S

Sean Camara

This mum took justice into her own hands and stabbed the paedophile, who abused her children, to death

Members, please note this story contains discussions that may be distressing to some readers.

We here at the Seniors Discount Club believe that everyone deserves a happy, safe, and fulfilling life – especially our children and grandchildren. They are truly the future of our nation (and the world), and it’s our responsibility as adults to ensure that they grow up in an environment where they feel protected, comfortable, and free to be themselves.

Parents and grandparents would often do anything to protect their youngsters from harm – even if it means putting their own lives at risk.

So, it's no surprise that one mother in the United Kingdom took drastic measures after finding out that her neighbour had been sexually abusing her children.

Before proceeding to read the rest of the article, we just want to remind our members to exercise caution as this story contains sensitive material.

Sarah Sands admitted to stabbing Michael Pleasted, who was 77 years old at the time, eight times in a 'determined and sustained attack', which caused the man to bleed to death.

58139b09f161e61f7e195ec0b03cf631

Mum-of-three Sarah Sands took matters into her hands by taking the life of her paedophile neighbour who abused her sons. Credit: BBC.

Pleasted was a convicted paedophile and had changed his name from Robin Moult to conceal a long history of child abuse. Ms Sands’ three children disclosed the horrific discovery, prompting their mum to take the drastic measure.

'Everyone says stick to the CPS guideline, which is minimum of 21 years. I was charged with manslaughter, 10 and a half. They said it was down to intent, the change of my property, and the fact I was trying to protect the children and they were the ones who had to do the witness statements,' she explained.

'I remember thinking, "I’ve just stabbed a paedophile. Who’s going to be on my side?"'

Her courageous sons have since revealed how they believed their mother was a hero for killing their attacker.

Bradley, who was 11 years old at the time of the incident, recalled: 'I thought, "hats off". I won't argue against it.'

Her other son, Alfie, chimed in, adding: 'It did make us feel safer. It didn’t slow down the nightmares. But it did give us a sense of security because you didn’t have to walk down the street thinking he was going to come around the corner.'

'He lived literally across the road from us. I could open that window over there and I’d see his house.'

1575cbb941d83b4b27f8cbbc7496968a

Michael Pleasted legally changed his name after he was convicted of being a child molester in the past. Credit: BBC.

Michael Pleasted’s council flat overlooks a playground and school in Canning Town, East London. However, nobody knew of his sickening past as Pleasted had changed his name prior to the sex offenders register.

Ms Sands was convicted of manslaughter after the Old Bailey trial in 2015, on the basis that she lost control of the situation. The mum initially intended to threaten Pleasted and make him plead guilty so that her children did not have to give evidence in court.

However, her sentencing was criticised by the Court of Appeal, who sent the case back to the crown court for retrial after saying that the suspension of the jail term was 'unduly lenient' and should be increased.

She was later jailed for 7.5 years, which she completed this year.

Ms Sands said: 'For paedophiles, if you touch children, there has to be consequences.'

'And hiding behind name changes … it has to be taken away from them. That right to change their name has to be taken away from them.'

Labour MP Sarah Champion described how some child abusers are manipulating the system by changing their names to avoid criminal background checks that are necessary for employment, including working with children.

'Once they have changed their names, they are able to get a new driving licence and passport in that name. That enables them to get a new DBS (disclosure and barring service).' she explained.

'And we are finding that these people are then going into schools and other places where there are children and vulnerable people and exploiting their positions of trust in the most horrific ways.'

Key Takeaways

• A mother in the UK stabbed a paedophile neighbour to death after finding out he sexually abused her children.
  • The mother, Sarah Sands, was convicted of manslaughter on the basis of loss of control and eventually jailed for seven and a half years after having her sentenced increased by the Court of Appeal.
  • Ms Sands said she originally intended to threaten Pleasted, who was on bail awaiting trial, to make him plead guilty so her children did not have to give evidence in court.
  • Labour MP Sarah Champion told the BBC some offenders are using name changes to avoid criminal records checks needed for jobs including working with children.

The UK Home Office released a statement saying that they have already reviewed the topic and the country has established strict rules to govern sex offenders living in the community.

But what about those people who changed their name before the sex offenders register was established?

We understand that this is an extremely sensitive topic.

What are your thoughts on this? Share your insights with us in the comments below.

No doubt an horrific story which has also appeared in the press and UK now world wide social media. The opinions of people on the judicial system in other countries is immaterial. Don't we have enough tragedy in our own country to comment on????
Not applicable, but I see you wrote an horrific. I knew I was right when severely criticized a while back.
Back to the story, these paedophiles should be locked away forever.

Not applicable, but I see you wrote an horrific. I knew I was right when severely criticized a while back.
Back to the story, these paedophiles should be locked away forever.
Yes locked away in a dungeon, in solitary confinement, for the term of their natural life, without parole, ever, with only the very basics; bread and water. It costs near $62,000 per prisoner per year; a hell of a lot more than what supports a pensioner!

Meanwhile; that vile creature sent to prison in Western Australia after he pleaded guilty to 420 charges of paedo crimes, against over 20 children between the ages of 2 and 12, including his own daughter, over a six year period, gets a 25 year sentence.
The impact of these crimes against children lasts forever. I know this much to be true.
The current cost in 2022, in Australia, to keep this vermin contained for twenty five years will be well over $1.5 million.
The cost of a 7.62 round is less than a dollar. And a few extra bob for the incinerator.

PS. I make no apologies for my hatred of scum paedophile rapists, or my views on how I think they should be treated.

Last edited:
This mum took justice into her own hands and stabbed the paedophile, who abused her children, to death

Members, please note this story contains discussions that may be distressing to some readers.

We here at the Seniors Discount Club believe that everyone deserves a happy, safe, and fulfilling life – especially our children and grandchildren. They are truly the future of our nation (and the world), and it’s our responsibility as adults to ensure that they grow up in an environment where they feel protected, comfortable, and free to be themselves.

Parents and grandparents would often do anything to protect their youngsters from harm – even if it means putting their own lives at risk.

So, it's no surprise that one mother in the United Kingdom took drastic measures after finding out that her neighbour had been sexually abusing her children.

Before proceeding to read the rest of the article, we just want to remind our members to exercise caution as this story contains sensitive material.

Sarah Sands admitted to stabbing Michael Pleasted, who was 77 years old at the time, eight times in a 'determined and sustained attack', which caused the man to bleed to death.

Mum-of-three Sarah Sands took matters into her hands by taking the life of her paedophile neighbour who abused her sons. Credit: BBC.

Pleasted was a convicted paedophile and had changed his name from Robin Moult to conceal a long history of child abuse. Ms Sands’ three children disclosed the horrific discovery, prompting their mum to take the drastic measure.

'Everyone says stick to the CPS guideline, which is minimum of 21 years. I was charged with manslaughter, 10 and a half. They said it was down to intent, the change of my property, and the fact I was trying to protect the children and they were the ones who had to do the witness statements,' she explained.

'I remember thinking, "I’ve just stabbed a paedophile. Who’s going to be on my side?"'

Her courageous sons have since revealed how they believed their mother was a hero for killing their attacker.

Bradley, who was 11 years old at the time of the incident, recalled: 'I thought, "hats off". I won't argue against it.'

Her other son, Alfie, chimed in, adding: 'It did make us feel safer. It didn’t slow down the nightmares. But it did give us a sense of security because you didn’t have to walk down the street thinking he was going to come around the corner.'

'He lived literally across the road from us. I could open that window over there and I’d see his house.'

Michael Pleasted legally changed his name after he was convicted of being a child molester in the past. Credit: BBC.

Michael Pleasted’s council flat overlooks a playground and school in Canning Town, East London. However, nobody knew of his sickening past as Pleasted had changed his name prior to the sex offenders register.

Ms Sands was convicted of manslaughter after the Old Bailey trial in 2015, on the basis that she lost control of the situation. The mum initially intended to threaten Pleasted and make him plead guilty so that her children did not have to give evidence in court.

However, her sentencing was criticised by the Court of Appeal, who sent the case back to the crown court for retrial after saying that the suspension of the jail term was 'unduly lenient' and should be increased.

Ms Sands said: 'For paedophiles, if you touch children, there has to be consequences.'

'And hiding behind name changes … it has to be taken away from them. That right to change their name has to be taken away from them.'

Labour MP Sarah Champion described how some child abusers are manipulating the system by changing their names to avoid criminal background checks that are necessary for employment, including working with children.

'Once they have changed their names, they are able to get a new driving licence and passport in that name. That enables them to get a new DBS (disclosure and barring service).' she explained.

'And we are finding that these people are then going into schools and other places where there are children and vulnerable people and exploiting their positions of trust in the most horrific ways.'

Key Takeaways

• A mother in the UK stabbed a paedophile neighbour to death after finding out he sexually abused her children.
  • The mother, Sarah Sands, was convicted of manslaughter on the basis of loss of control and eventually jailed for seven and a half years after having her sentenced increased by the Court of Appeal.
  • Ms Sands said she originally intended to threaten Pleasted, who was on bail awaiting trial, to make him plead guilty so her children did not have to give evidence in court.
  • Labour MP Sarah Champion told the BBC some offenders are using name changes to avoid criminal records checks needed for jobs including working with children.

The UK Home Office released a statement saying that they have already reviewed the topic and the country has established strict rules to govern sex offenders living in the community.

But what about those people who changed their name before the sex offenders register was established?

What are your thoughts on this? Share your insights with us in the comments below.

Key Takeaways

I think she did the right thing and put a stop to any potential victims this monster might have had in his sights. The laws on pedophiles does need a big shake up.

Key Takeaways

I worship the ground Ms Sands walks on. Gutsy, loving and admirable…she is all that and more!

Bring on the DEATH PENALTY, then pieces of garbage like him would never be able to do anything like that again, if they won't bring Death Penalty back put them into mainstream jail and let the inmates deal with them, they wouldn't last a day. Fancy putting a mother into jail for getting rid of the trash, there are a lot of other words I would like to call it but have to be good. Consequences, there shouldn't be any. Our Laws are way too soft especially for things that commit crimes against children. Don't use the word often but these things are HATED by everyone and should just be put to death.

Last edited:

Key Takeaways

Key Takeaways

Sara has my full support. Being dead will not take away the grief this animal caused her and her family and the other families he has devastated.
The world is a safer and better place.
Good on you Sara

Meanwhile; that vile creature sent to prison in Western Australia after he pleaded guilty to 420 charges of paedo crimes, against over 20 children between the ages of 2 and 12, including his own daughter, over a six year period, gets a 25 year sentence.
The impact of these crimes against children lasts forever. I know this much to be true.
The current cost in 2022, in Australia, to keep this vermin contained for twenty five years will be well over $1.5 million.
The cost of a 7.62 round is less than a dollar. And a few extra bob for the incinerator.

PS. I make no apologies for my hatred of scum paedophile rapists, or my views on how I think they should be treated.

Key Takeaways

Key Takeaways

I'M SORRY I WASN'T THERE TO ASSIST HER...!!!

Key Takeaways

I think the conviction should stand. After all the Mother did take another life. However, I think mitigating circumstances should come into play here. Her sentence should have been suspended on her entering into a good behavior bond. I can fully understand her motive. If anyone interfered with my children the least they would need is hospitalisation.

Key Takeaways

Name change for pedophiles makes the register futile. The system is screwed. I salute Sarah Sands for what she did. If the system is screwed, she shouldn't have been charged. She did society a favor by eliminating that "maggot".