This is the most annoying type of plane passenger, according to a former flight attendant

Apparently, there’s something worse than hearing noisy toddlers on board a plane, according to one former flight attendant.

And while there are all sorts of annoying aeroplane passengers out there, according to the woman, there's one type that's worse than all the others. The former flight crew also urged people to avoid making this mistake on their next flight.

Travelling is a great way to unwind and explore new sights. Eating new food and immersing yourself in a different culture should be a relaxing experience, but getting from one destination to another is a whole different story.

Kat Kamalani, a former flight attendant, took to TikTok to dish out on the type of passenger crew members found the ‘most irritating’. Spoiler alert: It’s not a screaming child.

board.jpg
This type of person is the ‘most irritating’ passenger on a plane. Credit: Markus Winkler/Pexels

In the short clip, Kat explains that travellers who complain about a screaming child leave the crew feeling ‘annoyed’.

‘As a flight attendant, there’s nothing that irritates us more than people who complain about crying babies,’ she shared.

‘I promise you, you won’t win. Just be a kind human and don’t do this,’ she continued.

Instead, Kat suggested bringing noise-cancelling headphones on your next long-haul flight.

‘Or maybe ask the parents if they need help,’ she offered. But later on, she warned people to refrain from asking to be moved to a different seat.

‘Because I promise you, no one else wants that baby to stop crying more than that parent,’ she explained.

kat.jpg
Kat said to ‘just be a kind human being’. Credit: Katkamalani/TikTok

Kat’s video has gone viral with over 2.2 million views, and many are divided on their stances.

‘I don’t mind the crying, but I get so mad when parents allow their kids to kick the back of my seat,’ one woman admitted.

Another shared that crying babies aren’t a problem since it’s uncontrollable. But agreed that seat-kicking is not okay, and it gets worse if the parents just let their kids continue the bad behaviour.

‘They need to be educated,’ they said.

While some said that while they do have noise-cancelling headphones, the screaming voices can still be heard through them.

‘No headphones can keep the crying voices away.’

Others said that they don’t mean to make the parents feel bad.

To which one parent replied: ‘It’s annoying for us parents too, but thank you for not making us feel bad about it. We feel bad enough.’

Another parent shared: ‘That was me and my child today. I felt so bad.’

One woman recalled an experience they had with a couple when they boarded a plane. The woman (who is also a mum) said she apologised to the man sitting next to them because her child was being ‘fussy’, but the man turned to her and said ‘if a crying baby on our flight is the worst thing that happens today, then it’s been a good day.’
Key Takeaways

• Former flight attendant Kat Kamalani urged people to not complain to flight attendants about babies crying on board as they find this to be the ‘most irritating’ passenger.
  • If you can't handle crying, she suggested bringing noise-cancelling headphones or asking the parent if they need help.
  • Many agreed that while crying babies aren’t a problem, some of the kids’ rowdy behaviour still annoys them.
You can watch Kat’s video below:

Have you ever had this problem before, folks? Share your stories in the comments section, we’d love to hear them!

Sponsored
Apparently, there’s something worse than hearing noisy toddlers on board a plane, according to one former flight attendant.

And while there are all sorts of annoying aeroplane passengers out there, according to the woman, there's one type that's worse than all the others. The former flight crew also urged people to avoid making this mistake on their next flight.

Travelling is a great way to unwind and explore new sights. Eating new food and immersing yourself in a different culture should be a relaxing experience, but getting from one destination to another is a whole different story.

Kat Kamalani, a former flight attendant, took to TikTok to dish out on the type of passenger crew members found the ‘most irritating’. Spoiler alert: It’s not a screaming child.

View attachment 10169
This type of person is the ‘most irritating’ passenger on a plane. Credit: Markus Winkler/Pexels

In the short clip, Kat explains that travellers who complain about a screaming child leave the crew feeling ‘annoyed’.

‘As a flight attendant, there’s nothing that irritates us more than people who complain about crying babies,’ she shared.

‘I promise you, you won’t win. Just be a kind human and don’t do this,’ she continued.

Instead, Kat suggested bringing noise-cancelling headphones on your next long-haul flight.

‘Or maybe ask the parents if they need help,’ she offered. But later on, she warned people to refrain from asking to be moved to a different seat.

‘Because I promise you, no one else wants that baby to stop crying more than that parent,’ she explained.

View attachment 10170

Kat’s video has gone viral with over 2.2 million views, and many are divided on their stances.

‘I don’t mind the crying, but I get so mad when parents allow their kids to kick the back of my seat,’ one woman admitted.

Another shared that crying babies aren’t a problem since it’s uncontrollable. But agreed that seat-kicking is not okay, and it gets worse if the parents just let their kids continue the bad behaviour.

While some said that while they do have noise-cancelling headphones, the screaming voices can still be heard through them.

To which one parent replied: ‘It’s annoying for us parents too, but thank you for not making us feel bad about it. We feel bad enough.’

One woman recalled an experience they had with a couple when they boarded a plane. The woman (who is also a mum) said she apologised to the man sitting next to them because her child was being ‘fussy’, but the man turned to her and said ‘if a crying baby on our flight is the worst thing that happens today, then it’s been a good day.’
Key Takeaways

• Former flight attendant Kat Kamalani urged people to not complain to flight attendants about babies crying on board as they find this to be the ‘most irritating’ passenger.
  • If you can't handle crying, she suggested bringing noise-cancelling headphones or asking the parent if they need help.
  • Many agreed that while crying babies aren’t a problem, some of the kids’ rowdy behaviour still annoys them.

Have you ever had this problem before, folks? Share your stories in the comments section, we’d love to hear them!

I'm generally an easy going person and would not be offended about a crying child on any form of transportation. Obviously something must be wrong if the child is crying.
One of my dislikes towards airlines, especially in the U.S., is that even though you have booked a flight many months in advance, is that if an employee, like a stewardess, is on as a passenger because they need to be back at another city, that your seat can be lost to them because they choose to sit there in your allocated seat. When l informed the stewardess of the inconsideration of me losing my seat and being forced to sit elsewhere away from my partner, I was told that they have a right to sit anywhere they liked simply because they were an employee.

• Sad
Reactions: Ricci and Jennie

View attachment 10169

View attachment 10170

Key Takeaways

Had a nice looking young 'lady' sitting next to me on an overnight flight a few years ago. Woke up early morning to find her legs across my lap and she was sleeping peacefully!!!!

Reactions: Ricci and Jennie
I'm generally an easy going person and would not be offended about a crying child on any form of transportation. Obviously something must be wrong if the child is crying.
One of my dislikes towards airlines, especially in the U.S., is that even though you have booked a flight many months in advance, is that if an employee, like a stewardess, is on as a passenger because they need to be back at another city, that your seat can be lost to them because they choose to sit there in your allocated seat. When l informed the stewardess of the inconsideration of me losing my seat and being forced to sit elsewhere away from my partner, I was told that they have a right to sit anywhere they liked simply because they were an employee.
That sucks.

Reactions: Ricci

View attachment 10169

View attachment 10170

Key Takeaways

It’s the people who lay their seat right back with no regard for the person behind who can’t get out to stretch their legs. The worst one was a man who was in an exit seat with extra leg room he went back as far as possible. I was on a direct flight to Canada from Australia.

• Sad
Reactions: Pommyoz and Ricci
It’s the people who lay their seat right back with no regard for the person behind who can’t get out to stretch their legs. The worst one was a man who was in an exit seat with extra leg room he went back as far as possible. I was on a direct flight to Canada from Australia.
Happened to me once, I started playing with his hair in a camp way didn't take him long to straighten the chair.

• Haha

View attachment 10169

View attachment 10170

Key Takeaways

I cannot stand screaming children. You hear it all the time in shopping centres nowadays no stopping some of them!!! As for on a plane I cannot stand crying it is awful. Must be some way of keeping them quiet. Wearing hearing aids makes it so much worse.!!!!

• Sad
All jobs have things you may not like if you don't like the things in your job that much that you have to put it on social media get another job

My second child was a screamer, from when he was born. I had to carry him all the time to shut him up and was very sleep deprived. We moved to acreage when he was nine months old and I could put him down because the neighbours were too far away.
He never cried again.
I feel sorry for anyone who experiences that.

Babies can’t help crying! Have some empathy for the poor parents who would desperately love their child to be comfortable enough to stay quiet. And as for reclining seats - they’re made to recline, and on a long flight it’s the only way to have the possibility of sleeping.

On a long flight home from Europe with a stop over in Dubai, a family sat behind us - 2 kids but only one ipad, needless to say they both fought over it all the way home from Dubai

I cannot stand screaming children. You hear it all the time in shopping centres nowadays no stopping some of them!!! As for on a plane I cannot stand crying it is awful. Must be some way of keeping them quiet. Wearing hearing aids makes it so much worse.!!!!
😡

View attachment 10169

View attachment 10170

Key Takeaways

Yes I have. . We were on a flight from New Zealand to Sydney. This child who would have been around 10 never shut up the whole way. I needed to sleep I was so tired no way could you, he was so very loud. Returning from Tasmania on a catamaran a lot of years ago we could all only sit up. The ferry had done an engine & we had to return on a Cat. This child 2 or 3 never stopped the whole trip running up & down & so very noisy. No hushing up from the parents, she was allowed to do what she liked. I cannot believe a child so young could stay up & be noisy the whole trip. It was a nightmare from hell for all of us returning to Melbourne. Children are not disciplined anymore.

An undisciplined toddler or older child isn’t the same as a crying baby! No-one wants the baby to stop crying more than the mother!