This ‘luxury’ wall light is only $5 at Kmart!

Janika, an Aussie mum who also goes by Mood Collective on Instagram, has revealed how she created a beautiful designer-inspired wall light using a $5 buy from Kmart.

5WvdQdErOB5kEWWxrLUIG6GvLm82COvZj5XgZzTjCQ5U35K82lRXH6i8xjaPSrzholFcGd-4BNj46breSuwxAaRGMN2f0LgVG7jWkEIOI8pjh_-4zADw9QSv_aZw108gaw_ZycGj

The DIY hanging light blends perfectly well with Janika’s interior. Photos from Instagram / moodcollectiveau.

“Ok, this one's for the renters and those who have a dark area in their home but no electrical outlets!” wrote the interior stylist.

“That's right - no wiring required!”

Janika showed that she used the Speckled Hanging Wall Planter from Kmart. The slightly off-white colour and matte finish perfectly suited her wall and ceramic decor, elevating the total appeal.

Similar hanging lights from designer brands can cost up to $200, almost 40 times the price of the Kmart planter.

Before mounting the planter on the wall, Janika padded the inside with bubble wraps and placed an ‘inexpensive’ puck light.

She already had a nail in the wall to mount the planter on, so she advised that for renters who are not allowed to drill their walls, Velcro strips work perfectly fine too.

“Turned it on, and voila! Best part is you can use them outdoors too,” she said.

Hundreds of people commented on the post, praising Janika for her decor hack that's perfect for those seeking a budget-friendly alternative.

“Love this! Such a cool idea and looks amazing,” said one person.

“So clever, this is such a great hack,” another added.

Others were inspired to try this themselves, saying: “I'm seriously doing this.”

Zoe, from Perth, also decided to try the DIY hanging light herself and shared the results on her Facebook page, The DIY Decorator.

In one of her Facebook posts, she wrote that she was pleasantly surprised by the outcome, saying: “A beautiful ceramic wall sconce for under $10 each!”

This hack is absolutely beautiful and is extremely easy to make too! So if you ever find your hallways or bedrooms missing a few subtle lightings, you know Kmart is the place to go!

Sponsored
I have never used puck lights. Won't they heat the bubble wrap and cause trouble?

I may have been living under a rock but what the heck is a puck light?
Mr Google is a mine of information "Puck lights are small lights that are oval or round-shaped. These LED lights have a more focused beam and are usually easy to mount on a variety of surfaces, including wood, tile or Velcro" You can

I am an ex-pat: Sri Lankan have been here for 47 years we celebrate the 12 days of Christmas, tree goes up on the 24th gives the kids something to do when you are busy, and comes down on 6th January. During this period we visit relatives and friends and they do the same, traditionally we serve a very rich fruit cake, or Love Cake, and crackers and cheese.

This ‘luxury’ wall light is only $5 at Kmart!

Janika, an Aussie mum who also goes by Mood Collective on Instagram, has revealed how she created a beautiful designer-inspired wall light using a $5 buy from Kmart.

5WvdQdErOB5kEWWxrLUIG6GvLm82COvZj5XgZzTjCQ5U35K82lRXH6i8xjaPSrzholFcGd-4BNj46breSuwxAaRGMN2f0LgVG7jWkEIOI8pjh_-4zADw9QSv_aZw108gaw_ZycGj

The DIY hanging light blends perfectly well with Janika’s interior. Photos from Instagram / moodcollectiveau.

“Ok, this one's for the renters and those who have a dark area in their home but no electrical outlets!” wrote the interior stylist.

“That's right - no wiring required!”

Janika showed that she used the Speckled Hanging Wall Planter from Kmart. The slightly off-white colour and matte finish perfectly suited her wall and ceramic decor, elevating the total appeal.

Similar hanging lights from designer brands can cost up to $200, almost 40 times the price of the Kmart planter.

Before mounting the planter on the wall, Janika padded the inside with bubble wraps and placed an ‘inexpensive’ puck light.

She already had a nail in the wall to mount the planter on, so she advised that for renters who are not allowed to drill their walls, Velcro strips work perfectly fine too.

“Turned it on, and voila! Best part is you can use them outdoors too,” she said.

Hundreds of people commented on the post, praising Janika for her decor hack that's perfect for those seeking a budget-friendly alternative.

“Love this! Such a cool idea and looks amazing,” said one person.

“So clever, this is such a great hack,” another added.

Others were inspired to try this themselves, saying: “I'm seriously doing this.”

Zoe, from Perth, also decided to try the DIY hanging light herself and shared the results on her Facebook page, The DIY Decorator.

In one of her Facebook posts, she wrote that she was pleasantly surprised by the outcome, saying: “A beautiful ceramic wall sconce for under $10 each!”

This hack is absolutely beautiful and is extremely easy to make too! So if you ever find your hallways or bedrooms missing a few subtle lightings, you know Kmart is the place to go!
I love it and would love to do in my home. I may be a bit stupid, but what is a puck light please 🤔

I may have been living under a rock but what the heck is a puck light?
Think the underside of that rock may be crowded as that was my response as well as concern with the bubble wrapheating.