Coles also have Portuguese Tarts. They come in packs of 2. They are beautifully light and crispy with that sweet custard centre we know and love. Be early as they sell out quickly.

Attachments

• PortTarts2.jpeg
    PortTarts2.jpeg
    170.9 KB · Views: 0
  • PortTarts1.jpeg
    PortTarts1.jpeg
    172.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Love
Reactions: Maddison Dwyer
The SDC Product Review Competition

Well hello there members!

You know here at the SDC we love a good competition, and we know you lot do too, because you get the chance to win a $100 voucher and who doesn’t love that?!

This month’s competition is quite unique (you know we like things a little different around here). We want you to submit a 100-word review of your absolute favourite product from either Coles, Woolworths, Aldi or IGA.

Yep, you read that correctly. Tell us in 100 words or less why this specific product from Coles, Woolworths, Aldi or IGA is your favourite. You need to include the name of the product, which store you bought it from, it’s price and its weight. If you want, you can even upload a photo of it so we know what to look out for, or a photo of you enjoying it!

The best review will receive a $100 voucher to either Coles, Woolworths, Aldi or IGA so they can buy even more of their favourite product. So get typing members, for your chance to win! We will be announcing the winner on March 18th!

PS. We aren’t going to be super strict with the 100-word count, but try to keep it short and sweet!

Good luck! And Happy Reviewing!

I don't need a 100 words my favourite product when shopping at Woolies is vegemite Glenn Mulcahy

My favourite products are Aldi instant ‘Alcafe’ coffee. I buy both caffeinated and decaf and they taste so good. Apart from normal use the caffeinated is great for a boost strong and iced on a hot day. For a restless night the decaf made with hot milk helps a lot. The difference is what makes it great, I make sure I never run out!

The best item from either Coles or woolies is the Tamar blueberry yoghurt. It is smooth, creamy and oh so yummy. Made here in Tasmania with milk from the Tamar Valley it is truly wholesome and moreish.
Have it with your cereal or fruit and you will be wanting more!

Coles have made an exotic range of Hot Cross Buns for Easter! Yes a tad too early but they are incredible! Of course the Vegemite variety must be a favourite. Moist , luxuriant and that subtle taste of V mite! Of course the only extra thing to add would be a spread of thick butter and the new cream cheese Vegemite to boot! That’s Livin!View attachment 1981
sacrilidge....couldn't think anything worse than a vegemite hot cross bun....yuk!

Reactions: Kgee
I like woollies too they are good for many things not just food .but woollies deli section has good chicken roasted or sliced they are both delicious to eat when u are in a hurry or just want to chill and do no cooking

I absolutely love Aldi’s four pack chicken kievs. They are delicious and at only $7.99 for four, they are a real bargain. I just cook up some potato wedges or mashed potato and some steamed vegies with them and there is a delicious, easy and nutritional dinner for around $4 per serve

The best item I brought was for my fur baby, Natures gift dog food 700g can, it is the best, my dog is so fussy when it comes to eating I brought this all the time and for over a year it's been excellent value for money priced a $2 a can.
What I don't get is why all of a sudden its price has been hiked up to $3.30 over night.
Come on Coles, what are you doing?
There's no justification for such a price increase.
$100 would certainly help with price rise

We love the frozen Spanakopita from Aldi. It’s a quick easy meal to share, great to take to a social gathering when asked to bring a plate. It tastes so great there are never any leftovers. A great item to have as a standby in your freezer for unexpected guests.

The new flavours of hotcross buns at Woolworths, fantastic , I tried the Rum and raisin flavour it was the best, beats the old traditional one's hands down, more for next year please.

Hi everyone!

I hope you are all well :) Jon, the team and I have absolutely loved reading everyone's reviews. We have tried so many of the products recommended on this thread, and we were all so impressed! We wish we could crown each and every one of you a winner, but unfortunately, there can be only one winner! So after much deliberation, we have decided that our winner is member @Bentley!

Member Bentley recommended Vaalia French Vanilla Yoghurt in her product review, and we went out and tried it and absolutely loved it! We also loved the picture she included of herself enjoying her favourite product :) We highly recommend you to go and try this yoghurt too!

@Bentley has won herself a $100 voucher to either Coles, Woolies, Aldi or IGA! Congratulations Bentley! And a big thank you to everyone who entered!

Stir Fry Shots: Weighing in at 4X45gms, from the track at Woolworths & priced at $4.00, this little beauty will leave your tastebuds racing for more! Trotting in fashionably as 'Five Tastes', they line up on the shelf as; Chinese Hoisin Garlic, Thai Basil & Chilli, Vietnamese Lemongrass & Kaffir Lime & Thai Coriander & kaffir Lime. Leave your blinkers on when cooking with these as you whip up a storm with winners such as: Sweet Thai Basil & Chilli or an equal 1st Place, Hoisin & Garlic Chicken Stir Fry. Place a bet on your favourite 'shot' for your next meeting & you will be taking 1st prize for taste, time, tenderness. A Trifecta!​

Attachments

• Stir Fry Shots.jpg
    Stir Fry Shots.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 1
I have a beautiful rescue cat named McKayne. Former street cat - deformed ears, has no teeth and is blind, but such a gorgeous friendly boy - food is his great passion. He absolutely loves these Creamy Treats. I used to buy the Dine variety but have just found these at Aldi, $4.99 for a pack of 12, 15gm each. Not a necessity but for the daily joy it brings McKayne, I’ll continue purchasing. Before and after photos also attached. The power of love and good food.

Attachments

• 8DD53CE3-2AEE-4384-80B2-B305E2E5C0CF.jpeg
    8DD53CE3-2AEE-4384-80B2-B305E2E5C0CF.jpeg
    87.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 86F3329A-BEC2-4760-9BF2-A066655AD2FE.jpeg
    86F3329A-BEC2-4760-9BF2-A066655AD2FE.jpeg
    160.6 KB · Views: 0
Read this morning’s email saying this competition was closing today so just spent considerable time perfecting my entry to then find it’s already been decided 🤬

I have a beautiful rescue cat named McKayne. Former street cat - deformed ears, has no teeth and is blind, but such a gorgeous friendly boy - food is his great passion. He absolutely loves these Creamy Treats. I used to buy the Dine variety but have just found these at Aldi, $4.99 for a pack of 12, 15gm each. Not a necessity but for the daily joy it brings McKayne, I’ll continue purchasing. Before and after photos also attached. The power of love and good food.
Good on you, Calannie! Lovely pics.

I love Vaalia French vanilla yoghurt that I get from my local Coles store
it can last me nearly a week before I need to go back for some more
a 900g tub suits me the best as I just eat it straight from the tub
i don’t have to share it with anyone so there’s no dirty dishes to scrub
it may not be the cheapest but once you’ve tried it you will see
that $5.50 is very well spent and I think you will then agree
if you have not already tried it then I recommend that you do
you won’t be disappointed and I’m sure you’ll be a fan too
Congratulations @Bentley on your winning review!! I love the accompanying photo that proved exactly how much you enjoyed the yoghurt! 🥂🍾

The SDC Product Review Competition

Well hello there members!

You know here at the SDC we love a good competition, and we know you lot do too, because you get the chance to win a $100 voucher and who doesn’t love that?!

This month’s competition is quite unique (you know we like things a little different around here). We want you to submit a 100-word review of your absolute favourite product from either Coles, Woolworths, Aldi or IGA.

Yep, you read that correctly. Tell us in 100 words or less why this specific product from Coles, Woolworths, Aldi or IGA is your favourite. You need to include the name of the product, which store you bought it from, it’s price and its weight. If you want, you can even upload a photo of it so we know what to look out for, or a photo of you enjoying it!

The best review will receive a $100 voucher to either Coles, Woolworths, Aldi or IGA so they can buy even more of their favourite product. So get typing members, for your chance to win! We will be announcing the winner on March 18th!

PS. We aren’t going to be super strict with the 100-word count, but try to keep it short and sweet!

Good luck! And Happy Reviewing!

My favourite product is Masterfoods Moroccan seasoning. I use it as a coating on any sort of meat or fish, a spice In dips,seasoning or a flavouring in curried eggs, soups Stews and just about everything I cook. It’s a yummy flavour when added to olive oil for shallow frying and very tasty when added to a potato salad. The best all round seasoning I have ever come across.