The Queen is ‘desperate’ to see great-granddaughter Lilibet

Prince Harry and Meghan’s second child and first daughter, Lilibet, was born on June 4, 2021, at a Santa Barbara hospital in California. She is the eleventh great-grandchild of and was named after, Queen Elizabeth II, who was called “Lilibet” by her family.

And ever since the Sussexes decided to step back as senior members of the British royal family on January 8, 2020, the Queen has never had the chance to meet her great-granddaughter, with the exception of a few video calls.

Now, according to a royal expert, the 95-year-old monarch is “desperate” to meet the 9-month-old princess in person.

E150EHoE9O5b3dh-zxBLUOTCc6bfjKnUxh70_YGMeS9qcAm-zsmTDn7OylVX_yxi-Stu00yZt6soUEVQ3u4orzRIA2VFFpHEk-oiMieTw9735Q_AwaP8mzPGzVY4h6zkTYSfrtGf

The Queen, 95, is yet to meet her great-granddaughter, Lilibet, in the flesh. Credit: Max Mumby/Indigo/Getty Images (left), Alexi Lubomirski/Handout/The Duke and Duchess of Sussex (right).
Royal author Brian Hoey shared that the Queen “would love” to spend time with the little ones, particularly little Lili and two-year-old Archie.

According to Mr Hoey, the people within the Royal Household believe that the Queen would not just like, but would actually love to see her great-grandchildren in the near future.

He also added that a meeting between the baby and the Queen could have a powerful impact on the general public.

And when he was asked if the news of a reunion between the Sussexes and the Queen could signal that the royal rift is slowly being mended, Mr Hoey said: “Yes, it would.”

“It would be a very easy thing for the rift to be healed between them.”

“It may not be as bad as we on the outside think it is anyway,” he followed, while on the topic of the reported tension between the royals.

“I am absolutely sure the Queen holds no feelings of disapproval towards Harry and Meghan, none whatsoever, she would certainly welcome them back if they came,” claimed the royal expert.

O-PBZE3CItdIdqO1FCSdS8zgvQ0mNDsJZvp4FSs769zATvdMzRFcagfoNN_UcERG46qD5vn_Qq8fREMMEtB_JlzSHWgTUA3ZxnIxQ28Odj7usuSQnAGZdyE5QElh4eWmzeIOF9Ci

Prince Harry feels ‘unsafe’ bringing his family back to the UK. Credit: SplashNews.com.

However, this meeting still seems unlikely, given that Prince Harry feels ‘unsafe’ after being told he’d no longer get the “same degree” of security when visiting from the US.

The prince claims that he doesn’t feel safe bringing his family back to the UK from Montecito without additional police protection on his side, which the royal family is not currently allowing.

It is not yet known if the Sussexes plan to return to the UK for the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee celebrations, which will begin on Thursday, June 2, 2022, and will continue over the weekend until June 5.

Ever since the Sussexes moved to America, they have not flown back to the UK as a family. Although Prince Harry has returned twice but only on solo trips – once for Prince Philip’s funeral, and the other on the unveiling of his mother, Princess Diana’s statue.

Aside from Lilibet, the Queen also hasn’t been able to see Harry and Meghan’s two-year-old son, Archie, in-person in a couple of years.

According to royal expert Phil Damper, there is a “very real danger” that the Queen may never actually see Archie and Lilibet ever again, which is quite tragic.

“I can’t see how when they [Meghan and Harry] go on about compassion and family problems but don’t let their grandfather or great-grandmother see Archie,” he said.

It’s sad to think that the Queen may never meet the Great Granddaughter named after her, but we can’t help but understand Prince Harry and Meghan’s fear of going to the UK with minimal Police protection. What do you think?

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: Nardia and Ricci
Sponsored
No one believes that title.... the Queen is more desperate to have her country stable, the monarchy stable, the family settled and no more scandals, etc than to see another g/gchild.. she has plenty of them and there's many grandkids actually in England who are working for the crown.... but if Meg's and Harry want to continue being nasty and not taking her to England (as they shouldn't expect the Queen who has been sick and is elderly) to run across the other side of the world to see her... well, maybe it won't happen....she's not getting any younger, we've certainly seen her age rapidly since her husband died. I hope old Charles trims the royal family like he says he will... just Royal Working Members...

I feel for her not seeing her G/grandkids. Just like her, I haven't seen my grandkids in over four years due to a family rift that I had no part of. It's sad, hurtful and such a shame for the little ones as they are missing out on so much. You don't get these times or milestones back.:(
:cry:

I feel for her not seeing her G/grandkids. Just like her, I haven't seen my grandkids in over four years due to a family rift that I had no part of. It's sad, hurtful and such a shame for the little ones as they are missing out on so much. You don't get these times or milestones back.:(
:cry:
Make your peace with them... even if your partner won't...noone can stop you from at least trying to reconnect ❤❤ good luck. Xx

It's my daughter that has the problem, not me. I'd fix things up in a heartbeat but she won't budge an inch.
Unfortunately my daughter and granddaughter are the same. I haven't seen my granddaughter in three years or my grandson in fifteen months. It breaks my heart and I have tried over and over to reconcile but to no avail😢

• Sad
Reactions: Ricci
I haven't touched my daughter since 1994, I last saw her in the distance in 2005.
I believe she is married, and may have 2 children, but I don't know for certain.
I don't even know where she lives.....I keep hoping, but not losing energy over the situation anymore. Otherwise, it would eat me away.
Worrying achieves nothing.

• Sad
I have never met my D-in-law or my three G/children, the youngest is now 8 I so long for the opportunity.

• Sad
Reactions: Ricci