The Internet is torn over this mum’s UNUSUAL lunchbox idea for her kid – ‘Poor kid!’

Being a full-time parent (or grandparent) is no joke. You’re basically a doctor, cook, cleaner, teacher, and nutritionist daily… So when hard-working parents and grandparents can get extra advice, they’ll certainly lend an ear to listen!

However, what was supposedly a nifty lunchbox idea shared by a mum, went viral for all the wrong reasons… And it all boils down to the ‘unusual’ treat she packed for her three-year-old son.

The mum-of-two, who is known as @muddlethroughmummy on TikTok, shared a video to show what she was packing for her toddler’s lunchbox.

In the now-viral clip, she can be heard saying: ‘He’s getting a cheese stick and then in the protein section, he’s getting two of these homemade protein balls.’

‘Now, I am no Pinterest mum… But I can just about stretch to heart-shaped strawberries along with blueberries for a bit of variety. Then, raisins in the treat section.’

The savvy mum then cuts the cucumber slices with a star-shaped cookie cutter to remove the middle, before inserting a star-shaped carrot in the centre.

JLf35X8ykK8UAJ6-YP0-qc6Tq4fRhEs5fCx1eyMLlOyBTJrLLn26zbLW_mQ-WJtDegJsOnsVsgG3yUBmfwIhK-Fqz230UPybqRA38IIfyJ1fAhNkU8lwKuJ7RatFtWLiG4xVvbTHas5ZF0p4JJKGW8S3LBJnwt_xCju-V-t6HYic7Dx-eJcWHQIzBw
F4ylHGsO6q8Jwq63kp69lXy6tsLZyrVdHuFDfOuLQHfVfZWh9g2XeApu9EWsoP1vvPrWVy4IKVZmrk892ykH1jI0j2X1IfAyUzHcdPaUPazAO5-u5BRv7XAXfh-fYLRaRptII-NKFuCfQNynBcZsOP9GBPjoNI2NTg_sCKa_PfJsErf5oqwM9LD7rg

The mum was slammed for her treat choice. Source: @muddlethroughmummy

‘Yes, this is a little bit extra, but I’m going to be using these cookie cutters that I bought from Amazon. I don’t know what you call them but they look cool!’

‘Cookie cutters are such a simple way to make lunch boxes more interesting and this heart shape is the perfect size for his strawberry jam sandwich.’

The post has received over 725,000 views and 200 comments. However, one snack caused a stir among TikTok users, with the majority of them asking how raisins are considered a ‘treat’.

‘Raisins as a treat? That poor kid,’ one wrote.

D8sydT9J3qtoUDJymemCd8QQkJZXEKKRMkTqwGslwBh6C8BkziuLYMjnJuYcAnbUM_gacMlDTSSOPQFsabIz8i9vXTsBOX_seC3qvMZH0dIvldCIsBKi6DfV82YY5IneQn8LJoMdhs35uTSjEHRAtPTpktd1PiyP1Ub8QuaUNzxYN5FlnbKyVBLGow

What do you think of raisins as a snack? Source: World Atlas

‘You are feeding your child rabbit food.’ another criticised.

‘Strawberries are a better treat than raisins!’ a third recommended, while a fourth chimed: ‘I would be so sad if my mum gave me raisins as a treat.’

‘Maybe you can dip the raisins in chocolate to make them taste better. That would be perfect!’ one more suggested.

In response, the thrifty mum defended herself, explaining: ‘Just to clarify, I said “raisins in the treat section”.’ This implies that she doesn’t consider it as a treat, but only placed the snacks in the treat section of the lunch box.

Are you a fan of raisins? Would you consider them a treat? Share your thoughts with us in the comments!

Watch the mum’s full TikTok video below:

Source: @muddlethroughmummy

Sponsored
What a super lunchbox! So much care and attention was given to this lunchbox. I really wonder why anyone has to complain about the contents. Rabbit food? How ridiculous! This lunch box looks like a lovely collection of various delicious and healthy foods; assembled in a caring and loving way. I don't understand why people complain about this yet, neither do I understand why the mother "advertises" the lunch box. Keep it private and stay away from hurtful/unreasonable critism. Warm Regards. L
PS: I love those cucumber pieces with little starts in it.

Being a full-time parent (or grandparent) is no joke. You’re basically a doctor, cook, cleaner, teacher, and nutritionist daily… So when hard-working parents and grandparents can get extra advice, they’ll certainly lend an ear to listen!

However, what was supposedly a nifty lunchbox idea shared by a mum, went viral for all the wrong reasons… And it all boils down to the ‘unusual’ treat she packed for her three-year-old son.

The mum-of-two, who is known as @muddlethroughmummy on TikTok, shared a video to show what she was packing for her toddler’s lunchbox.

In the now-viral clip, she can be heard saying: ‘He’s getting a cheese stick and then in the protein section, he’s getting two of these homemade protein balls.’

‘Now, I am no Pinterest mum… But I can just about stretch to heart-shaped strawberries along with blueberries for a bit of variety. Then, raisins in the treat section.’

The savvy mum then cuts the cucumber slices with a star-shaped cookie cutter to remove the middle, before inserting a star-shaped carrot in the centre.

JLf35X8ykK8UAJ6-YP0-qc6Tq4fRhEs5fCx1eyMLlOyBTJrLLn26zbLW_mQ-WJtDegJsOnsVsgG3yUBmfwIhK-Fqz230UPybqRA38IIfyJ1fAhNkU8lwKuJ7RatFtWLiG4xVvbTHas5ZF0p4JJKGW8S3LBJnwt_xCju-V-t6HYic7Dx-eJcWHQIzBw
F4ylHGsO6q8Jwq63kp69lXy6tsLZyrVdHuFDfOuLQHfVfZWh9g2XeApu9EWsoP1vvPrWVy4IKVZmrk892ykH1jI0j2X1IfAyUzHcdPaUPazAO5-u5BRv7XAXfh-fYLRaRptII-NKFuCfQNynBcZsOP9GBPjoNI2NTg_sCKa_PfJsErf5oqwM9LD7rg

‘Yes, this is a little bit extra, but I’m going to be using these cookie cutters that I bought from Amazon. I don’t know what you call them but they look cool!’

‘Cookie cutters are such a simple way to make lunch boxes more interesting and this heart shape is the perfect size for his strawberry jam sandwich.’

The post has received over 725,000 views and 200 comments. However, one snack caused a stir among TikTok users, with the majority of them asking how raisins are considered a ‘treat’.

D8sydT9J3qtoUDJymemCd8QQkJZXEKKRMkTqwGslwBh6C8BkziuLYMjnJuYcAnbUM_gacMlDTSSOPQFsabIz8i9vXTsBOX_seC3qvMZH0dIvldCIsBKi6DfV82YY5IneQn8LJoMdhs35uTSjEHRAtPTpktd1PiyP1Ub8QuaUNzxYN5FlnbKyVBLGow

‘Strawberries are a better treat than raisins!’ a third recommended, while a fourth chimed: ‘I would be so sad if my mum gave me raisins as a treat.’

‘Maybe you can dip the raisins in chocolate to make them taste better. That would be perfect!’ one more suggested.

In response, the thrifty mum defended herself, explaining: ‘Just to clarify, I said “raisins in the treat section”.’ This implies that she doesn’t consider it as a treat, but only placed the snacks in the treat section of the lunch box.

Are you a fan of raisins? Would you consider them a treat? Share your thoughts with us in the comments!

It would depend on how often the child had raisins. If infrequent then it's a treat. U prefer sultanas but both are fruit so why not?

I love raisins & would certainly have considered them as a treat when I was a kid. I still (as a senior in my 80s) enjoy snacking on them at night sometimes. I also enjoy snacking on sultanas & dried apricots. I prefer these to snacking on chips, peanuts or lollies.

Ok I was always told lettuce was rabbit food.

I always had little Tupperware containers that I would put sultanas in and another with cut up fruit with a squeeze of lemon juice which stopped the fruit from going brown.

Wished I was that inventive. Good on the mum.

My daughters packed the kids cucumber sticks carrots and strawberries.

One of my girls that that worked at McDonald's made a comment recently of how many mums go to McDonald's after school and there are parents which it is a daily thing.
I think this mum maybe needs to educate those mums

Huge variety for a 3-year old! This mother excels.
Savoury and sweet, different textures, colourful.....what more could anyone want?
I used to love it when I got a little packet of Sultana's in my lunch box. What is it with people now days anyway, what right have they got judge the childs lunch box, I notice none of them put there childs lunch up.

Ok I was always told lettuce was rabbit food.

I always had little Tupperware containers that I would put sultanas in and another with cut up fruit with a squeeze of lemon juice which stopped the fruit from going brown.

Wished I was that inventive. Good on the mum.

My daughters packed the kids cucumber sticks carrots and strawberries.

One of my girls that that worked at McDonald's made a comment recently of how many mums go to McDonald's after school and there are parents which it is a daily thing.
I think this mum maybe needs to educate those mums
Mcdonalds, and these 'mums' have the hide to whinge about this childs lunch box, I think they should try and get a life before judging someone else's childs lunch box.

When I was a teenager at school I often had (because I asked for them) sultana sandwiches for my lunch. Yum!! Never tried raisins on a sandwich but don't think they would be as good as sultanas.

When I was a teenager at school I often had (because I asked for them) sultana sandwiches for my lunch. Yum!! Never tried raisins on a sandwich but don't think they would be as good as sultanas.
When my children had Sports days or excursions, they loved taking honey and sultana sandwiches for lunch. They didn't need to stay cold, and gave them energy when needed. These were a treat for the occasion, not a regular occurrence.

Well done mum My D-I-L is a nurse and my GD never tasted sugar until she was 5, her treat was dried fruit too. Now she enjoys a lolly but it isn't a big deal.

Reactions: CherCher and Ricci
What a brilliant lunch box. My kids used to love it when they got "rabbit poo" in their lunchbox (Sultanas or raisins, we had rabbits at that time!). I love her idea of Cucumber and Carrots makes the whole thing interesting, I was never that inventive.:D
Looks like a pretty good food balance to me.

Reactions: Ricci
I just love raisins the best. Always a treat for me as I am a pre-war person who was deprived of sweet things when little due to the war. I remember my mum queuing for hours so I would get a banana & an orange in my Christmas stocking. Kids today just don't realize how lucky they are. Mind you I was in England at the time.

What is wrong with these people. Raisins, sultanas are good to eat. Rabbit food!!!!! don't any of the mums eat or give their kids anything except Maccas and junk food. Good on the mum I say. Her child will grow up trying different foods
Too true. Fruits and nuts are yummy as long as they don't have allergies to them. Even cheese added . Conisuer . Don't you love them with a glass of wine .

What is wrong with these people. Raisins, sultanas are good to eat. Rabbit food!!!!! don't any of the mums eat or give their kids anything except Maccas and junk food. Good on the mum I say. Her child will grow up trying different foods
To true. Raisins, sultanas, especially with nuts or cheese. 😋 Connesuer( if I spelt that wrong, blame the internet ) that's what they become. Don't you love them with a glass of