This $19 Bunnings item is causing a stir—here's why everyone wants one!

Bunnings Warehouse has recently sparked a shopping fever with the release of a limited-edition item, leaving customers excited to get their hands on it.

The item in question? A $19 Bluey Hammerbarn garden gnome that has been flying off the shelves at an unprecedented rate.

This shopping frenzy is a result of the recent collaboration between Bunnings and the famous Australian kids show Bluey.

The hardware chain has transformed seven of its stores in Australia and New Zealand into 'Hammerbarn', a fictional DIY chain featured in the show, for February.

Screenshot 2024-02-06 085811.png
Bunnings Warehouse launched its limited edition Bluey collection. Image source: @itseuniceo/TikTok

This transformation includes the aforementioned rebrand of shop fronts, offering Bluey-themed kids DIY workshops on weekends, and releasing a line of merchandise in all its stores.

The star of this merchandise line is undoubtedly the Bluey Hammerbarn garden gnome.

These gnomes, affectionately dubbed 'husbands' in the episode they featured in, have become a hot commodity among shoppers.

Retailing at just $19, these figurines have been so popular that they've reportedly sold out online, leaving many customers disappointed.

Bunnings confirmed that the garden gnomes have indeed been the most sought-after product in the Bluey range, causing all floor stock to sell out.

'Our Bluey product range has been extremely popular over the weekend, with the Bluey garden gnomes (husbands) being the most sought-after product, causing all floor stock to sell out,' a spokesperson said.

Social media is abuzz with stories of customers rushing to their local Bunnings stores only to find the gnomes sold out.

‘I went to a Bunnings to get the garden gnomes, and they were all gone, apparently they disappeared in a matter of minutes,’ a shopper said.

The frenzy over these garden gnomes has led to some shoppers going to extreme lengths to secure one. Some have even resorted to making deals in car parks to get their hands on the coveted figurines.

‘Two planes, an airport transfer and a dodgy deal on a street corner. But I’m so thrilled to announce: I GOT MY GNOMES!’ loyal Bluey fan and comedian Christian Hull remarked.

You can watch his video here:

Given the overwhelming response to the Bluey Hammerbarn garden gnomes, it's clear that the demand for Bluey merchandise is not slowing down anytime soon.

Bunnings has assured customers that the range will be in stock soon.

‘We are sorry to hear some customers missed out on a Bluey garden gnome this weekend,’ the Bunnings spokesperson said.

‘There will be additional stock of the range dropping into selected stores soon and we are working hard to get this into stores as quickly as possible,’ they added.

In the meantime, fans of the show can still participate in the Hammerbarn fun this month with free Bluey-themed kids D.I.Y. workshops, scavenger hunts, face painting, colouring walls, and much more.

Bluey, an Australian animated television series, has overtaken the world since its debut in 2018. The show follows the adventures of a lovable Blue Heeler puppy named Bluey and her family, and it has resonated with audiences of all ages worldwide due to its heartwarming stories, relatable characters, and charming animation.

In the US, it also became the second most streamed show on Disney+, with a whopping 44 billion cumulative streaming minutes in 2023.

So, whether you're a Bluey fan or just a casual viewer, keep an eye out for the next wave of Bluey merchandise. Who knows? The next must-have item could be just around the corner.

Some of the Hammerbarn features are shown here:

Key Takeaways
  • Bunnings released a range of limited-edition Bluey Hammerbarn garden gnomes, sparking a frenzy among shoppers.
  • The garden gnomes, priced at $19, sold out quickly after hitting shelves, exceeding Bunnings' expectations.
  • Shoppers expressed disappointment on social media after missing out on purchasing the popular items, with some having gone to extreme lengths to secure them.
  • Bunnings promises additional stock of the Bluey range will be hitting selected stores soon, and there are other Bluey-themed activities and merchandise available in the meantime.

What are your thoughts on the Bluey Hammerbarn garden gnome craze? Have you managed to snag one of these coveted figurines? Share your experiences in the comments below.

Sponsored
I use to be a bit of a collector, thankfully I've come to my senses. After awhile I looked it and thought why.!!! Ended up giving it all away or binning it
its what Iam now doing - I rarely buy anything now especially craft or so-called collectables. Don't even check the date (or designs) on coins anymore.

Reactions: PattiB