This bride saved THOUSANDS by knitting her own wedding dress!

A lot of preparation goes into making a wedding happen. Between the venue, catering, invitations, décor, music, and entertainment, it all starts to get a bit overwhelming and expensive! The costs can add up pretty quickly – especially if you’ve set your heart on having the ‘perfect wedding’.

Whatever your idea of perfection is, one thing’s for sure – you shouldn’t have to spend a fortune to make it happen. Just ask Veronika Linberg; a newlywed who decided to knit her own wedding dress.

The idea of a perfect wedding is appealing to everyone. For some, it might mean a huge, lavish affair with hundreds of guests. For others, it might mean an intimate gathering of only close family and friends. And for others still, it might just be about having a unique and personalised day that they’ll never forget.

And Veronica Linberg, a self-taught knitting content creator, knew she wanted her wedding to be special.

But she also didn’t want to spend too much money on her big day. So, what was her solution? Knitting her wedding dress. And no, she didn’t do it last minute to cut costs. Veronica spent over 200 hours crafting her special dress.

wedding.JPG
Veronica Linberg wearing her knitted wedding dress. Credit: kutovakika on Instagram

We know what you’re thinking. Who in their right mind would put themselves through that? But Veronica explains in a previous interview that she thought it would be cool to knit the wedding dress herself. She explains she wanted to show others how ‘fashionable knitwear can be’ and promote the process behind ‘slow fashion’.

The best part about this? She only spent $290 on 30 balls of white pure silk yarn to finish her dream dress. Veronica documented this whole process on YouTube, where she showed viewers her small wins – and the minor setbacks she experienced – while making her dress. The entire knitting process spanned over 45 days.

You can watch the video here:

Veronica also had reservations about the design of her dress. She said she didn’t want it to look like a ‘pyjama dress’ or to look shapeless. ‘About two weeks in, I had finished the bodice but tried it on and found out it was way too big for me,’ she said. Veronica also revealed that she ended up ripping it apart and starting all over again.

Finally, when Veronica finished her dress, she said she felt relief all at once. ‘When I put it on for the ceremony’, she wrote, ‘I felt such relief. I could not have been happier with the finished product.’ Veronica also mentioned that she hoped her experience would dispel the myth that knitting is only for older adults.

‘It’s wonderful to be able to choose your own materials and produce something that is tailored to your own liking and vision.’ She said.

dress2.JPG
Veronica’s finished knitted dress. Credit: kutovakika on Instagram

Key Takeaways

• Veronica, a newlywed bride has revealed she spent over 200 hours knitting her own wedding dress.
  • In an essay published in Insider, Veronica revealed that she paid $290 for 30 balls of white pure silk yarn.
  • The knit designer made sure to document the process and posted it on YouTube, capturing everything she experienced over the 45 days it took to for the dress to be completed.
  • Veronica hopes her experience would dispel the myth that knitting is only for older adults.
  • ‘When I put it on for the ceremony, I felt such relief, and I could not have been happier with the finished product,’ she reflected.

There you have it, dear members! What do you think of Veronica’s dress? Do you think it’s too simple or just right? We think the dress looks very elegant and pretty! Share with us your thoughts in the comments below!

Sponsored
Good on her , too many brides spend a small fortune on their wedding dress.

I love the design except the shape around the hips it looks a little puffy and out of shape.

The stitching is beautiful as is the square neckline.

But I was a bridal dress consultant so will admit I critique harshly

The main thing is that the bride was happy

A lot of preparation goes into making a wedding happen. Between the venue, catering, invitations, décor, music, and entertainment, it all starts to get a bit overwhelming and expensive! The costs can add up pretty quickly – especially if you’ve set your heart on having the ‘perfect wedding’.

Whatever your idea of perfection is, one thing’s for sure – you shouldn’t have to spend a fortune to make it happen. Just ask Veronika Linberg; a newlywed who decided to knit her own wedding dress.

The idea of a perfect wedding is appealing to everyone. For some, it might mean a huge, lavish affair with hundreds of guests. For others, it might mean an intimate gathering of only close family and friends. And for others still, it might just be about having a unique and personalised day that they’ll never forget.

And Veronica Linberg, a self-taught knitting content creator, knew she wanted her wedding to be special.

But she also didn’t want to spend too much money on her big day. So, what was her solution? Knitting her wedding dress. And no, she didn’t do it last minute to cut costs. Veronica spent over 200 hours crafting her special dress.

View attachment 7360
Veronica Linberg wearing her knitted wedding dress. Credit: kutovakika on Instagram

We know what you’re thinking. Who in their right mind would put themselves through that? But Veronica explains in a previous interview that she thought it would be cool to knit the wedding dress herself. She explains she wanted to show others how ‘fashionable knitwear can be’ and promote the process behind ‘slow fashion’.

The best part about this? She only spent $290 on 30 balls of white pure silk yarn to finish her dream dress. Veronica documented this whole process on YouTube, where she showed viewers her small wins – and the minor setbacks she experienced – while making her dress. The entire knitting process spanned over 45 days.

Veronica also had reservations about the design of her dress. She said she didn’t want it to look like a ‘pyjama dress’ or to look shapeless. ‘About two weeks in, I had finished the bodice but tried it on and found out it was way too big for me,’ she said. Veronica also revealed that she ended up ripping it apart and starting all over again.

Finally, when Veronica finished her dress, she said she felt relief all at once. ‘When I put it on for the ceremony’, she wrote, ‘I felt such relief. I could not have been happier with the finished product.’ Veronica also mentioned that she hoped her experience would dispel the myth that knitting is only for older adults.

‘It’s wonderful to be able to choose your own materials and produce something that is tailored to your own liking and vision.’ She said.

View attachment 7359

Key Takeaways

• Veronica, a newlywed bride has revealed she spent over 200 hours knitting her own wedding dress.
  • In an essay published in Insider, Veronica revealed that she paid $290 for 30 balls of white pure silk yarn.
  • The knit designer made sure to document the process and posted it on YouTube, capturing everything she experienced over the 45 days it took to for the dress to be completed.
  • Veronica hopes her experience would dispel the myth that knitting is only for older adults.
  • ‘When I put it on for the ceremony, I felt such relief, and I could not have been happier with the finished product,’ she reflected.

There you have it, dear members! What do you think of Veronica’s dress? Do you think it’s too simple or just right? We think the dress looks very elegant and pretty! Share with us your thoughts in the comments below!

I have done a lot of knitting in my time but I've never tackled anything so huge. Good on her for having a vision and seeing it through to completion, I don't think I would have managed, not with moving home at the same time. It looked really good on her and was definitely a one off. :)

Good on her , too many brides spend a small fortune on their wedding dress.

I love the design except the shape around the hips it looks a little puffy and out of shape.

The stitching is beautiful as is the square neckline.

But I was a bridal dress consultant so will admit I critique harshly

The main thing is that the bride was happy
As a Wedding dressmaker, I admire that she had the idea to make it herself. I made my own dress as one of the first I made, was for my 1959 wedding I also made the 4 bridesmaids' dresses also. Fabric, not knitting or crochet. I remember saving so much money with my dress & veil. This is why I eventually opened a bridal shop where I made only to order. This was after I came to Australia & had experience working in another bridal shop in Cairns.

View attachment 7360

View attachment 7359

Key Takeaways

It's a beautiful dress and you are very talented.Congratulations.

As a Wedding dressmaker, I admire that she had the idea to make it herself. I made my own dress as one of the first I made, was for my 1959 wedding I also made the 4 bridesmaids' dresses also. Fabric, not knitting or crochet. I remember saving so much money with my dress & veil. This is why I eventually opened a bridal shop where I made only to order. This was after I came to Australia & had experience working in another bridal shop in Cairns.
I know a few designers, who have tried to get me to work for them. I worked for Maggie Sottero for 13 years.
Do you still design ?
I would love to see a photo of your wedding dress.

Reactions: JayKay and Ricci

View attachment 7360

View attachment 7359

Key Takeaways

She is awesome I take my 🎩 off to her job well done.😍

Reactions: Ricci

View attachment 7360

View attachment 7359

Key Takeaways

Hi I admire her talent. The dress looks beautiful and unique. I am a keen knitter and love seeing other people enjoying knitting as well and particularly younger people good on her