This money-saving hack proves you have been drying your clothes wrong!

Do you find drying your clothes to be a tedious chore? If that's the case then you might want to keep reading as one professional dry cleaner points out the laundry method that most of us are doing wrong. Can you guess what that is?

TikTok user @jeeves_ny has recently shared a video explaining why dryer sheets can actually do more harm to your clothes.

Credit: TikTok/@jeeves_ny

In his now-viral video — which amassed more than 4.6 million views, over 850 likes, and 5990 comments — the professional cleaner says: “I’m begging you to please stop using dryer sheets.”

"They're single-use, they don't help with drying time," he adds.

While it can't be denied that most of us learned how to do our laundry via the trial-and-error method, Jeeves said that it is a common misconception that dryer sheets can help with drying as it affects the absorbency of your garments.

Additionally, he explains that the fabric softener that coats the dryer sheets is bad for your clothes and dryers.

6ate1KAUK1bFfJgEYi1ZeMWu9QTHLUEo_pYMxLa8bN4MJNQ5CXC36fynAprdizEKMB_6XAFIlu-qmYxgGrHPDOBXXHx5KycvkDXENqLZnzHXisK4HGRHADKhI53-ov_aaRKn5-o

Professional cleaner @jeeves_ny begged people to stop using dryer sheets as they do more harm than good to your clothes. Credit: TikTok/@jeeves_ny.

So if dryer sheets aren't the answer, what should we be using?

The professional cleaner recommends using wool dryer balls instead of sheets.

He explains: "Wool dryer balls are reusable, they help cut down drying time by creating space in the dryer to allow more surface area, and they’re really good at cutting out static electricity, and they don’t have fabric softener."

Aside from its obvious benefits to your clothes, wool dryer balls are eco-friendly and are made with chemical-free materials.

And because saving a few bucks never hurts, these little balls can reduce energy consumption and thus your bills.

Here's a video explaining how wool dryer balls can help you save energy (and money!):

Credit: YouTube/The Deal Guy

If you're looking to get your hands on this miracle laundry product, here are some of our recommended products:

Naturally Sheepskins Wool Dryer Balls, $29.95

BMWqhttXd8fzUhw3RBA_RerhA3rO65PdKyluIv0XbfRRy2tlwxNa1ZwYSnVtL0F_G8KP0SPClzLoeOQNCD_oxm3R_zzbPoP2z8jkiNdthrX54kUYgf9iwBIF84FdM7gbkk1trPE

Credit: Myer

These dryer balls — which come in a pack of 6 — are made from 100% wool and are packaged in a natural cotton bag.

It is recommended to add essential oils to these balls before popping them in your dryers to add scent to your clothes.

Adairs Light Grey Marle Set 4 Wool Drying Balls, $20.99

qm66bplZCpR23JvdbUpKEpIyKU18hWigvCbmSIajXZ2o80r-6Yt62EY_E9ewp1qJXWiscqJAu1MRoSCthRNNjzroepFRdYBnEUwRes7_h1_KaCTBBpiwgKdCWFXR8QWNOlOx40k

Credit: Adairs

These chemical-free dryer balls are made from 100% felted wool. The product also claims to reduce the average drying time of your clothes by 30%.

Have any laundry hacks of your own? Share them with us in the comments below so other members of the SDC can use them too!

Sponsored
Of course the good old Hills hoist and some bright sunshine is best. But it's not always sunny when you get the time after work to do the laundry and some clothes certainly don't do well out in the sun. I've found balls in the dryer useful for years. I've never had wool ones - they sound great! But even just 3 or 4 rubber balls do well. In fact I've even used tennis balls.

Do you find drying your clothes to be a tedious chore? If that's the case then you might want to keep reading as one professional dry cleaner points out the laundry method that most of us are doing wrong. Can you guess what that is?

TikTok user @jeeves_ny has recently shared a video explaining why dryer sheets can actually do more harm to your clothes.

Credit: TikTok/@jeeves_ny

In his now-viral video — which amassed more than 4.6 million views, over 850 likes, and 5990 comments — the professional cleaner says: “I’m begging you to please stop using dryer sheets.”

"They're single-use, they don't help with drying time," he adds.

While it can't be denied that most of us learned how to do our laundry via the trial-and-error method, Jeeves said that it is a common misconception that dryer sheets can help with drying as it affects the absorbency of your garments.

Additionally, he explains that the fabric softener that coats the dryer sheets is bad for your clothes and dryers.

6ate1KAUK1bFfJgEYi1ZeMWu9QTHLUEo_pYMxLa8bN4MJNQ5CXC36fynAprdizEKMB_6XAFIlu-qmYxgGrHPDOBXXHx5KycvkDXENqLZnzHXisK4HGRHADKhI53-ov_aaRKn5-o

Professional cleaner @jeeves_ny begged people to stop using dryer sheets as they do more harm than good to your clothes. Credit: TikTok/@jeeves_ny.

So if dryer sheets aren't the answer, what should we be using?

The professional cleaner recommends using wool dryer balls instead of sheets.

He explains: "Wool dryer balls are reusable, they help cut down drying time by creating space in the dryer to allow more surface area, and they’re really good at cutting out static electricity, and they don’t have fabric softener."

Aside from its obvious benefits to your clothes, wool dryer balls are eco-friendly and are made with chemical-free materials.

And because saving a few bucks never hurts, these little balls can reduce energy consumption and thus your bills.

Here's a video explaining how wool dryer balls can help you save energy (and money!):

Credit: YouTube/The Deal Guy

If you're looking to get your hands on this miracle laundry product, here are some of our recommended products:

Naturally Sheepskins Wool Dryer Balls, $29.95

BMWqhttXd8fzUhw3RBA_RerhA3rO65PdKyluIv0XbfRRy2tlwxNa1ZwYSnVtL0F_G8KP0SPClzLoeOQNCD_oxm3R_zzbPoP2z8jkiNdthrX54kUYgf9iwBIF84FdM7gbkk1trPE

Credit: Myer

These dryer balls — which come in a pack of 6 — are made from 100% wool and are packaged in a natural cotton bag.

It is recommended to add essential oils to these balls before popping them in your dryers to add scent to your clothes.

Adairs Light Grey Marle Set 4 Wool Drying Balls, $20.99

qm66bplZCpR23JvdbUpKEpIyKU18hWigvCbmSIajXZ2o80r-6Yt62EY_E9ewp1qJXWiscqJAu1MRoSCthRNNjzroepFRdYBnEUwRes7_h1_KaCTBBpiwgKdCWFXR8QWNOlOx40k

Credit: Adairs

These chemical-free dryer balls are made from 100% felted wool. The product also claims to reduce the average drying time of your clothes by 30%.

Have any laundry hacks of your own? Share them with us in the comments below so other members of the SDC can use them too!

Hi, I have North facing windows and bought an extra clothes horse then found I could throw away the dryer. It takes a few extra hours to dry a load of washing but I save a lot on my power bills

I know humid climates mean natural drying on an outside line simply don't work so this tip won't work for everyone but I bought a camping rotary line which 90% of the time I have in my spare room & it's been very effective because of interior heating & cooling. When it is hot, sunny or windy outside I have a washing blitz and pop it outside for extra outdoor line.
One thing though! The rotary line i bought at aldi is shown on the box in the inverted position but having it the other way is much more stable.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20220111-110347_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20220111-110347_Chrome.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: Ricci and Rochelle
Of course the good old Hills hoist and some bright sunshine is best. But it's not always sunny when you get the time after work to do the laundry and some clothes certainly don't do well out in the sun. I've found balls in the dryer useful for years. I've never had wool ones - they sound great! But even just 3 or 4 rubber balls do well. In fact I've even used tennis balls.
Tennis balls? That's a fantastic hack!

For the elderly and people with balance or mobility issues, clothes driers are much safer. Actually there are lots of legitimate reasons for our choices.

Reactions: KatKop and Ricci
I can’t believe I’ve been drying my clothes incorrectly.
Obviously it was my mothers fault she taught me to hang my washing out on the old hills clothes line, and I’ve done so throughout my married life. The other thing I’m doing wrong by hanging my washing out is I’m saving electricity, silly me.🤣🤣😂😂😅

Post #13 by KatKop says JayKay said,
"If you live in the south with heavy winter rains and work full-time, it's sensible to invest in a dryer."
I did not enter this
My post was #5.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Ricci