S

Sean Camara

This mum took justice into her own hands and stabbed the paedophile, who abused her children, to death

Members, please note this story contains discussions that may be distressing to some readers.

We here at the Seniors Discount Club believe that everyone deserves a happy, safe, and fulfilling life – especially our children and grandchildren. They are truly the future of our nation (and the world), and it’s our responsibility as adults to ensure that they grow up in an environment where they feel protected, comfortable, and free to be themselves.

Parents and grandparents would often do anything to protect their youngsters from harm – even if it means putting their own lives at risk.

So, it's no surprise that one mother in the United Kingdom took drastic measures after finding out that her neighbour had been sexually abusing her children.

Before proceeding to read the rest of the article, we just want to remind our members to exercise caution as this story contains sensitive material.

Sarah Sands admitted to stabbing Michael Pleasted, who was 77 years old at the time, eight times in a 'determined and sustained attack', which caused the man to bleed to death.

58139b09f161e61f7e195ec0b03cf631

Mum-of-three Sarah Sands took matters into her hands by taking the life of her paedophile neighbour who abused her sons. Credit: BBC.

Pleasted was a convicted paedophile and had changed his name from Robin Moult to conceal a long history of child abuse. Ms Sands’ three children disclosed the horrific discovery, prompting their mum to take the drastic measure.

'Everyone says stick to the CPS guideline, which is minimum of 21 years. I was charged with manslaughter, 10 and a half. They said it was down to intent, the change of my property, and the fact I was trying to protect the children and they were the ones who had to do the witness statements,' she explained.

'I remember thinking, "I’ve just stabbed a paedophile. Who’s going to be on my side?"'

Her courageous sons have since revealed how they believed their mother was a hero for killing their attacker.

Bradley, who was 11 years old at the time of the incident, recalled: 'I thought, "hats off". I won't argue against it.'

Her other son, Alfie, chimed in, adding: 'It did make us feel safer. It didn’t slow down the nightmares. But it did give us a sense of security because you didn’t have to walk down the street thinking he was going to come around the corner.'

'He lived literally across the road from us. I could open that window over there and I’d see his house.'

1575cbb941d83b4b27f8cbbc7496968a

Michael Pleasted legally changed his name after he was convicted of being a child molester in the past. Credit: BBC.

Michael Pleasted’s council flat overlooks a playground and school in Canning Town, East London. However, nobody knew of his sickening past as Pleasted had changed his name prior to the sex offenders register.

Ms Sands was convicted of manslaughter after the Old Bailey trial in 2015, on the basis that she lost control of the situation. The mum initially intended to threaten Pleasted and make him plead guilty so that her children did not have to give evidence in court.

However, her sentencing was criticised by the Court of Appeal, who sent the case back to the crown court for retrial after saying that the suspension of the jail term was 'unduly lenient' and should be increased.

She was later jailed for 7.5 years, which she completed this year.

Ms Sands said: 'For paedophiles, if you touch children, there has to be consequences.'

'And hiding behind name changes … it has to be taken away from them. That right to change their name has to be taken away from them.'

Labour MP Sarah Champion described how some child abusers are manipulating the system by changing their names to avoid criminal background checks that are necessary for employment, including working with children.

'Once they have changed their names, they are able to get a new driving licence and passport in that name. That enables them to get a new DBS (disclosure and barring service).' she explained.

'And we are finding that these people are then going into schools and other places where there are children and vulnerable people and exploiting their positions of trust in the most horrific ways.'

Key Takeaways

• A mother in the UK stabbed a paedophile neighbour to death after finding out he sexually abused her children.
  • The mother, Sarah Sands, was convicted of manslaughter on the basis of loss of control and eventually jailed for seven and a half years after having her sentenced increased by the Court of Appeal.
  • Ms Sands said she originally intended to threaten Pleasted, who was on bail awaiting trial, to make him plead guilty so her children did not have to give evidence in court.
  • Labour MP Sarah Champion told the BBC some offenders are using name changes to avoid criminal records checks needed for jobs including working with children.

The UK Home Office released a statement saying that they have already reviewed the topic and the country has established strict rules to govern sex offenders living in the community.

But what about those people who changed their name before the sex offenders register was established?

We understand that this is an extremely sensitive topic.

What are your thoughts on this? Share your insights with us in the comments below.

I would like to think I could be strong enough to let the law deal with him, but if this was my child or grandchild I think I would make him suffer longer than he did, he actually got out of it lightly.

My father is a paedophile he raped my sister from when she was 8 until she was 15. She called me and told me what had been happening, I told her mother my stepmother but she said she was making it up, so I went to the police.
They went and interviewed her infront of her parents and she was then scared to talk so the police left, this was 30 years ago.
When she was 15 she moved from Sydney to Taree to live with her mothers mum.
Since then we have found out he raped my two other sister, my other half sister and my 2 nieces.
Six years ago my sister heard it was happening to our niece and reported again what happened to her all those years ago . Turns out they still had my report on records and the interview.

He was arrested and let out on bail. Two years later he was sentenced to 11 years jail with 8 years good behaviour.
He has served 4 years and will be out in 4.
He is now 80 and should have gotten life.
My sister who went through all those years being abused has had many years receiving psychiatric help and is on the road to recovery.
He has in total 6 kids in which he assaulted 3 I was the eldest and was raised by my grandparents. The other 2 are boys.
My other half sister is my mother's daughter too her 2nd husband.

I have never or will ever let him near my kids or grandchildren

Reactions: RobD
I would like to think I could be strong enough to let the law deal with him, but if this was my child or grandchild I think I would make him suffer longer than he did, he actually got out of it lightly.

My father is a paedophile he raped my sister from when she was 8 until she was 15. She called me and told me what had been happening, I told her mother my stepmother but she said she was making it up, so I went to the police.
They went and interviewed her infront of her parents and she was then scared to talk so the police left, this was 30 years ago.
When she was 15 she moved from Sydney to Taree to live with her mothers mum.
Since then we have found out he raped my two other sister, my other half sister and my 2 nieces.
Six years ago my sister heard it was happening to our niece and reported again what happened to her all those years ago . Turns out they still had my report on records and the interview.

He was arrested and let out on bail. Two years later he was sentenced to 11 years jail with 8 years good behaviour.
He has served 4 years and will be out in 4.
He is now 80 and should have gotten life.
My sister who went through all those years being abused has had many years receiving psychiatric help and is on the road to recovery.
He has in total 6 kids in which he assaulted 3 I was the eldest and was raised by my grandparents. The other 2 are boys.
My other half sister is my mother's daughter too her 2nd husband.

I have never or will ever let him near my kids or grandchildren
I truly understand, from my own experience; I am a survivor. Friends of mine did not survive. I barely escaped, but the perps eventually died; my only consolation. I still suffer. I dream of the day when I can finally be free of the nightmares and memories. I was a child of 12. He was a trusted adult in a cohort of paedophiles, one of whom held a political offices, he was involved in international child sex slavery. My parents were either in denial or chosen ignorance. I had to look after myself. I was finally rid of their influence when I turned 17. I know the pain, shame and humiliation. It still haunts me. I still receive psychiatric care. I am 64, and suffer with complex PTSD. My parents are gone, I resent their ambivalence to this day. In my honest opinion, the only cure for the paedophile vermin is extermination. They do not deserve to live amongst us, either in society of confined.

• Sad
Reactions: Defiant540
This mum took justice into her own hands and stabbed the paedophile, who abused her children, to death

Members, please note this story contains discussions that may be distressing to some readers.

We here at the Seniors Discount Club believe that everyone deserves a happy, safe, and fulfilling life – especially our children and grandchildren. They are truly the future of our nation (and the world), and it’s our responsibility as adults to ensure that they grow up in an environment where they feel protected, comfortable, and free to be themselves.

Parents and grandparents would often do anything to protect their youngsters from harm – even if it means putting their own lives at risk.

So, it's no surprise that one mother in the United Kingdom took drastic measures after finding out that her neighbour had been sexually abusing her children.

Before proceeding to read the rest of the article, we just want to remind our members to exercise caution as this story contains sensitive material.

Sarah Sands admitted to stabbing Michael Pleasted, who was 77 years old at the time, eight times in a 'determined and sustained attack', which caused the man to bleed to death.

Mum-of-three Sarah Sands took matters into her hands by taking the life of her paedophile neighbour who abused her sons. Credit: BBC.

Pleasted was a convicted paedophile and had changed his name from Robin Moult to conceal a long history of child abuse. Ms Sands’ three children disclosed the horrific discovery, prompting their mum to take the drastic measure.

'Everyone says stick to the CPS guideline, which is minimum of 21 years. I was charged with manslaughter, 10 and a half. They said it was down to intent, the change of my property, and the fact I was trying to protect the children and they were the ones who had to do the witness statements,' she explained.

'I remember thinking, "I’ve just stabbed a paedophile. Who’s going to be on my side?"'

Her courageous sons have since revealed how they believed their mother was a hero for killing their attacker.

Bradley, who was 11 years old at the time of the incident, recalled: 'I thought, "hats off". I won't argue against it.'

Her other son, Alfie, chimed in, adding: 'It did make us feel safer. It didn’t slow down the nightmares. But it did give us a sense of security because you didn’t have to walk down the street thinking he was going to come around the corner.'

'He lived literally across the road from us. I could open that window over there and I’d see his house.'

Michael Pleasted legally changed his name after he was convicted of being a child molester in the past. Credit: BBC.

Michael Pleasted’s council flat overlooks a playground and school in Canning Town, East London. However, nobody knew of his sickening past as Pleasted had changed his name prior to the sex offenders register.

Ms Sands was convicted of manslaughter after the Old Bailey trial in 2015, on the basis that she lost control of the situation. The mum initially intended to threaten Pleasted and make him plead guilty so that her children did not have to give evidence in court.

However, her sentencing was criticised by the Court of Appeal, who sent the case back to the crown court for retrial after saying that the suspension of the jail term was 'unduly lenient' and should be increased.

Ms Sands said: 'For paedophiles, if you touch children, there has to be consequences.'

'And hiding behind name changes … it has to be taken away from them. That right to change their name has to be taken away from them.'

Labour MP Sarah Champion described how some child abusers are manipulating the system by changing their names to avoid criminal background checks that are necessary for employment, including working with children.

'Once they have changed their names, they are able to get a new driving licence and passport in that name. That enables them to get a new DBS (disclosure and barring service).' she explained.

'And we are finding that these people are then going into schools and other places where there are children and vulnerable people and exploiting their positions of trust in the most horrific ways.'

Key Takeaways

• A mother in the UK stabbed a paedophile neighbour to death after finding out he sexually abused her children.
  • The mother, Sarah Sands, was convicted of manslaughter on the basis of loss of control and eventually jailed for seven and a half years after having her sentenced increased by the Court of Appeal.
  • Ms Sands said she originally intended to threaten Pleasted, who was on bail awaiting trial, to make him plead guilty so her children did not have to give evidence in court.
  • Labour MP Sarah Champion told the BBC some offenders are using name changes to avoid criminal records checks needed for jobs including working with children.

The UK Home Office released a statement saying that they have already reviewed the topic and the country has established strict rules to govern sex offenders living in the community.

But what about those people who changed their name before the sex offenders register was established?

What are your thoughts on this? Share your insights with us in the comments below.

I truly understand, from my own experience; I am a survivor. Friends of mine did not survive. I barely escaped, but the perps eventually died; my only consolation. I still suffer. I dream of the day when I can finally be free of the nightmares and memories. I was a child of 12. He was a trusted adult in a cohort of paedophiles, one of whom held a political offices, he was involved in international child sex slavery. My parents were either in denial or chosen ignorance. I had to look after myself. I was finally rid of their influence when I turned 17. I know the pain, shame and humiliation. It still haunts me. I still receive psychiatric care. I am 64, and suffer with complex PTSD. My parents are gone, I resent their ambivalence to this day. In my honest opinion, the only cure for the paedophile vermin is extermination. They do not deserve to live amongst us, either in society of confined.
My sister that finally reported the monster still has nightmares but through her great psychiatrist she somehow has learnt to control them. He abused her from 8 years old to around 15
We also believe he abused my brother who is now 57, he has hinted but won't come out with it.
He has been in so much trouble from a young age , did the whole drug thing for years and now is an alcoholic. He has said if the monster who helped conceived him gets out of jail and goes anywhere near Taree he will end it.
Have you looked at changing psychiatrist
Have you looked at support groups of people who this has also happened to.

Know your not alone 🙏

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Defiant540 and RobD
Bring back the cat of ninetails, a set number of strokes for the severity of crime committed,let them carry the scars and remember the pain for the rest of their lives, I bet they would not come back for another helping, now I have opened a can of worms with my posting
Absolutely agree.

My view on paedophiles is that they should be treated brutally. Not killed. It is too quick. Gaols are too cushy for these people. They get out after a few years and get to live their lives, meanwhile abused children suffer for all of their lives. Those who don't support brutality towards these people should think about what they would do if their child was abused? Close your eyes and put yourself in that position. And don't tell me you will just report it to cops and hope for the best. Yes, one should not take law into your own hands, but .....

My view on paedophiles is that they should be treated brutally. Not killed. It is too quick. Gaols are too cushy for these people. They get out after a few years and get to live their lives, meanwhile abused children suffer for all of their lives. Those who don't support brutality towards these people should think about what they would do if their child was abused? Close your eyes and put yourself in that position. And don't tell me you will just report it to cops and hope for the best. Yes, one should not take law into your own hands, but .....
I don't have to think about what the children go through, I have first hand experience. I was used and abused by a paedo when I was a child. I do not believe that prison will cure the vermin that abuse children. They should not just be removed from society, but removed completely from humanity.

Reactions: POG
I don't have to think about what the children go through, I have first hand experience. I was used and abused by a paedo when I was a child. I do not believe that prison will cure the vermin that abuse children. They should not just be removed from society, but removed completely from humanity.
I wish you peace in life. I really mean that.

My sister that finally reported the monster still has nightmares but through her great psychiatrist sge somehow has learnt to control them. He abused her from 8 years old to around 15
We also believe he abused my brother who is now 57, he has hinted but won't come out with it.
He has been in so much trouble from a young age , did the whole drug thing for years and now is an alcoholic. He has said if the monster who helped conceived him gets out of jail and goes anywhere near Taree he will end it.
Have you looked at changing psychiatrist
Have you looked at support groups of people who this has also happened to.

Know your not alone 🙏
Thank you Suzanne rose, for your acknowledgement. I am ok with my care team and I have constant support.
When I see articles like this, both here at home or from overseas, the rage ignites again. I am still angry but I do not let that define me. I am a survivor.

Reactions: Suzanne rose
The man who helped make me is half way through his sentence and only another 4 years to go.
He is sitting in a cushy prison TV and all .
He should have gotten longer and harsher environment.
We thought ok he will get his just desert's for being a paedophile in jail but no he is living good. The only punishment is he is confined for now.

Before going into prison he owed alot of money on credit cards...centrelink and taxes and it is all now wiped. Figure that one , another reward

Reactions: Senor and RobD

Key Takeaways

she should been given a HERO's award NO jail time at all..... its what should happen to paedophiles, or castration and then death following any further attempts at interference of ANYONE

Key Takeaways

I'm on her side. I'd like to stab him as well. Don't touch my kids. Or you're dead.

Meanwhile; that vile creature sent to prison in Western Australia after he pleaded guilty to 420 charges of paedo crimes, against over 20 children between the ages of 2 and 12, including his own daughter, over a six year period, gets a 25 year sentence.
The impact of these crimes against children lasts forever. I know this much to be true.
The current cost in 2022, in Australia, to keep this vermin contained for twenty five years will be well over $1.5 million.
The cost of a 7.62 round is less than a dollar. And a few extra bob for the incinerator.

PS. I make no apologies for my hatred of scum paedophile rapists, or my views on how I think they should be treated.
They should have their sex drive taken away

Bring back the cat of ninetails, a set number of strokes for the severity of crime committed,let them carry the scars and remember the pain for the rest of their lives, I bet they would not come back for another helping, now I have opened a can of worms with my posting
wouldn't happen! (wish it would) people(government) would holler "It's too cruel!"