This Coles milk detail left the internet in stitches – You'll never look at it the same way again!

Australia is known for many things, and one of them is the high-quality local dairy production.

Aussies take great pride in its dairy industry, which has a long history of producing milk that is both delicious and nutritious.

The country's natural resources, such as fertile land and abundant water, contribute to the industry’s success, as does Australian farmers’ commitment and hard work.

Speaking of high-quality milk, if you shop at Coles, you’ve likely see the label on their two-litre full cream milk. But did you notice the subtle detail prompting a major online reaction?

Sharing the hilarious discovery on Reddit, one savvy Coles customer pointed out how that supermarket’s dairy label could be misconstrued to suggest that the milk is sourced from South Australian farmers rather than cows.

photo-2.jpg
One Coles shopper took to Reddit to point out a ‘hilarious’ detail in the label of the dairy product. Credit: Reddit.

You read that right, folks! The original poster cheekily asked: 'I thought milk came from cows? What is Coles doing to these farmers?'

Needless to say, their question sparked a huge wave of reaction, with thousands taking to social media to share their thoughts.

One person joked: 'Do the farmers at least get enough roaming time? I find the milk from them tastes better the more relaxed, pastured and grass-grazed they are.’

‘Also, I hope they get enough human rights.'

Another quipped: 'I thought it tasted funny …'

With the price of supermarket milk ever rising, one more person jested: 'No wonder the price has gone up.'

One more wrote: 'They’re happy, we’re happy. Everybody is happy. And if you want to be happy you’ll stop asking questions and move along now.'

Many had a good laugh at the expense of the dairy industry.

'Milking the farmers for all they’re worth?' joked one.

'Farmers have been complaining that the supermarket chains are milking them for years. I don’t know how you’re surprised,' said another.

Key Takeaways
  • A savvy Coles customer shared a hilarious discovery on Reddit regarding a subtle detail on the supermarket's dairy label.
  • The label could be misconstrued to suggest that the milk is sourced from South Australian farmers rather than cows, prompting a major online reaction.
  • Thousands of people took to social media to share their thoughts and jokes about the label's implication of 'milking' farmers.
  • The post allowed many to have a good laugh at the expense of the dairy industry while also bringing attention to the importance of reading labels and saving money at the supermarket.

What a dairy oddity! While we’ve yet to confirm whether the labelling mistake is intentional, it should be noted that humour has become a popular tool used by many companies to engage with their customers.

When used correctly, humorous content has been known to create more consumer attention and engagement.

This post from Coles is a perfect example - the witty remark about ‘South Australian farmers’ made many people laugh and look at the product with a newfound curiosity.

This can be attributed to the humorous spin given to the post, as humour encourages positive feelings and builds an emotional connection to the brand.

Humour also helps break down barriers and form personal customer relationships.

It provides an entry point to discussing serious topics without taking away from the seriousness of the topic itself.

In this case, the humorous comment surrounding the source of the milk prompted further discussion about the relationship between supermarkets and local farmers.

We’d like to hear from you. Have you ever noticed this detail on Coles milk? Tell us about it in the comments below!

Sponsored
It is funny but the meaning is not what the customer actually thought.

It's stating that they looked to South Australian farmers to find the milk.
South Australia = Farmers = Farms = cows .
It's the farmers that milk the cows , the cows don't milk themselves so they have to source it through the farmers who then give them the milk.

I would never have looked at the way the customer did.

Here is another example :
  1. obtain from a particular source.
    "each type of coffee is sourced from one country"

Australia is known for many things, and one of them is the high-quality local dairy production.

Aussies take great pride in its dairy industry, which has a long history of producing milk that is both delicious and nutritious.

The country's natural resources, such as fertile land and abundant water, contribute to the industry’s success, as does Australian farmers’ commitment and hard work.

Speaking of high-quality milk, if you shop at Coles, you’ve likely see the label on their two-litre full cream milk. But did you notice the subtle detail prompting a major online reaction?

Sharing the hilarious discovery on Reddit, one savvy Coles customer pointed out how that supermarket’s dairy label could be misconstrued to suggest that the milk is sourced from South Australian farmers rather than cows.

View attachment 16078
One Coles shopper took to Reddit to point out a ‘hilarious’ detail in the label of the dairy product. Credit: Reddit.

You read that right, folks! The original poster cheekily asked: 'I thought milk came from cows? What is Coles doing to these farmers?'

Needless to say, their question sparked a huge wave of reaction, with thousands taking to social media to share their thoughts.

One person joked: 'Do the farmers at least get enough roaming time? I find the milk from them tastes better the more relaxed, pastured and grass-grazed they are.’

With the price of supermarket milk ever rising, one more person jested: 'No wonder the price has gone up.'

One more wrote: 'They’re happy, we’re happy. Everybody is happy. And if you want to be happy you’ll stop asking questions and move along now.'

'Farmers have been complaining that the supermarket chains are milking them for years. I don’t know how you’re surprised,' said another.

Key Takeaways

• A savvy Coles customer shared a hilarious discovery on Reddit regarding a subtle detail on the supermarket's dairy label.
  • The label could be misconstrued to suggest that the milk is sourced from South Australian farmers rather than cows, prompting a major online reaction.
  • Thousands of people took to social media to share their thoughts and jokes about the label's implication of 'milking' farmers.
  • The post allowed many to have a good laugh at the expense of the dairy industry while also bringing attention to the importance of reading labels and saving money at the supermarket.

What a dairy oddity! While we’ve yet to confirm whether the labelling mistake is intentional, it should be noted that humour has become a popular tool used by many companies to engage with their customers.

When used correctly, humorous content has been known to create more consumer attention and engagement.

This post from Coles is a perfect example - the witty remark about ‘South Australian farmers’ made many people laugh and look at the product with a newfound curiosity.

This can be attributed to the humorous spin given to the post, as humour encourages positive feelings and builds an emotional connection to the brand.

It provides an entry point to discussing serious topics without taking away from the seriousness of the topic itself.

In this case, the humorous comment surrounding the source of the milk prompted further discussion about the relationship between supermarkets and local farmers.

We’d like to hear from you. Have you ever noticed this detail on Coles milk? Tell us about it in the comments below!
To be honest knowing what LEACHES Coles are I am surprised is it not sourced from China.

What bloody next? Will Coles shoppers soon be demanding that the bottles be signed with the name of the cow whose udder was pumped to fill the bloody bottle? What a lot of rot! Should a car have a little label in the engine compartment bearing the names of all the workers who produced it? Get real!

View attachment 16078

Key Takeaways

In NZ a typical bit of Kiwi humour
"Milk comes from Bulls"
- Bulls being a fertile farming area in the Rangitikei District

View attachment 16078

Key Takeaways

Have you ever looked at the 'contents' label on the milk bottle and notice that they contain MILK?

Reactions: Macarj and Zemo
In the same way as the labels on the tins of tuna or salmon proclaim "CONTAINS FISH". duh

Reactions: Defiant540
What bloody next? Will Coles shoppers soon be demanding that the bottles be signed with the name of the cow whose udder was pumped to fill the bloody bottle? What a lot of rot! Should a car have a little label in the engine compartment bearing the names of all the workers who produced it? Get real!
Very funny, but true.

Reactions: trawler

It's the farmers that milk the cows , the cows don't milk themselves so they have to source it through the farmers who then give them the milk.

yeah I too knew what it meant think most of us here did

Relax man, have a cup of tea (no milk) and a Bex. See the funny side for goodness sake, we all need a laugh now and then to control our blood pressure so we don't have to go to Woolies to get our tablets prescribed. Chill man!

Reactions: TheBear and tomtom

I love your posts Suzanne you're always so logical

Reactions: Suzanne rose