The little-known feature in your car can help with transporting hot chooks from the store to your home

There's no doubt about it, hot chooks are almost synonymous with Woolworths for their massive popularity! And it's not hard to see why. They're affordable, convenient and most importantly, delicious!

In fact, this juicy, succulent, and flavourful product is so popular that the chooks often sell out within hours of being put on the shelves. Talk about a hot buy!

For any members who don't know, hot chooks are the second most sought-after food item from the supermarket giant just right behind fresh produce, with Woolworths selling 4,500 tonnes of hot chooks each year.

Keeping this in mind, it is not surprising that several customers are struggling with transporting their hot chook as they try to keep it separate from their cold goods.

So, how can we go about solving this problem?

A former Woolworths employee has taken to social media to share how she discovered a little-known car feature that she claimed was perfect for hanging bags of hot chooks while driving home from the store.

Credit: TikTok/@SusanWilson63

Sharing a video of the hook, which was found on the left side of the rear boot of the former employee's car, user @SusanWilson63 called the miscellaneous hook a 'hot chook hook' as it can prevent your meals from moving around the back of your car.

'Only took me about eight years to realise some cars come with a special hook for your Woolies hot chook,' she says in the video.

'Oh my God, my car has a hot chook holder! What the f***?'

If you love a hot chook, you know it can be a bit of a pain to transport. Do you live far away from your nearest store? If you're left with the task of getting it home without it cooling down too much, here are a few tips to help you out:

• Wrap the chicken in foil or a similar material. This will help to keep the heat in.
  • Put the chicken in an insulated bag. This will also help to keep the heat in and will make sure that the chicken doesn't leak all over your car.
  • If you can, transport the chicken in a cooler. This is the best way to keep the chicken hot and will make sure that it stays fresh.

gCL4sbcMwjFfraEZ0i41xfG-RjO3l6_Zk8rA0HUmsO6OonsChWPZli2rzo6D8CTQRZxPg-N92B-dql4HwDNiS6EsYiXS7xOFWVpjmkVsJHj8upnEGU-6CaFJ8keRtYmJYqVhw6ppfeF7L-g8EGikkQ

Hot chooks are second only to fresh produce when it comes to food item sales. Credit: Woolworths.

With these tips, you should be able to transport your hot chicken without too much of a hassle. Just be sure to eat it within a few hours of cooking to ensure that it's at its best (or debone the chook and store the chicken pieces in the fridge).

So, there you have it, folks! Does your car have a similar feature? If it does, have you ever used it to hang your purchases while driving? Perhaps it could also help prevent eggs from being crushed? Share your experiences with us!

Sponsored
There's no doubt about it, hot chooks are almost synonymous with Woolworths for their massive popularity! And it's not hard to see why. They're affordable, convenient and most importantly, delicious!

In fact, this juicy, succulent, and flavourful product is so popular that the chooks often sell out within hours of being put on the shelves. Talk about a hot buy!

For any members who don't know, hot chooks are the second most sought-after food item from the supermarket giant just right behind fresh produce, with Woolworths selling 4,500 tonnes of hot chooks each year.

Keeping this in mind, it is not surprising that several customers are struggling with transporting their hot chook as they try to keep it separate from their cold goods.

A former Woolworths employee has taken to social media to share how she discovered a little-known car feature that she claimed was perfect for hanging bags of hot chooks while driving home from the store.

Sharing a video of the hook, which was found on the left side of the rear boot of the former employee's car, user @SusanWilson63 called the miscellaneous hook a 'hot chook hook' as it can prevent your meals from moving around the back of your car.

'Only took me about eight years to realise some cars come with a special hook for your Woolies hot chook,' she says in the video.

If you love a hot chook, you know it can be a bit of a pain to transport. Do you live far away from your nearest store? If you're left with the task of getting it home without it cooling down too much, here are a few tips to help you out:

• Wrap the chicken in foil or a similar material. This will help to keep the heat in.
  • Put the chicken in an insulated bag. This will also help to keep the heat in and will make sure that the chicken doesn't leak all over your car.
  • If you can, transport the chicken in a cooler. This is the best way to keep the chicken hot and will make sure that it stays fresh.

gCL4sbcMwjFfraEZ0i41xfG-RjO3l6_Zk8rA0HUmsO6OonsChWPZli2rzo6D8CTQRZxPg-N92B-dql4HwDNiS6EsYiXS7xOFWVpjmkVsJHj8upnEGU-6CaFJ8keRtYmJYqVhw6ppfeF7L-g8EGikkQ

Hot chooks are second only to fresh produce when it comes to food item sales. Credit: Woolworths.

With these tips, you should be able to transport your hot chicken without too much of a hassle. Just be sure to eat it within a few hours of cooking to ensure that it's at its best (or debone the chook and store the chicken pieces in the fridge).

So, there you have it, folks! Does your car have a similar feature? If it does, have you ever used it to hang your purchases while driving? Perhaps it could also help prevent eggs from being crushed? Share your experiences with us!

I have a hook in the boot in my car but the owners manual says its a convenient place to hang your bag not chooks but if it works for you fine

I got my car 18 years ago and found that hook sraight away. never thought of hanging hot chook of it, but usually bags with breakables like glass, eggs, etc I rather put the chicken in a closed container as I HATE it when the whole car smells of food!

If you want to keep it hot, Put your seat heater on high..!!!!

My car is 15 years old and when I bought it I asked about the hook and was told to was for women's handbags so they weren't loose in the car as a flying missile if one had to stop quickly.

Reactions: Ezzy and Ricci
There's no chook hook in my car - but there is a decent size fridge in the back which can be run as either fridge or freezer. In hot weather, we regularly use this on shopping trips.

Reactions: Ezzy and Ricci