The unexpected $8 product from Woolworths that’s a MASSIVE hit among shoppers – any guesses?

Every major retailer is associated with a popular product that has successfully developed a cult following. For ALDI, it’s their beloved mattress-in-a-box, while Coles proudly boasts their internationally acclaimed Choc Chip Cookies!

However, Woolworths' best-selling product isn’t exactly a home staple or an iconic treat… It’s an item that you wouldn’t expect to make over 60,000 sales within the span of a month. Can you guess what it is?

Recently, Woolworths restocked an array of meerkat garden ornaments on their shelves – but don’t underestimate these cute statues as they are one of the supermarket giant’s best-selling buys.

mYYeLAyf8NqK6j4LhFrHmDA82E_mtPcElvXZosOoA-f6hwbixQTUCdf5lIHCa88hx8Rz_zoAjnQRi83YiWUHve4AF9Uf3uauyldBCDLsPRTHSL8XwVY8wHTJ_4Kr30PCmHVNfgFozNeVJFqLVWYMNsU

The adorable mini meerkat statues! Source: Catalogue Offers

They retail for $8 each with a wide range of characters to choose from, including a tiger, panda, and meerkats in adorable costumes.

A mum-of-two, Mumma Ren, announced the comeback on Facebook, sending hundreds of shoppers to flock to their local Woolworths store.

'The meerkats are back at Woolworths! I am sure there will be more designs to be released,' she revealed in her post alongside several images of the in-demand statues.

'I want them for my house!' one person declared.

Another added: 'So cute!’

In the comments section of the mum’s post, a shopper confessed to owning 157 of the meerkats so far and is thrilled to add more to their vast collection.

qMksnfQNCr1yiRsJwqKGn1xfR4bo2mcBiZm1BWfwnD5x1maCQUZ6IRzJJFMTtjwLw-u3nRjsw_QUK6XVTM-pGPshSV-h7mo37-MrRd57A2ElQoFr7jHaPCkLXSnM6r6NmfkFN_VnkxZCdyzPfabzM1Q

The garden decor has developed a cult following. Source: Daily Mail

Because of the range’s history of being sold out immediately, the products are expected to be cleared from Woolworths’ shelves again as stock numbers are limited.

Shoppers are huge fans of the garden ornaments as they find them 'adorable' and 'cute'.

'How adorable are these meerkat statues? I’m currently at Woolworths and there are lots of different ones available!' one customer shared.

'They're so cute!' another gushed, while one more commented: 'I need to go get some!'

Last year’s range included animals dressed as Olympians, fairies, brides, and grooms. The supermarket also took things up a notch by rolling out solar-powered, light-up meerkats for $20 and $5 DIY meerkat painting kits.

25Sl0LRXoGHM435z-7Txtm5mBqPKKpgWzsuQYwY-GfBpKJL6b2KVk_OfSRMXtzFNWGdYcmLaNUiAcx29kI082206OpfGjbxIOVFUcgdPIfJFz_FJsKk1hSpBTmcRXKk2-KEzxORwACFY8jiJTIbWLMA
YLy2NIGd4KchXJ6vk2UjDkQCXdlMXA4iE6h7_TVnLSq1rUr_L2bgWWGCn8pzJPBo0KrArK51UZ3XKyvNEqHWhEzCUQO06AHBPX2ZKQ2nxlC3g01nc5HTbQIrnFc4IgDf6i1pHgUDZCCJLqMAhsfaKIY

The solar-powered and DIY meerkats. Source: Woolworths

Woolworths' General Manager for Everyday Needs, James Hepworth, previously said at the time that the supermarket was 'excited' for the restock after the statues gained such ‘huge popularity’.

'Customers exceeded the demand that we expected for meerkats last year. This year they'll find a range of new and quirky designs as well as personalities in an effort to get families out of the house and in the garden,' he stated.

The demand for gardening and DIY products has escalated since COVID-19 came into the picture, as millions of Aussies spent the majority of their time at home.

Have you ever spotted Woolworths’ meerkat range in your local store? Dare we ask if you’re guilty of having one too – maybe even gingerly sitting in your garden at the moment? Let us know in the comments. We’d love to see pictures too!

Sponsored
Every major retailer is associated with a popular product that has successfully developed a cult following. For ALDI, it’s their beloved mattress-in-a-box, while Coles proudly boasts their internationally acclaimed Choc Chip Cookies!

However, Woolworths' best-selling product isn’t exactly a home staple or an iconic treat… It’s an item that you wouldn’t expect to make over 60,000 sales within the span of a month. Can you guess what it is?

Recently, Woolworths restocked an array of meerkat garden ornaments on their shelves – but don’t underestimate these cute statues as they are one of the supermarket giant’s best-selling buys.

mYYeLAyf8NqK6j4LhFrHmDA82E_mtPcElvXZosOoA-f6hwbixQTUCdf5lIHCa88hx8Rz_zoAjnQRi83YiWUHve4AF9Uf3uauyldBCDLsPRTHSL8XwVY8wHTJ_4Kr30PCmHVNfgFozNeVJFqLVWYMNsU

They retail for $8 each with a wide range of characters to choose from, including a tiger, panda, and meerkats in adorable costumes.

A mum-of-two, Mumma Ren, announced the comeback on Facebook, sending hundreds of shoppers to flock to their local Woolworths store.

'The meerkats are back at Woolworths! I am sure there will be more designs to be released,' she revealed in her post alongside several images of the in-demand statues.

In the comments section of the mum’s post, a shopper confessed to owning 157 of the meerkats so far and is thrilled to add more to their vast collection.

qMksnfQNCr1yiRsJwqKGn1xfR4bo2mcBiZm1BWfwnD5x1maCQUZ6IRzJJFMTtjwLw-u3nRjsw_QUK6XVTM-pGPshSV-h7mo37-MrRd57A2ElQoFr7jHaPCkLXSnM6r6NmfkFN_VnkxZCdyzPfabzM1Q

Because of the range’s history of being sold out immediately, the products are expected to be cleared from Woolworths’ shelves again as stock numbers are limited.

Shoppers are huge fans of the garden ornaments as they find them 'adorable' and 'cute'.

'How adorable are these meerkat statues? I’m currently at Woolworths and there are lots of different ones available!' one customer shared.

'They're so cute!' another gushed, while one more commented: 'I need to go get some!'

Last year’s range included animals dressed as Olympians, fairies, brides, and grooms. The supermarket also took things up a notch by rolling out solar-powered, light-up meerkats for $20 and $5 DIY meerkat painting kits.

25Sl0LRXoGHM435z-7Txtm5mBqPKKpgWzsuQYwY-GfBpKJL6b2KVk_OfSRMXtzFNWGdYcmLaNUiAcx29kI082206OpfGjbxIOVFUcgdPIfJFz_FJsKk1hSpBTmcRXKk2-KEzxORwACFY8jiJTIbWLMA
YLy2NIGd4KchXJ6vk2UjDkQCXdlMXA4iE6h7_TVnLSq1rUr_L2bgWWGCn8pzJPBo0KrArK51UZ3XKyvNEqHWhEzCUQO06AHBPX2ZKQ2nxlC3g01nc5HTbQIrnFc4IgDf6i1pHgUDZCCJLqMAhsfaKIY

Woolworths' General Manager for Everyday Needs, James Hepworth, previously said at the time that the supermarket was 'excited' for the restock after the statues gained such ‘huge popularity’.

'Customers exceeded the demand that we expected for meerkats last year. This year they'll find a range of new and quirky designs as well as personalities in an effort to get families out of the house and in the garden,' he stated.

The demand for gardening and DIY products has escalated since COVID-19 came into the picture, as millions of Aussies spent the majority of their time at home.

Have you ever spotted Woolworths’ meerkat range in your local store? Dare we ask if you’re guilty of having one too – maybe even gingerly sitting in your garden at the moment? Let us know in the comments. We’d love to see pictures too!
I think they are cute and my grandchildren would love them.

Reactions: Ezzy and Ricci

Certainly cute looking. Love to have some too.
I wouldn't feel safe exhibiting these in my front garden due to the possibility of theft. Perhaps there is a way to fix a computer chip to these so if any are stolen they could be found via a computer just as a car can be tracked?

Reactions: Ricci
Whatever happened to Garden Gnomes... I have them in my garden and have been there for 25 years... every now and then they get a bath and still look almost new. . I don't see these lasting that long or being as popular after the first couple of nonths ... Next year I would hazard a guess that they are dumped in the bin or the dog or crows have annihilated them. Ten Meerkats down the drain in the next Brisbane flood. $80 that could have been spent on wholesome meals for the kids... or a nice Birthday Present for a 4 - 6 yr old
And that is just one household. grrr wasted opportunity.

Reactions: Ricci