This laundry basket trick makes shopping easier—but store workers don’t want you to know!

We've all been there—eager to save time, and money, and sidestep the stress at the checkout while grocery shopping. Well, you're in luck.

One mum's laundry basket trick makes ALDI shopping a breeze, although it's not exactly well-received by the store workers.

The content creator and mum-of-three, Eden, became ‘popular’ on social media for her clever 'hack' that bypasses the usual bagging routine.

From her home, Eden showcased how straightforward her technique is, requiring just one key item—a laundry basket!

image2.jpg
Have you thought of using a laundry basket for groceries, or found other creative uses for it like Eden? Image source: Pixabay.

'ALDI's laundry basket shopping hack is one of my favourite hacks that I use,' she begins, showing an empty basket from her car.

'All you have to do is bring a laundry basket with you and put it in the back of your cart. Then do your shopping as normal and then ask the cashier to just put your groceries directly into the basket.'

This nifty hack means there are fewer bags to manage at the end of the shop, and less time spent unpacking at home.

‘It lets you skip the entire bagging process!’ Eden said. ‘I saw a video of this a few years ago and I've been using it ever since. Makes my life so much easier.’

But not everyone's thrilled about the tip.

After the 14-second clip took off, the video received a lot of comments from social media users, including quite a few from ALDI workers themselves.

Store workers quickly pointed out this isn't exactly right according to company policy. ‘DON'T DO THIS!’ one staffer strongly advised. ‘I worked at ALDI for years and this is a pet peeve for SO many employees. It slows us down. Just add it to the laundry basket after.’

Another worker added, 'As an ALDI employee, we actually aren't allowed to do that when checking people out. So you got lucky with your store.’

One person suggested that using a box from the store is just as effective. 'If you grab a box while you are there it's the same thing except you don't have to remember the basket.’

For some people, the hack was more trouble than it was worth.

A shopper who used to live on the third floor without a lift had this to say: 'It gets so heavy though. I used to live on the third floor with no elevator and had to haul it up the stairs.’

However, the method did have some supporters.

A shopper explained their own approach: 'I leave the basket in my car and load my trolley up and check out, put it back in the trolley and unload it in the basket outside.’

Even some employees of ALDI agreed with the hack. 'As an Aldi worker as well, I love this, and if it's too heavy, that's not my problem, lol.’

Recently, ALDI swapped its cheap reusable plastic bags for 25-cent brown paper bags.

Some prefer this an eco-friendly change, while others consider the ‘laundry basket hack’ a more practical option. And here’s why.

Using a laundry basket is a one-time expense, unlike buying new brown paper bags for each trip. Plus, it's sturdier, preventing bag tears and spills.

image1.jpg

Do you think this is an ideal choice for your grocery bag? ALDI's new 15c bag will now be offered to customers at checkouts nationwide. Image source: ALDI.

Time is also a factor to weigh. ALDI, much like other stores, is known for its speedy checkouts. A laundry basket can hasten the unloading of groceries and support a swift packing process at the other end.

Key Takeaways
  • A mum has shared her trick for easier grocery shopping at ALDI, by placing a laundry basket in the bottom of her trolley to bypass the bagging process.
  • The hack was shared on social media and has been viewed over 400,000 times, with mixed opinions from users.
  • Some ALDI workers on social media said they are not allowed to bag items into the basket and claim the hack can slow them down.
  • The mum believes the trick makes her grocery shopping experience easier and more efficient.

Ultimately, the decision is in the hands of shoppers. But, let’s explore…

What are your thoughts on the laundry basket hack for grocery shopping? Do you find it a convenient and practical way or not? Please share your insights and opinions below!

Sponsored
We've all been there—eager to save time, and money, and sidestep the stress at the checkout while grocery shopping. Well, you're in luck.

One mum's laundry basket trick makes ALDI shopping a breeze, although it's not exactly well-received by the store workers.

The content creator and mum-of-three, Eden, became ‘popular’ on social media for her clever 'hack' that bypasses the usual bagging routine.

From her home, Eden showcased how straightforward her technique is, requiring just one key item—a laundry basket!

View attachment 30526
Have you thought of using a laundry basket for groceries, or found other creative uses for it like Eden? Image source: Pixabay.

'ALDI's laundry basket shopping hack is one of my favourite hacks that I use,' she begins, showing an empty basket from her car.

'All you have to do is bring a laundry basket with you and put it in the back of your cart. Then do your shopping as normal and then ask the cashier to just put your groceries directly into the basket.'

This nifty hack means there are fewer bags to manage at the end of the shop, and less time spent unpacking at home.

‘It lets you skip the entire bagging process!’ Eden said. ‘I saw a video of this a few years ago and I've been using it ever since. Makes my life so much easier.’

After the 14-second clip took off, the video received a lot of comments from social media users, including quite a few from ALDI workers themselves.

Store workers quickly pointed out this isn't exactly right according to company policy. ‘DON'T DO THIS!’ one staffer strongly advised. ‘I worked at ALDI for years and this is a pet peeve for SO many employees. It slows us down. Just add it to the laundry basket after.’

Another worker added, 'As an ALDI employee, we actually aren't allowed to do that when checking people out. So you got lucky with your store.’

One person suggested that using a box from the store is just as effective. 'If you grab a box while you are there it's the same thing except you don't have to remember the basket.’

A shopper who used to live on the third floor without a lift had this to say: 'It gets so heavy though. I used to live on the third floor with no elevator and had to haul it up the stairs.’

A shopper explained their own approach: 'I leave the basket in my car and load my trolley up and check out, put it back in the trolley and unload it in the basket outside.’

Even some employees of ALDI agreed with the hack. 'As an Aldi worker as well, I love this, and if it's too heavy, that's not my problem, lol.’

Recently, ALDI swapped its cheap reusable plastic bags for 25-cent brown paper bags.

Some prefer this an eco-friendly change, while others consider the ‘laundry basket hack’ a more practical option. And here’s why.

Using a laundry basket is a one-time expense, unlike buying new brown paper bags for each trip. Plus, it's sturdier, preventing bag tears and spills.

View attachment 30527

Do you think this is an ideal choice for your grocery bag? ALDI's new 15c bag will now be offered to customers at checkouts nationwide. Image source: ALDI.

Time is also a factor to weigh. ALDI, much like other stores, is known for its speedy checkouts. A laundry basket can hasten the unloading of groceries and support a swift packing process at the other end.

Key Takeaways

• A mum has shared her trick for easier grocery shopping at ALDI, by placing a laundry basket in the bottom of her trolley to bypass the bagging process.
  • The hack was shared on social media and has been viewed over 400,000 times, with mixed opinions from users.
  • Some ALDI workers on social media said they are not allowed to bag items into the basket and claim the hack can slow them down.
  • The mum believes the trick makes her grocery shopping experience easier and more efficient.

What are your thoughts on the laundry basket hack for grocery shopping? Do you find it a convenient and practical way or not? Please share your insights and opinions

The basket idea is no good for me. I would never lift it. But what’s wrong with wheeling you trolley to the car and unloading into your own bags if you don’t take your bags into the shop . At our Aldi they just put the item on the counter after scanning. It’s would be up to you to put into basket in trolly .

Reactions: terri and Gsr
This might be ok for younger shoppers, but I’m sure a lot of older people would have trouble lifting a laundry basket full of groceries, I know I wouldn’t be able to lift it.

Reactions: terri
I have a shallow trolley sized bag with 3 divisions I pack straight into at Aldi, balancing weight and sorting like to like as I go. Sturdy handles mean I can lift the lot at once if a lesser shop. If a larger shop, I decant some items into ordinary bags. It works well for this OBE!

funny today in coles a lady was carring around the very same washing basket and I thought how odd,Everyone to their own.

Sounds like a stupid idea to me, you'd never be able to lift it. Four 2litre cartons of milk in a bag is heavy without having your entire weeks shopping, or fortnights in my case.
I would never be able to fit my shop in one basket, would need several..While asking the checkout girl to pack your basket for you, you are holding other people up, or does she just chuck them in willy nilly.Sounds like a lot of smashed eggs, squashed bread, etc to me.
Would much rather pack them myself.

View attachment 30526

View attachment 30527

Key Takeaways

What are your thoughts on the laundry basket hack for grocery shopping? Do you find it a convenient and practical way or not? Please share your insights and opinions below!

I shove everything back into the trolley, at the car items get separated as I require at home (some for the garage, some for fridge, some for freezer AND I do that wherever I do a big shopping... NO "the little old lady" does not want bags... thank you .... why on earth should I have to decide the number of bags I need...even with small shopping I have my small folded bag handy... Fortunately we dont have any more those cashiers that insist on messing up your shopping by putting stuff in that bag ie 2 tins of sardines separated, etc.