This brilliant trick will ensure your clothes dry perfectly, even in wet weather!

We all know the frustrating feeling of doing a load of laundry, only to have the drying process take forever because Mother Nature isn't cooperating.

Wet weather can be a pain when it comes to drying your clothes, especially if you don't have the luxury of a dryer or the budget to run it.

Luckily for us, one genius mum came up with an easy solution for this common problem – and it doesn't even require any fancy technology!

Screen Shot 2022-10-25 at 1.54.26 PM.png
Emily's clothes dry significantly faster now that she hangs them near a heating vent. Credit: Emily Bloomfield.

Emily shared her discovery in the Facebook group Bunnings Mums Australia, revealing that installing a washing line right next to a ducted heating vent has made all the difference for her laundry routine.

And not only does this nifty little hack speed up the drying process, but it also means her clothes come out smelling amazing!

'The best thing I did while renovating my laundry was to install a washing line right next to the ducted heating vent,' she said in her post on social media.

'This is a mini Hills fold down from Bunnings. It holds 1-2 loads of washing. A game changer in winter!'

Screen Shot 2022-10-25 at 1.54.14 PM.png
When the weather isn't suitable for hanging out clothing outside, an indoor clothesline might be a big help. Credit: iStock. (Stock photo)

Her post quickly went viral on social media, receiving over 3000 likes from impressed mums who vowed to try out the idea for themselves. Comments poured in from people who said they had already done something similar in their own homes and swore by it!

'Everyone thought I was crazy for adding a heating vent in the laundry,' one commenter wrote. 'Best idea ever!'

Another added: 'My dear handyman dad made me something similar - all materials from Bunnings. It folds up onto the bulkhead wall next to the boiler in the laundry, so you can't see it from the kitchen. Things dry in no time at all!'

While having access to heat definitely helps things dry faster, lots of other commenters pointed out that they don't have this luxury but still find that their clothes air-dry perfectly using this method – even during wet weather conditions!

'I don't have a dryer or ducted aircon vent,' one woman explained. 'The laundry does get some arvo sun, and everything dries perfectly!'
Key Takeaways

• A mum has come up with a hack for quickly drying clothes in wet weather - by installing a clothes hanger near a heating vent.
  • The hack has been a hit with other mums, who say it has made a big difference to their laundry routine.
  • While the heating vent definitely helps to dry your clothes faster, lots of mums say they've installed the clothes hanger in their laundry without heating and have no issues with drying times.

So there you have it, folks! This just proves that sometimes, the simplest solutions are also the best ones. For times when the weather outside isn't cooperative at all, consider these other methods for drying your clothes:
  • Wrap each article of clothing in a large bathroom towel and roll them up like a burrito. This absorbs extra moisture for faster drying!
  • After your washing machine has finished its normal cycle, run a second spin cycle to 'wring' out some of the excess water.
  • Another crafty option is to use your hairdryer to dry your garments when they are too wet.
We hope this helps! If you have more laundry tips and tricks, please feel free to share them in the comments.

Reactions: Ezzy, Ricci and BJM
Sponsored
Nothing new, use of indoor lines have been around for hundreds of years, the old style homes had wrap around verandahs and in bad weather everyone had clotheslines under their verandahs, I myself did when my kids were little and when they were teens I again had clothes lines under our patio/ carport, I could get 6 loads of washing hung out, the few items that did not dry were hung on a clothes airer inside and residual heat from a fire or heater dried them off overnight. These days as I am disabled and cannot get out to a clothesline I dry most of my clothes on a big fold down clothes airer and park it in my back sliding door, the breeze (gale here in Tasmania) blows through them during the day and at night I park it in the down draught from the heat pump finishes them off overnight, to be honest I am getting sick of so called new hacks when us oldies have been doing them for many years.

I love it when these young mum's come up with these fantastic "new ideas" when us older folk, plus our parents and grandparents, have been doing this for ever. Perhaps their parents never told them about how we did things before technology.

My husband made me a nappy drier when we had our first child. A little like a clothes horse, but it had pegs along the top rails. I could then peg the nappies across the drier. It fit 25 nappies. Now I use it for socks and undies. Much quicker than pegging them all out on the line. Can also put them under shelter when raining or inside to dry at night.