This woman reveals common item found in every Aussie kitchen: ‘What witchcraft is this?

As cliché as it may sound, home is where the heart is.

The kitchen, in particular, is one space where great meals are cooked, and fun moments have been shared.

While different homes may have similar 'distinct' features, it's not common for any two to share the same characteristics—unless, of course, we’re talking about the same street; that might be an entirely different matter!

Recently, a young Australian woman noticed a striking similarity between the inside of her kitchen drawers and those of every other household Down Under.

In a video, she revealed that the common feature in all Aussie kitchens is the arrangement of items inside the drawers.

For her, this habit is a 'generational gift that gets passed down’.

'That is the one thing I took away from my Aussie upbringing,' the woman shared.

photo (1).jpg
Thousands of Aussies are just now realising that they organise their kitchen drawers in the same manner. Image source: TikTok/@hollyprasslerr

The footage showed the organised setup of utensils, cutlery and other kitchen items in a series of drawers.

The top drawer contained cutlery, including knives, forks, spoons, and teaspoons.

Moving to the second drawer, various cooking utensils such as whisks, graters, and stirrers were neatly arranged.

The third drawer was dedicated to items essential for food storage and preparation, such as baking paper, cling wrap, and aluminium foil.

Lastly, the bottom drawer served as a storage space for miscellaneous items such as tea towels, napkins, and batteries.

It wasn't long before the video became popular, with thousands of shares and comments in agreement.

One viewer asked, ‘Why are all Aussie draws the same?’ seconded by another, ‘How does everyone have the exact same order, that's amazing.’

'Oh my, mine is exactly the same. What witchcraft is this?' one woman wrote.

But not everyone could agree on the specifics, as some argued that the bottom drawer should be reserved strictly for towels, while others took issue with a few of the details of the woman's particular set-up.

‘Being triggered because there's no tea towel drawer,’ a commenter said.

One man pointed out, ‘What is that set-up? It goes from left to right knife, fork, spoon… not spoon, fork, knife!’

Another person mentioned: ‘I think the rule is that the bottom drawer should have a few loose, random batteries (which died years ago, but never got thrown out ... just in case) scattered amongst the other junk. The rest is as per the Aussie drawer instruction manual.’

Video source: TikTok/@hollyprasslerr

Meanwhile, some viewers playfully questioned the absence of certain items in the drawers.

‘Where is the drawer full of paper bags from Woolies?’ joked another woman, while others let curiosity take hold, asking: ‘What does everyone else do?’

Key Takeaways

• A young woman named Holly, has amused thousands with a video pointing out a common organisation method in Australian kitchens.
  • The video highlighted a common drawer hierarchy: cutlery in the top drawer, cooking utensils in the second, baking paper and aluminium foil in the third, and miscellaneous items in the bottom drawer.
  • Many commenters agreed with the observation, although some argued that the bottom drawer is traditionally for storing tea towels.
  • The video led to a wider discussion about how kitchen drawers are organised in different countries.
Members, how do you organise your kitchen items in your drawers? What comes first, and what follows as the second, third, and fourth?

Share your comments below!

Sponsored
The bottom drawer is for all the things that have no where else to go, towels go in the linen cupboard.
My tea towels go in the linen cupboard also. But the other drawers are pretty much the same. Except top drawer has (l to r) knives, forks, spoons & soup spoons and the full length slot in the top drawer has serving spoons, serving forks, peelers, etc. It's my way of putting cutlery in and I have two full sets of cutlery in the top drawer for when we have our children, partners and grandchildren over.

The kitchen, in particular, is one space where great meals are cooked, and fun moments have been shared.

While different homes may have similar 'distinct' features, it's not common for any two to share the same characteristics—unless, of course, we’re talking about the same street; that might be an entirely different matter!

Recently, a young Australian woman noticed a striking similarity between the inside of her kitchen drawers and those of every other household Down Under.

In a video, she revealed that the common feature in all Aussie kitchens is the arrangement of items inside the drawers.

'That is the one thing I took away from my Aussie upbringing,' the woman shared.

View attachment 34594
Thousands of Aussies are just now realising that they organise their kitchen drawers in the same manner. Image source: TikTok/@hollyprasslerr

The footage showed the organised setup of utensils, cutlery and other kitchen items in a series of drawers.

The top drawer contained cutlery, including knives, forks, spoons, and teaspoons.

Moving to the second drawer, various cooking utensils such as whisks, graters, and stirrers were neatly arranged.

The third drawer was dedicated to items essential for food storage and preparation, such as baking paper, cling wrap, and aluminium foil.

Lastly, the bottom drawer served as a storage space for miscellaneous items such as tea towels, napkins, and batteries.

It wasn't long before the video became popular, with thousands of shares and comments in agreement.

One viewer asked, ‘Why are all Aussie draws the same?’ seconded by another, ‘How does everyone have the exact same order, that's amazing.’

But not everyone could agree on the specifics, as some argued that the bottom drawer should be reserved strictly for towels, while others took issue with a few of the details of the woman's particular set-up.

One man pointed out, ‘What is that set-up? It goes from left to right knife, fork, spoon… not spoon, fork, knife!’

Another person mentioned: ‘I think the rule is that the bottom drawer should have a few loose, random batteries (which died years ago, but never got thrown out ... just in case) scattered amongst the other junk. The rest is as per the Aussie drawer instruction manual.’

Meanwhile, some viewers playfully questioned the absence of certain items in the drawers.

‘Where is the drawer full of paper bags from Woolies?’ joked another woman, while others let curiosity take hold, asking: ‘What does everyone else do?’

Key Takeaways

• A young woman named Holly, has amused thousands with a video pointing out a common organisation method in Australian kitchens.
  • The video highlighted a common drawer hierarchy: cutlery in the top drawer, cooking utensils in the second, baking paper and aluminium foil in the third, and miscellaneous items in the bottom drawer.
  • Many commenters agreed with the observation, although some argued that the bottom drawer is traditionally for storing tea towels.
  • The video led to a wider discussion about how kitchen drawers are organised in different countries.
Members, how do you organise your kitchen items in your drawers? What comes first, and what follows as the second, third, and fourth?

Hysterical thousands Eh?? Words fail me!

My four kitchen drawers are exactly as the article reads. It’s a mother thing, we were all taught general house-keeping at home before attending school. Then in the Domestic Science room I saw the drawers with the same regime of items!

• Love
Reactions: bluetang
Top drawer is from left, knives, forks, spoons. 2nd drawer is miscellaneous utensils, like some sharp knives, measuring cups & spoons. 3rd drawer is sandwich bags, alfoil and cling wrap. 4th drawer has batteries, sticky tape, string, elastic bands..... 🤣

Top drawer is from left, knives, forks, spoons. 2nd drawer is miscellaneous utensils, like some sharp knives, measuring cups & spoons. 3rd drawer is sandwich bags, alfoil and cling wrap. 4th drawer has batteries, sticky tape, string, elastic bands..... 🤣
My kitchen drawers are pretty much in that order especially the left to right order of cutlery. Bottom drawer has the sandwich bags etc but my foil, baking paper and large roll of cling wrap go under the sink on a shelf we put in around the drain pipe.

Bottom drawer - garbage and other plastic bags. Candles and cyalume light sticks for emergency lighting.

3rd drawer - tea towels, butane gas for a single burner camping stove, and foil, baking paper, cling wrap.

2nd grater, stirrers, whisk etc and other superfluous kitchen gadgets.

Top drawer - cutlery (in knife, fork spoon order from left to right plus a few extras.

View attachment 34594

Key Takeaways

View attachment 34594

Key Takeaways

What else are you going to put in them 🤔 they are there to keep the benchtops and table free off shit that doesn't need to be there 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Mine used to be exactly like that. But since we moved house I have so many drawers it all changed. There are a set of three wide drawers. The top cutlery drawer has space at each side to store larger knives, whisks etc. Next drawer down I store medications and the first aid box and the bottom drawer has plastic storage containers. Another drawer under the microwave has the tin foil, Glad wrap etc. Then I have three more wide drawers in the Butlers pantry - top drawer has the cups, second drawer the tea selections and the coffee and the bottom drawer the tea towels and table cloths. We even have a ’secret drawer’ in the pullout cupboard where the waste bins sit. Definitely no shortage of storage here. I love it, we’re so lucky

List of contents in my kitchen drawers.......
1. Cutlery. 2. Table mats and coasters. 3. Kitchen utensils. 4. Cling film, baking sheets, sandwich bags. All linen in linen cupboard. The routine has been like that since my childhood days.

Ah, my set of kitchen drawers holds a collection of so many useless and sometimes used gizmos along with the useful ones. I need to revise..I do..

View attachment 34594

Key Takeaways

Even as an old fogey now, who previously left kitchen management to Mum when I was younger, and to Hot Lips later, now that I am alone I still organise my kitchen drawers as suggested, although teaspoons and smaller items are in the front. I seemed to have collected a lot of super-sharp knives lately (they are excellent), but my drawers are almost overflowing. Beware any would-be robbers.

List of contents in my kitchen drawers.......
1. Cutlery. 2. Table mats and coasters. 3. Kitchen utensils. 4. Cling film, baking sheets, sandwich bags. All linen in linen cupboard. The routine has been like that since my childhood days.
Your kitchen organization sounds well-planned! Here's a quick addition: 5. Cup coasters. It's great to maintain routines from childhood for a well-organized kitchen.