This new KFC burger is driving fans wild: ‘I’ve never seen anything like this’!

KFC, the fast-food giant known for its finger-lickin’ good chicken, is stirring up among its Australian fans with the introduction of a new, unique menu item.

The Wafu Cutlet Burger, a popular choice in Japan, is making its debut Down Under, and it's unlike anything KFC Australia has offered before.

The Wafu Cutlet Burger is a culinary delight that combines the best of Japanese and Western flavours.

It features a deep-fried panko-crusted chicken fillet, which is drenched in teriyaki sauce just before serving.

Screenshot 2024-02-01 091329.png
The new Wafu Cutlet Burger from KFC can only be accessible through its Secret Menu. Image: TikTok/@Stevie2Shoes2

The chicken is then nestled between a whole wheat bun and topped with freshly shredded cabbage and mayonnaise, creating a fusion of flavours that's sure to tantalise your taste buds.

The burger has been a staple on KFC menus in Japan, where it's considered one of the country's 'most iconic burgers'.

Now, Australian KFC fans are eagerly awaiting the chance to sink their teeth into this unique creation.

The Wafu Cutlet Burger was discovered on the Secret Menu of the KFC app through social media, sparking a wave of excitement among KFC enthusiasts.

However, in an unusual twist, it appears that fans will need to sign up for a waiting list to get their hands on this new item.

In one video, a man shared this discovery, saying: 'It looks like we're getting a new burger straight from KFC Japan, the Wafu Cutlet Burger. I found this out because if you head to the secret menu on the KFC app, like I do every day, you can sign up for a waiting list.'

‘And apparently, KFC might get in touch with you—which is an interesting way to launch a burger, to say the least.’

‘Anyways, I do happen to speak a little Japanese, and I looked on KFC Japan’s website, and it looks like this burger has a crumb chicken patty with teriyaki sauce, mayonnaise and cabbage, which are all pretty traditional toppings for chicken katsu.’

He continued: ‘Who knows if I’ll get to try it out early? But I’m keen to see it come over regardless.’

The fan of the chicken joint also shared a vision of the sign-up page that KFC has on its Secret Menu page.

‘It’s submerged in teriyaki sauce just before serving. Which is probably why it’s one of KFC Japan’s most iconic burgers. Interested? Send us your details, and we might be in touch,’ the vision reads.

The news of the Wafu Cutlet Burger's arrival has been met with enthusiasm from KFC fans.

Comments like 'That sounds delicious,' 'I've never seen anything like this, wild,' and 'Let me at it' have flooded social media.

Meanwhile, KFC has remained coy about the new menu item.

A spokesperson shared: 'Are we bringing the Wafu Cutlet to Australia? Or has the Colonel taken an overseas trip and added some exotic spice to the KFC App?’

‘We can’t confirm any of these questions, but what we can say is that we’re always cooking up something new and exciting, so keep your eyes peeled and check in regularly on the KFC app, as you never know what you might find.'

The Secret Menu on the KFC app is a hidden feature that offers exclusive items not available on the regular menu.

To access it, users need to open the KFC Mobile App, select the store and begin their online order.

On the menu page, they need to scroll down to refresh the screen and hold it for 8-10 seconds.

A message will then appear at the top saying, 'SSSHHH! What secret menu?!' Users can then press 'Unlock' to access the secret menu.

You can watch the man’s full video below:

Source: TikTok/@Stevie2Shoes2​

Key Takeaways
  • KFC is set to introduce a new Wafu Cutlet Burger in Australia, which has been popular in Japan and is available through a Secret Menu on the KFC app.
  • To potentially try the new burger, customers have to sign up to a waiting list via the app, as shared by a social media user.
  • The Wafu Cutlet Burger consists of a deep-fried panko-covered chicken fillet with teriyaki sauce, mayonnaise, and shredded cabbage, served on a whole wheat bun.
  • KFC has not officially confirmed the burger's launch but hints at something new and exciting coming up, urging fans to regularly check the app for updates.

So, KFC fans, are you ready to take your taste buds on a journey to Japan with the Wafu Cutlet Burger? Let us know in the comments below!

Sponsored
Sl rarely buy take away but yesterday l tried the Red Rooster promotion chicken and it was really nice. It’s a new coating with a choice of 3 flavours, highly recommend it.

Reactions: Granny*Deb
Don't eat KFC. It is shocking for your health (along with most other fast foods). Why the hell would you ever contemplate eating food that has been cooked with seed oil leave alone the content of the crumbing? The mind boggles. Don't concern yourself with what KFC are doing and what they are not doing. It does not matter. Make your own good foods and snacks at home with real food cooked in real oils.

Reactions: siameezer
Why does your email say “KFC HAS ‘DROPPED’ A NEW ITEM”?
I took dropped to mean discontinued but on going to the link I find the you apparently mean they have “INTRODUCED” a new item. I have never heard “DROPPED” used in your sense of the word. Has anyone else?

Don't eat KFC. It is shocking for your health (along with most other fast foods). Why the hell would you ever contemplate eating food that has been cooked with seed oil leave alone the content of the crumbing? The mind boggles. Don't concern yourself with what KFC are doing and what they are not doing. It does not matter. Make your own good foods and snacks at home with real food cooked in real oils.
So are cucumbers. While being over 90% water, they can be life threatening as far as allergies go.

I took dropped to mean discontinued but on going to the link I find the you apparently mean they have “INTRODUCED” a new item. I have never heard “DROPPED” used in your sense of the word. Has anyone else?
They will just pick it up off the floor and sell it anyway....

• Haha
Reactions: June E
Yep I have heard it used that way ... it really is not uncommon.

Reactions: Littleboy8