This controversial summer ‘recipe’ makes everyone shocked

Summer is the time of year when you can enjoy being outdoors in the sunshine and warmer weather.

But when it comes to gatherings during summer, you have to deal with the hassle of preparing food ahead of time, making sure you have the right ingredients, and stopping by the grocery store to grab any missed item—all of which can be time-consuming and tiring.

However, two ladies showed a new summer ‘recipe’ on social media—Esky Pasta!

Social media personalities Janelle and Kate took to social media recently to share their take on a unique way of serving up a pasta salad. They have dubbed it the ‘best way to make pasta salad.’

The video showed Kate tossing various items into an Esky, including pre-cooked pasta, onions, capsicum, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, and carrots. She then begins mixing them up with a jar of mayonnaise and a dry seasoning of her choice.

The ladies said this recipe was perfect to ‘serve at any party, family get-together, or picnic.’

Screenshot 2023-11-01 at 2.52.28 PM.png
Janelle and Kate shared the steps in making Esky Pasta. Credit: Facebook

However, people’s reactions are divided after watching the video.

While at first glance one would expect mixing food in an esky would be the main issue, that wasn’t the case for this one.

You see, some can't stomach the thought of mayonnaise in salads instead of olive oil or vinaigarette.

'Never heard of mayonnaise in pasta salad,' commented one shocked user.

Another lamented, ‘Mayo? I thought [people] used Italian salad dressing. Not liking the mayo part.’

Meanwhile, many found the chunks of vegetables too big and were not cut into smaller pieces.

One person said, ‘I would cut up the carrots. Also, I would wash the cherry tomatoes before putting in salad.’

Another commented, ‘The veggies still need to be cut smaller and WASHED.’

‘Choking hazard for sure, I’m just saying,’ a third said.

‘That’s not pasta salad that’s a whole bunch of big pieces of veggies with pasta in it,’ a fourth wrote.

You can watch the video of the ‘recipe’ below:

But one person was so fed up seeing food ‘recipes’ and preferred real food served with no ‘magic tricks’ added.

They said, ‘I’m tired of y’all playin’ games with the food.’

Want to make your pasta salad? Check out Babybird’s Italian pasta salad recipe! This is an easy, quick, and simple recipe, loaded with delicious ingredients like salami, mozzarella, black olives, artichokes, and so much more!

Key Takeaways

• A new food ‘recipe’ titled 'Esky pasta' was shared by female duo Janelle & Kate on their social media, which involves using a cooler (Esky) to make a large pasta salad.
  • The ‘recipe’ involves adding pre-prepared ingredients into the cooler, mixing them with mayonnaise and a dry seasoning of choice, and serving directly from the Esky.
  • The ‘recipe’ has divided the internet, with some questioning the use of mayonnaise in a pasta salad and the large chunks of vegetables used.

What do you think of this summer ‘recipe’? Do you have other recipes you always make during summer? Share them in the comments below!

Sponsored
Think that I'll pass.......thanks all the same, think I'll just stick to my French Green salad.🤔🤗😋

First fail - Carrot and cucumber should not be anywhere near pasta.

Second fail - Anything cooked should NOT be served cold, including pasta. The only exceptions are ham and shellfish (prawns, crab, lobster, etc).

• Wow
Reactions: DLHM
Summer is the time of year when you can enjoy being outdoors in the sunshine and warmer weather.

But when it comes to gatherings during summer, you have to deal with the hassle of preparing food ahead of time, making sure you have the right ingredients, and stopping by the grocery store to grab any missed item—all of which can be time-consuming and tiring.

Social media personalities Janelle and Kate took to social media recently to share their take on a unique way of serving up a pasta salad. They have dubbed it the ‘best way to make pasta salad.’

The video showed Kate tossing various items into an Esky, including pre-cooked pasta, onions, capsicum, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, and carrots. She then begins mixing them up with a jar of mayonnaise and a dry seasoning of her choice.

The ladies said this recipe was perfect to ‘serve at any party, family get-together, or picnic.’

View attachment 33670

While at first glance one would expect mixing food in an esky would be the main issue, that wasn’t the case for this one.

You see, some can't stomach the thought of mayonnaise in salads instead of olive oil or vinaigarette.

Another lamented, ‘Mayo? I thought [people] used Italian salad dressing. Not liking the mayo part.’

Meanwhile, many found the chunks of vegetables too big and were not cut into smaller pieces.

One person said, ‘I would cut up the carrots. Also, I would wash the cherry tomatoes before putting in salad.’

‘That’s not pasta salad that’s a whole bunch of big pieces of veggies with pasta in it,’ a fourth wrote.

But one person was so fed up seeing food ‘recipes’ and preferred real food served with no ‘magic tricks’ added.

Want to make your pasta salad? Check out Babybird’s Italian pasta salad recipe! This is an easy, quick, and simple recipe, loaded with delicious ingredients like salami, mozzarella, black olives, artichokes, and so much more!

Key Takeaways

• A new food ‘recipe’ titled 'Esky pasta' was shared by female duo Janelle & Kate on their social media, which involves using a cooler (Esky) to make a large pasta salad.
  • The ‘recipe’ involves adding pre-prepared ingredients into the cooler, mixing them with mayonnaise and a dry seasoning of choice, and serving directly from the Esky.
  • The ‘recipe’ has divided the internet, with some questioning the use of mayonnaise in a pasta salad and the large chunks of vegetables used.

What do you think of this summer ‘recipe’? Do you have other recipes you always make during summer? Share them in the comments below!

L-A-Z-Y

Reactions: Gsr

Second fail - Anything cooked should NOT be served cold, including pasta. The only exceptions are ham and shellfish (prawns, crab, lobster, etc).OR
So you would never have hard boiled egg in your salad or potato salad? What about some left over (or bought for this purpose) cold chicken or slices of lamb leg?
OR no bread or scones or cake? Should I keep thinking of cooked things I eat cold?

What is wrong with using a bowl, be more hygienic and much easier to clean.

View attachment 33670

Key Takeaways

I have seen people make punch for a party in an Esky. It is quite a good size for big groups.
Some people are precious and go ughhh as a knee jerk reaction.
Hopefully this one wasn't the esky the lads take fishing. That would give it that extra tang.

Reactions: Veggiepatch

Second fail - Anything cooked should NOT be served cold, including pasta. The only exceptions are ham and shellfish (prawns, crab, lobster, etc).
I make the best pasta salad but I do add grated carrot, corn, celery finely chopped, capsicum 🫑 pasta, then sour cream, Mayo and lemon juice

View attachment 33670

Key Takeaways

grizzling aussies.

View attachment 33670

Key Takeaways

What do you think of this summer ‘recipe’? Do you have other recipes you always make during summer? Share them in the comments below

Another garbage article - want articles of more importance to the world!!!

So you would never have hard boiled egg in your salad or potato salad? What about some left over (or bought for this purpose) cold chicken or slices of lamb leg?
OR no bread or scones or cake? Should I keep thinking of cooked things I eat cold?
No, no and no.

Cold boiled eggs are the worst. Smells like a preview for something more solid. :poop:

And how people can eat a cold sausage or a piece of pizza the next morning is beyond me.

I don't eat scones and hardly any cake but the occasional piece of bread as toast or toasted sandwiches.