you got me there, but instead Mayo I.added olive oil and little 🍋

Like seafood you got me there, but instead Mayo I.added olive oil and little 🍋
Love these types of salads another homemade sauce is to mix with this is : 4 Tablespoons of Mayo 1 Teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce 2 Tablespoons of Tomato sauce pepper to taste mix it all together,( quantities may vary depending on salad size, ) mix this sauce into the salad or use it as a dipping sauce for all seafood, Prawns, Crab and lobster, enjoy.

Love these salads - I also use olive oil, lemon and Italian herbs in my pasta salad. For the seafood salad I use seafood mayo dressing - I use similar ingredients as your potato salad - once again thank you Suzanne for all these different recipes :)

My tribe love my salads just like the tasty morsels we're shown here. It really is so much easier to make your own fresh platters as you know they are fresh and flavoursome. All you need to do is be organised, check your pantry for staples then purchase a few goodies. The great factor is you can.prepare a day or so in advance to save any last minute rush so you can not only feed your guest's but have the time to enjoy their company. Now all that is missing is a nice glass of wine 🍷 🙂

My tribe love my salads just like the tasty morsels we're shown here. It really is so much easier to make your own fresh platters as you know they are fresh and flavoursome. All you need to do is be organised, check your pantry for staples then purchase a few goodies. The great factor is you can.prepare a day or so in advance to save any last minute rush so you can not only feed your guest's but have the time to enjoy their company. Now all that is missing is a nice glass of wine 🍷 🙂
A red is good

Great looking salads and I don’t doubt very tasty can’t wait to try them .
Just one question about salads that are dished up in most restaurants and pubs these days, dose anyone really enjoy them, in my opinion they are absolutely rubbish a plate full of leaves and weeds that are bitter as hell, I mentioned weeds this being rocket, not even snails will eat this weed and also grows wild on your lawn, these so called salads are an insult and it’s about time restaurants served up decent salads like coleslaw mmm and lettuce tomatoes