The Morning Show hosts mock Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's upcoming Netflix docuseries with a parody poster

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle shocked the world when they first announced that they were stepping away from their senior royal duties back in January 2020.

Now, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are set to lift the lid even further on their life as royals in a soon-to-be released docu-series titled 'Harry & Meghan'.

The show, which was produced and distributed by Netflix, will explore the span of Harry and Meghan's relationship 'from the early days of the couple's courtship to the challenges and controversies that prompted them to step back from the royal family'.

The docu-series has also drawn criticisms after it included an image of Kate Middleton in its trailer, prompting the royal family to see the show as a 'declaration of war'.

And while we're sure it will be interesting (if not slightly awkward) to watch, The Morning Show hosts Larry Emdur and Sally Bowrey appear less than impressed...

On Thursday's broadcast, the duo released a parody poster for the series titled Larry & Sally, copying the exact pose seen in the official poster of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex's show.

The cover photo also features Sally Bowrey and Larry Emdur dressed in clothing similar to the royal couple, with Larry wearing a dark suit with a white button-down shirt and Sally sporting a trench coat.

8a657830-75cb-11ed-bbef-8ca765277be8

Side-by-side comparison of the original poster (right) and its parody version (left). Credit: Netflix/Seven.

And the spoof didn't stop there, the TV personalities also added a very sarcastic and tongue-in-cheek caption on their Instagram post.

The caption read: 'Netflix has another controversial docuseries ready to drop, and our own Larry Emdur is set to reveal what *really* happens behind the scenes at The Morning Show.'

Larry also posted the same photo on his Instagram account, joking: 'Immediately after Harry & Meghan watch our controversial new documentary Larry & Sally.'

'I blow the lid on all the horrible things The Firm has forced me to do like Celebrity Splash and Dancing with the Stars.'

The TV hosts received a barrage of comments from users who praised the exquisite parody and admitted they'd rather watch Larry's series than the real one.

One person wrote: 'Much more compelling viewing.'

'Would definitely be more entertaining,' another added.

A third chimed in: 'You are sure to get nominated for an Emmy Award!'

The post has captured the attention of other media personalities, including Sunrise's Edwina Bartholomew who wrote: 'Not long before you and Haz have the same haircut @larryemdur.'

Key Takeaways

• The Morning Show hosts Larry Emdur and Sally Bowrey have taken a swipe at Prince Harry and Meghan Markle by recreating the poster for their upcoming Netflix docuseries.
  • The Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s six-part series is titled Harry & Meghan, but the TV presenters have named their parody Larry & Sally.
  • The Morning Show posted a side-by-side of the posters on social media on Wednesday morning alongside a very tongue-in-cheek caption.
  • Larry also shared the photo with his followers, joking that Larry & Sally is a ‘must-see’ series.
  • Larry’s post was flooded with comments from people applauding the ‘hilarious’ recreation and admitting they’d rather watch his series than Harry and Meghan’s.

The premiere for Harry & Meghan's first volume will be on December 8, while the second volume will be released the following week on December 15.

What are your thoughts on Larry, Sally, and their ‘must-see’ series? Dare we ask which one is better than the other? Share them with us in the comments below!

Sponsored
Why does the whole world keep pandering to this couple? They stepped away from Royal life as they wanted more privacy, why aren't we giving it to them? We all already know what these programs are going to contain, whinging about lack of privacy, lack of protection, the need to conform etc. etc. Let's all give them the privacy they say they crave and not watch this stuff. ;)
my thoughts exactly: they claim they want privacy? let s give it to them!!! (Let s see how long it will take them to complain!)

Well not on all those media lines but the little I have seen I prefer Larry and Sallay's version to you know who's. Just totally peeved of with the two of them wanting privacy and then putting themselves out into the public eye and more so in this doco which they are receiving millions of dollars for and also their other claims for the planet and then they take private jets so where do they really stand for but overall, at the end of the just it really matters what the heck they think

Last edited:
I think Larry and Sally need to tone it down. Especially Larry he is always slagging off at anybody, especially Megan & Harry. He is very condensing of people out there, and they are mainly women if you ever watch the Morning Show. Leave H & M alone. How would you like it if someone unfairly said things about you or mock you, as L & S and even Kylie too have done in the past, and they personally don’t know H & M.

Reactions: MarieL
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle shocked the world when they first announced that they were stepping away from their senior royal duties back in January 2020.

Now, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are set to lift the lid even further on their life as royals in a soon-to-be released docu-series titled 'Harry & Meghan'.

The show, which was produced and distributed by Netflix, will explore the span of Harry and Meghan's relationship 'from the early days of the couple's courtship to the challenges and controversies that prompted them to step back from the royal family'.

The docu-series has also drawn criticisms after it included an image of Kate Middleton in its trailer, prompting the royal family to see the show as a 'declaration of war'.

And while we're sure it will be interesting (if not slightly awkward) to watch, The Morning Show hosts Larry Emdur and Sally Bowrey appear less than impressed...

On Thursday's broadcast, the duo released a parody poster for the series titled Larry & Sally, copying the exact pose seen in the official poster of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex's show.

The cover photo also features Sally Bowrey and Larry Emdur dressed in clothing similar to the royal couple, with Larry wearing a dark suit with a white button-down shirt and Sally sporting a trench coat.

8a657830-75cb-11ed-bbef-8ca765277be8

Side-by-side comparison of the original poster (right) and its parody version (left). Credit: Netflix/Seven.

And the spoof didn't stop there, the TV personalities also added a very sarcastic and tongue-in-cheek caption on their Instagram post.

The caption read: 'Netflix has another controversial docuseries ready to drop, and our own Larry Emdur is set to reveal what *really* happens behind the scenes at The Morning Show.'

Larry also posted the same photo on his Instagram account, joking: 'Immediately after Harry & Meghan watch our controversial new documentary Larry & Sally.'

'I blow the lid on all the horrible things The Firm has forced me to do like Celebrity Splash and Dancing with the Stars.'

The TV hosts received a barrage of comments from users who praised the exquisite parody and admitted they'd rather watch Larry's series than the real one.

One person wrote: 'Much more compelling viewing.'

'Would definitely be more entertaining,' another added.

A third chimed in: 'You are sure to get nominated for an Emmy Award!'

The post has captured the attention of other media personalities, including Sunrise's Edwina Bartholomew who wrote: 'Not long before you and Haz have the same haircut @larryemdur.'

Key Takeaways

• The Morning Show hosts Larry Emdur and Sally Bowrey have taken a swipe at Prince Harry and Meghan Markle by recreating the poster for their upcoming Netflix docuseries.
  • The Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s six-part series is titled Harry & Meghan, but the TV presenters have named their parody Larry & Sally.
  • The Morning Show posted a side-by-side of the posters on social media on Wednesday morning alongside a very tongue-in-cheek caption.
  • Larry also shared the photo with his followers, joking that Larry & Sally is a ‘must-see’ series.
  • Larry’s post was flooded with comments from people applauding the ‘hilarious’ recreation and admitting they’d rather watch his series than Harry and Meghan’s.

The premiere for Harry & Meghan's first volume will be on December 8, while the second volume will be released the following week on December 15.

What are your thoughts on Larry, Sally, and their ‘must-see’ series? Dare we ask which one is better than the other? Share them with us in the comments below!
Despicable nasty Murdoch trash these gutter presenters are . You do realise the ATTACKS are absolutely on Harry and Meghan? The hategasms from the RWNJ trolls the Manic pathalogical Murdoch gutter stalking media apply the pent up hate mongering bile on this couple.
It's hypocritical, creepy, and more than a little weird that the Murdoch trash media + British gutter tabloids continue this pathalogical HARRASSMENT on Harry and Meghan
They have more Class and a better moral compass than any of the trash from the Murdoch kennels.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221214-150952_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20221214-150952_Facebook.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: Helenmac
Well said 👏
I think Larry and Sally need to tone it down. Especially Larry he is always slagging off at anybody, especially Megan & Harry. He is very condensing of people out there, and they are mainly women if you ever watch the Morning Show. Leave H & M alone. How would you like it if someone unfairly said things about you or mock you, as L & S and even Kylie too have done in the past, and they personally don’t know H & M.
Ll

Despicable nasty Murdoch trash these gutter presenters are . You do realise the ATTACKS are absolutely on Harry and Meghan? The hategasms from the RWNJ trolls the Manic pathalogical Murdoch gutter stalking media apply the pent up hate mongering bile on this couple.
It's hypocritical, creepy, and more than a little weird that the Murdoch trash media + British gutter tabloids continue this pathalogical HARRASSMENT on Harry and Meghan
They have more Class and a better moral compass than any of the trash from the Murdoch kennels.
As someone with English as their second language I didnt even understand half of what you are saying. I probably dont read the right papers... But I know that I dont like being YELLED AT!!! (In case you dont know: writing in capitals only means you re screaming/yelling at people... )

As someone with English as their second language I didnt even understand half of what you are saying. I probably dont read the right papers... But I know that I dont like being YELLED AT!!! (In case you dont know: writing in capitals only means you re screaming/yelling at people... )
Why are you taking it personally -strange?- I wasn't even responding to you Noraya???.my comment was to those despicable TV presenters. My English in my post is actually in simple terms.!, ( yes I intended to use cap letters to direct at those nasty childish petty tv presenters ) I could post more longer words (in lower case )- as your ears or eyes are so sensitive!!- if you want? As you say- you cannot understand my post? . Strange that? - I'm sure it's written in Queen's English!!??- So - to better describe the toxic British gutter Murdoch tabloids- I'd call them - mendacious, nefarious, obnoxious- reinterpretating , twisting everything Harry and Meghan do or say. - is that clear enough English for you ? I apologise if my caps disturbed you- ( that were not actually directed at you at all !)