This woman’s ‘biohack’ is convenient — and the internet is NOT having it

‘Look, my hand’s a key.’

That is one sentence guaranteed to earn you a weird look, at the very least, if ever you end up uttering it aloud in the company of others.

Well, given recent developments, you might have a reason to do so if you ever fancy getting a microchip implanted on your hand.

Take the example of TikTok user Burgundy Waller (or @Chipgirlhere), who took to the platform to detail how her microchip implant works.

The footage shows her walking through her huge modern house, unlocking doors by waving her hand over a sensor – no key necessary!

‘I have a chip in my hand that's used as a key to unlock everything in our house,’ she explains nonchalantly in the video.

aXv_-X1o1MlEPN3GlIE2Jj0YSYTgTjfWSRykLDm8zgy5pNJK6RfBApXOTsNFDMRv68buwvPF-x21Lam9aVKffPnAMDR0AQOANdTt1M7UwTuP3rtY0g3S9MY61bciKDLwojMKVTDGfUfH_Vg2XS7h-zbODXUSpZd55dRHnJIVWfkh1-8VAvscfTTKTQ

Burgundy Waller modified her U.S. home — and her hand — with microchip technology. Credit:
TikTok/@chipgirlhere

As well as doors, one clip shows her unlocking furniture with just a wave of her hand – talk about futuristic!

She goes on to explain that the ‘whole house’ has chip access at the moment as it is just ‘proof of concept’.

Source: TikTok/@chipgirlhere​

The post, which has 1.5 million hearts (likes), over 20,000 shares, and almost 16,000 comments, has been viewed a whopping 10 million times!

Her boyfriend, aptly named @chipguyhere on TikTok, also has a similar implant on the back of his hand.

You would think her tech-savvy display of the potentials — and dare we say, realities — of microchips would mostly go over well, but that doesn’t seem to be the case.

The top comment reads: ‘We’re in scary times.’

‘The government is going to loveeeeeee this,’ the next one said, in reference to persistent conspiracy theories of governments using similar technology for state-sponsored surveillance (sound familiar?).

More than one user also noted that Burgundy’s home tech-hack was eerily similar to British television series Black Mirror, which has gained a cult following among fans of the dystopian genre of TV shows for its depiction of how technologies can go awry.

Not all is doom and gloom though, since few did find the video ‘the coolest thing ever’, as well as ‘so innovative’!

Others also found humour in the post.

‘Man I need this for my snacks with six kids, always trying to get my stuff lol,’ wrote one amused parent.

Another commenter jokingly wrote: ‘I'm just trying to get a new dirt bike helmet, these guys got robo hand over here.’ Honestly, same!

In a more recent TikTok post, Burgundy also took time to address the loads of questions spurred by her earlier video. We’re sure you have them too!

Apparently, the chips can also be removed should they wish to do so. They also have a limited range, which means they don’t risk opening one door in the house while trying to open another.

Moving houses also isn’t a problem for them, as quite confidently, she said they could just reprogram things at their new location.

But how about when the power goes out? Or when they need to get scanned at a hospital? Watch this video below for more of her answers!

Source: TikTok/@chipgirlhere

What do you think of how Burgundy modified her home — and her body? Is it something you’re willing to do if ever given the chance?

Or is this one innovation you’d rather do without? We think we’ll sit this one out…

Tell us your thoughts and opinions below!

Sponsored
I think this is taking humanity away from us. We’re turning into robots. Just because someone has come up with the technology to do things like this doesn’t mean we should use it. It’s cleverness for it’s own sake and not because it adds anything to our lives.

Think this is a rubbish idea. And do we actually know she has a chip or are the doors already unlocked. Another example of chasing attention. Not sure if too many doctors would agree to doing this but I guess if there is enough money. Don't believe everything you see, as the saying goes.

‘Look, my hand’s a key.’

That is one sentence guaranteed to earn you a weird look, at the very least, if ever you end up uttering it aloud in the company of others.

Well, given recent developments, you might have a reason to do so if you ever fancy getting a microchip implanted on your hand.

Take the example of TikTok user Burgundy Waller (or @Chipgirlhere), who took to the platform to detail how her microchip implant works.

The footage shows her walking through her huge modern house, unlocking doors by waving her hand over a sensor – no key necessary!

‘I have a chip in my hand that's used as a key to unlock everything in our house,’ she explains nonchalantly in the video.

Burgundy Waller modified her U.S. home — and her hand — with microchip technology. Credit: TikTok/@chipgirlhere

As well as doors, one clip shows her unlocking furniture with just a wave of her hand – talk about futuristic!

She goes on to explain that the ‘whole house’ has chip access at the moment as it is just ‘proof of concept’.

The post, which has 1.5 million hearts (likes), over 20,000 shares, and almost 16,000 comments, has been viewed a whopping 10 million times!

Her boyfriend, aptly named @chipguyhere on TikTok, also has a similar implant on the back of his hand.

You would think her tech-savvy display of the potentials — and dare we say, realities — of microchips would mostly go over well, but that doesn’t seem to be the case.

‘The government is going to loveeeeeee this,’ the next one said, in reference to persistent conspiracy theories of governments using similar technology for state-sponsored surveillance (sound familiar?).

More than one user also noted that Burgundy’s home tech-hack was eerily similar to British television series Black Mirror, which has gained a cult following among fans of the dystopian genre of TV shows for its depiction of how technologies can go awry.

Not all is doom and gloom though, since few did find the video ‘the coolest thing ever’, as well as ‘so innovative’!

‘Man I need this for my snacks with six kids, always trying to get my stuff lol,’ wrote one amused parent.

Another commenter jokingly wrote: ‘I'm just trying to get a new dirt bike helmet, these guys got robo hand over here.’ Honestly, same!

In a more recent TikTok post, Burgundy also took time to address the loads of questions spurred by her earlier video. We’re sure you have them too!

Apparently, the chips can also be removed should they wish to do so. They also have a limited range, which means they don’t risk opening one door in the house while trying to open another.

Moving houses also isn’t a problem for them, as quite confidently, she said they could just reprogram things at their new location.

But how about when the power goes out? Or when they need to get scanned at a hospital? Watch this video below for more of her answers!

What do you think of how Burgundy modified her home — and her body? Is it something you’re willing to do if ever given the chance?

Or is this one innovation you’d rather do without? We think we’ll sit this one out…

Reactions: Senor and Ricci
why put a chip in the body at all most ppl who want that kind of access already have the mobile phone glued to the ear, pocket or purse. It can act as the same thing using near field technology same as the implants . its just another lets do shit for social media likes (monetisation) etc

This has already happened in Sweden where thousands have voluntarily been implanted. Like it or not, this will happen as physical money will become obsolete and 'Big Brother' will happily monitor you.

Get used to the forthcoming 'new' reality as unfortunately the choice won't be yours 

‘Look, my hand’s a key.’

Burgundy Waller modified her U.S. home — and her hand — with microchip technology. Credit: TikTok/@chipgirlhere

Reactions: Ricci
Are the negative comments a little hypocritical? After all, we microchip our dogs and cats, the car has a micro number engraved onto the windows to avoid theft, the motorbike, bicycle and anything else I want can have microdots painted on to identify them as mine. I can choose to say “bring it on and go the government” or join the “woooooo, government spying on me” brigade. I would be happy to have a chip which can identify me, open my doors, be my Medicare card, seniors card, and any other card which doesn’t access my money. And if they can program it to start my car or be programmed as my proximity unit for my Harley, so much the better!

Reactions: Cher and Ricci
‘Look, my hand’s a key.’

aXv_-X1o1MlEPN3GlIE2Jj0YSYTgTjfWSRykLDm8zgy5pNJK6RfBApXOTsNFDMRv68buwvPF-x21Lam9aVKffPnAMDR0AQOANdTt1M7UwTuP3rtY0g3S9MY61bciKDLwojMKVTDGfUfH_Vg2XS7h-zbODXUSpZd55dRHnJIVWfkh1-8VAvscfTTKTQ

Burgundy Waller modified her U.S. home — and her hand — with microchip technology. Credit:
TikTok/@chipgirlhere

Source: TikTok/@chipgirlhere​

Have you not read FAHRENHEIT 451 by Ray Bradbury? If not, borrow frm yr library or buy in ebay today. It is our future (one version) if not already here. A film was made in 1960s and a remake in 2018.
Originally published in 1953, it is still relevant, and entertaining, 70 yrs on.
It was in my school Reading list in 1968.

Should you have your Partner, Husband, Children or close friends “ Chipped” , then experience a breakup, divorce, drugged/violent Children, etc. How do you cancel or get back the chip? I suppose you could have a replacement, but at what inconvenience and cost?