This breakfast news program was discreetly axed after lacklustre ratings

We are sorry to report that the latest casualty of the TV network rating war is Channel Ten's morning news bulletin 10 News First Breakfast.

It was unceremoniously axed following its dismal performance on the highly competitive morning show slot.

A statement released by Paramount, the company behind Channel Ten, revealed the network’s morning lineup for 2023.

Starting January 9, viewers can expect to see a new lunchtime news program called 10News First: Midday with news presenter Narelda Jacobs set to give Aussies their fill of relevant stories from 12 PM to 1 PM on weekdays.

However, 10 News First Breakfast is noticeably absent from its usual 8 AM to 8:30 AM time slot on the list — something the statement does not address at all.

Screenshot_2.png
10 News First Breakfast being left out from Paramount’s announced morning lineup for Channel Ten in 2023 is not good news. Screengrab Credit: YouTube/10 News First

The glaring omission signals the end for the show, which had suffered low ratings for months.

In June, the program reportedly set the record for the worst rating in Australian TV history with only an average of 17,000 viewers in its first five days on-air.

To put things in perspective, Channel 7’s Sunrise and Channel Nine’s Today averages views in the hundreds of thousands.

Two months later in August, 10 News First Breakfast set another sorry record when it posted zero viewers in Perth.

These feats even earned jokes from Channel Ten’s Sarah Harris (Studio 10) and Lachlan Kennedy (10 News First Breakfast) at the Kennedy Awards, where Harris said in jest to 500 onlookers: ‘Wow, so this is what it’s like to have an audience!’

Meanwhile, Studio 10 saw an hour and thirty minutes slashed from its usual runtime from 8:30 AM-12 PM. The show will air from 10 AM to noon starting next year.

Screenshot_3.png
Channel Ten’s Studio 10 also had its usual hours slashed. Screengrab Credit: YouTube/Studio 10

Media industry website TV Blackbox reveals that Channel Ten staff have been informed of the morning lineup changes — and warned about possible job cuts.

Allegedly, Paramount Executive Vice President and Chief Content Officer Bev McGarvey told network workers she couldn’t promise that there wouldn’t be any personnel let go of.

Channel Ten has had it rough in terms of finances. In 2020, the network posted a $3.4 million bottom-line loss according to filings with the Australian Securities & Investments Commission.

Recent reports say the network has resorted to cost-cutting measures such as a freeze on hiring new staff and cancelling this year’s network Christmas party.

In addition to the network’s woes, several personalities have also bolted in recent months, with Carrie Bickmore, Lisa Wilkinson, and Peter Helliar announcing their Channel Ten exits from The Project.

All things considered, it’s not a surprise that there are claims of low staff morale.

For their sake, at least, we hope things turn out better for Channel Ten.

Here’s their new morning lineup for 2023:

8.00 AM – 8:30 AM Everyday Gourmet With Justine Schofield
8:30 AM – 9.00 AMEntertainment Tonight (Encore)
9.00 AM – 9:30 AMJudge Judy
9:30 AM – 10.00 AM The Bold and the Beautiful (Encore)
10.00 AM – 12.00 PMStudio 10
12.00 PM – 1.00 PM 10 News First: Midday

If you have time, you could also find out which Channel Nine journalist is making the big switch to Channel Seven — and joining what used to be a rival program!

What is your reaction to this sad development from Ten?

Share your thoughts below!

Sponsored
Channel 10 has become a joke of a channel with the likes of the project and lisa wilkinson who should be charged with contempt of court over the supposed rape in parliment house trial they have become far too left leaning and rival the abc for their biased one sided views.Their programmes should be worn out by being played over and over again they need a good morning wake up call and im glad people are showing their contempt for them by tuning out
At least learn to spell parliament correctly.
Channel 10 has been going downhill since Paramount took over.
Remember all the fun on Studio 10 when 5 women were on it? Carlotta etc ? It was all laughs.
So different from the other shows on other channels.
Then they had a woman come on telling us we were racist.
Lisa Wilkinson "charged with contempt"-----------really??
"supposed rape"-----really??
You lot are the reason our country has been down the drain for the past decade with that embarrassing Govt.

Well... I would watch the 10 news BUT there is a problem.. Channel 10 refuse to consider or tolerate people who are deaf or need text captions ... the compere will say "Good Morning to you all" and that will flash on and off for at least 60 seconds or more while to rest of the news is read and then it will start new flashing .. the weather today well be .... and that will flash on off ..next 32 degrees in Broken Hill ...this wiil flash for another minute .. while the majority of the weather goes on and we have no idea what is being said... simply put the quality of the captions is craptions .

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: Tipsy and Ricci
Unfortunately we are a country were only two sides are enough (9 and 7) and the others are fighting for the leftovers.-
Most news on any channel is full of lies as they only inform us of what they are told to.... I take every news item with a grain of salt as I have personally seen how they make something look worse than it is and that is just in general news, let alone note worthy stuf

Reactions: Klaus A
I have always been wary of destructive criticism whenever I have seen the sadness it really can cause cause another human being who has not deserved it. People who I have known many years, wanting to put in their sixpenneth worth. Where does it get you? I'd prefer "laughter lines" than to be continually giving an opinion of hate. It not only bores me but can upset many others in its "run to the pole" for what? Constructive criticism is for me any day. Smooth the pathway when giving an opinion, without malice & freely put in your idea, one to another without condemning. We are human one & all, come from different parentage, creed & color, nationalities & a mixture of talent we can learn from. Apart from the News @ night, the odd film & a funny of course, I wouldn't hold my breath that there is much on so I'll give some sewing a go.

Reactions: Ricci
Oh, by "news", you mean the five-second grabs where some talking head gives us the good guts on what they've been paid to say? Suppose the pronouncers see something on the idiot sheet that they think might be doubtful, do they take the time to research the subject and maybe correct the information? One of my all-time faves was when a creek somewhere was in flood and some dits was standing on the bank as the water rushed by behind her. The other side of the creek was at least 20 metres away. Somebody in the studio asked her to describe the scene. "Yes, I can see the water has risen at least half a millimetre while we are speaking," she informed the gawpers. If Nicole breaks a fingernail, that rates at least 45 seconds of world-shattering air time. And what do the bits of paper that they shuffle around on the desk or wave ineffectually in front of them contain?

Last edited:
Channel 10 is a woke promotion vehicle, however, it appears the viewers have or are waking up to this fact. Until this propaganda tool of the left change, it will continue to lose all but the converted and gullible viewers.

The only show I like on ch10 is the Bold and the Beautiful, I’ve tried other shows on there but every second advert is about the Batchelor which is grating to say the least

It will start rolling on to the other TV station's compared to a few years ago their ratings have fallen. People are over corporate TV run by ex LNP money men. 9 Costello. 7 Stokes. Sky Murdoch the boss of the LNP. Remember all these channels and their mouthpieces enabled and championed on the most corrupt Government in Australian history under Morrison. Any one let alone a news broadcaster who thinks Robodebt was a good thing should be facing criminal charges over the people who they left no resort to but take their own lives. We need broadcasters who allow all sides to be questioned impartially.

Channel 10 has too many Woke shows and staff. Little wonder the ratings are so low.
I never watch any of channel 10's offerings. I only go for the best Channel 7. It is no wonder the other stations are so far behind 7 as their presenters are mostly an untalented lot. Definitely not worth watching in my humble opinion.

It will start rolling on to the other TV station's compared to a few years ago their ratings have fallen. People are over corporate TV run by ex LNP money men. 9 Costello. 7 Stokes. Sky Murdoch the boss of the LNP. Remember all these channels and their mouthpieces enabled and championed on the most corrupt Government in Australian history under Morrison. Any one let alone a news broadcaster who thinks Robodebt was a good thing should be facing criminal charges over the people who they left no resort to but take their own lives. We need broadcasters who allow all sides to be questioned impartially.
We also need politicians who can vote on their conscience. not just follow the party lines. More like the ONE NATION's politicians. They are never afraid of their own opinions.

We are sorry to report that the latest casualty of the TV network rating war is Channel Ten's morning news bulletin 10 News First Breakfast.

It was unceremoniously axed following its dismal performance on the highly competitive morning show slot.

A statement released by Paramount, the company behind Channel Ten, revealed the network’s morning lineup for 2023.

Starting January 9, viewers can expect to see a new lunchtime news program called 10News First: Midday with news presenter Narelda Jacobs set to give Aussies their fill of relevant stories from 12 PM to 1 PM on weekdays.

However, 10 News First Breakfast is noticeably absent from its usual 8 AM to 8:30 AM time slot on the list — something the statement does not address at all.

View attachment 10100
10 News First Breakfast being left out from Paramount’s announced morning lineup for Channel Ten in 2023 is not good news. Screengrab Credit: YouTube/10 News First

The glaring omission signals the end for the show, which had suffered low ratings for months.

In June, the program reportedly set the record for the worst rating in Australian TV history with only an average of 17,000 viewers in its first five days on-air.

To put things in perspective, Channel 7’s Sunrise and Channel Nine’s Today averages views in the hundreds of thousands.

Two months later in August, 10 News First Breakfast set another sorry record when it posted zero viewers in Perth.

These feats even earned jokes from Channel Ten’s Sarah Harris (Studio 10) and Lachlan Kennedy (10 News First Breakfast) at the Kennedy Awards, where Harris said in jest to 500 onlookers: ‘Wow, so this is what it’s like to have an audience!’

Meanwhile, Studio 10 saw an hour and thirty minutes slashed from its usual runtime from 8:30 AM-12 PM. The show will air from 10 AM to noon starting next year.

View attachment 10101
Channel Ten’s Studio 10 also had its usual hours slashed. Screengrab Credit: YouTube/Studio 10

Media industry website TV Blackbox reveals that Channel Ten staff have been informed of the morning lineup changes — and warned about possible job cuts.

Allegedly, Paramount Executive Vice President and Chief Content Officer Bev McGarvey told network workers she couldn’t promise that there wouldn’t be any personnel let go of.

Channel Ten has had it rough in terms of finances. In 2020, the network posted a $3.4 million bottom-line loss according to filings with the Australian Securities & Investments Commission.

Recent reports say the network has resorted to cost-cutting measures such as a freeze on hiring new staff and cancelling this year’s network Christmas party.

In addition to the network’s woes, several personalities have also bolted in recent months, with Carrie Bickmore, Lisa Wilkinson, and Peter Helliar announcing their Channel Ten exits from The Project.

All things considered, it’s not a surprise that there are claims of low staff morale.

8.00 AM – 8:30 AMEveryday Gourmet With Justine Schofield
9:30 AM – 10.00 AMThe Bold and the Beautiful (Encore)
12.00 PM – 1.00 PM10 News First: Midday

If you have time, you could also find out which Channel Nine journalist is making the big switch to Channel Seven — and joining what used to be a rival program!

View attachment 10100

View attachment 10101

8.00 AM – 8:30 AMEveryday Gourmet With Justine Schofield
9:30 AM – 10.00 AM The Bold and the Beautiful (Encore)
12.00 PM – 1.00 PM10 News First: Midday

I don’t watch TV usually in the morning
But I have to say, I don’t find any of the channels interesting to watch except for
SBS as far as I am concerned they have the best programs than all the other channels.

The only show I like on ch10 is the Bold and the Beautiful, I’ve tried other shows on there but every second advert is about the Batchelor which is grating to say the least
Which particular telebishion shew is that --- "The Batchelor", with a T?

If watching early morning T.V. it is 96 for me. Only problem here is that 96 repeats most programs more than once during the day.